Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

National Hunt Chase (4 miler) 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JackieMoon33 View Post
    Gigginstown call the shots so even if Gordon wants the 4 miler, they may think otherwise.
    This is the key point. Gigginstown also love their Nationals and it's not difficult to imagine him missing Cheltenham altogether if they've achieved the correct mark.

Comment

I actually think BBB will run at least another two times before the festival so who knows what the plan could be then. Gigginstown call the shots so even if Gordon wants the 4 miler, they may think otherwise.

The any race is the best angle as with so many other bets.
      I remember last year Gordon really wanted Dounikos in this but O'Leary pulled rank and he went down the RSA route. Not really surprising as they often fire two bullets at the RSA, and they had Mossback for this. As I have stated earlier in this thread, Gigginstown have more than enough bullets to fire at the RSA which will hopefully, barring injuries, leaves the 4-miler route clear for BBB.

Comment

• Originally posted by charlie View Post
        I remember last year Gordon really wanted Dounikos in this but O'Leary pulled rank and he went down the RSA route. Not really surprising as they often fire two bullets at the RSA, and they had Mossback for this. As I have stated earlier in this thread, Gigginstown have more than enough bullets to fire at the RSA which will hopefully, barring injuries, leaves the 4-miler route clear for BBB.
        Who's all these bullets for the RSA? There's delta work and champagne classic. Can't think of anymore unless I'm missing a few.

(Blow by blow wouldn't have a chance in the rsa anyway)
        https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
        Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by boopa View Post
          Mr Whipped 40/1 is interesting.
          Agreed I've had a small bet on him for this with 365. His run lto showed he wants 3m+ and with Henderson having a lot of novice chasers he seems the more likely to go here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
            Who's all these bullets for the RSA? There's delta work and champagne classic. Can't think of anymore unless I'm missing a few.

(Blow by blow wouldn't have a chance in the rsa anyway)
            I keep forgetting Cracking Smart stays hurdling, so yes Delta Work and Champagne Classic. I agree re BBB & RSA.

Comment

• Originally posted by taylorch1990 View Post
              Agreed I've had a small bet on him for this with 365. His run lto showed he wants 3m+ and with Henderson having a lot of novice chasers he seems the more likely to go here.
              Runs today at Haydock over 2m4f in bad ground I believe

Comment

• Originally posted by archie View Post
                This is the key point. Gigginstown also love their Nationals and it's not difficult to imagine him missing Cheltenham altogether if they've achieved the correct mark.
                Yes but they will also send something here. You have to go back to 2011 to when Gigginstown didn’t have a runner in the 4-miler, many of which go on to the Irish Grand National anyway. We know Gigginstown also love their Nationals, they turn up mob handed every year. Be interesting to see mark.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                  Runs today at Haydock over 2m4f in bad ground I believe
                  That's why I've had a small bet if he wins he should shorten and if he didn't impress hopefully I can cash out for a small loss.

Comment

• Originally posted by charlie View Post
                    I keep forgetting Cracking Smart stays hurdling, so yes Delta Work and Champagne Classic. I agree re BBB & RSA.
                    I had a little punt at 40-1 b.b.b - r.sa , Given that the O'learys decide where they go.

Comment

• Not good enough for RSA.

Comment

• Chris’s Dream makes his Chase debut for HdB at Navan tomorrow and he was the other I had shortlisted for the National Hunt Chase along with Blow By Blow and It’s All Guesswork. It’s a pretty decent race over shorter than I think he needs so I’m looking for a good round of jumping primarily and then reassess whether he gets backed or not.

Comment

Chris’s Dream makes his Chase debut for HdB at Navan tomorrow and he was the other I had shortlisted for the National Hunt Chase along with Blow By Blow and It’s All Guesswork. It’s a pretty decent race over shorter than I think he needs so I’m looking for a good round of jumping primarily and then reassess whether he gets backed or not.
                          Found the Albert Bartlett a bit too much last year. Was well fancied / backed in the days leading up to the festival if memory serves... although I have a niggle that it was ground related?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                            Found the Albert Bartlett a bit too much last year. Was well fancied / backed in the days leading up to the festival if memory serves... although I have a niggle that it was ground related?
                            The Albert Bartlett was a bit much for him on his fourth Hurdle start but he’s always been a staying chaser. He looks to prefer softer going but won his point on Gd/Y.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigChaang View Post
                              Just been reading an article by Neill Mulholland - " Impulsive star will remain a Novice which should work in his favour.
                              And a return trip to Cheltenham for the 4 miler in 2019 is already
                              the Long term aim "
                              Neil Mulholland was on the Jumps Racing podcast. Confirmed again that Impulsive Star will have another crack at this race BC.

His big target will be the 4 miler again. He'll be a year older when he finished 4th in it last year. Didn't have the best preparations as i'm sure you're aware. He slipped up at Catterick first time over fences and we were happy to run him but we could never get him exactly how we wanted him. We weren't complaining about it but at the same time we feel he should be better this time. A year older. If he's able to finish in the first 4 last year you'd have to think he'll be competitive this year
                              Currently 33/1. Experience will be a plus for him like you say and both Ms Parfois and Sizing Tennessee have done the form no harm. On my radar but i'd like to se a bit more from him leading up to the race and he's a horse where the markets won't cut him instantly. Currently rated 133, i'd want that to improve to really fancy him as he was 21 lengths behind the first 3 that day

Comment

• I put him in a L.15 today Jono , with Delta work, Penhill and * Chica Buena - triumph hdl.
                                * chica Buena rattled up on Saturday at Aintree , beating Giving Glances by a mile.

Comment

Working...
                                X