Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Mares Hurdle 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow ... anyone just seen the interview to o’leary On at the races after the race ?

Comment

Just went in on the 3/1 as well. Shocked she was that price.

Have to say I lost a little faith with Apple's Jade after the end of last season. She was my biggest fancy of the entire week, thought she was unbeatable. Even after Cheltenham I thought she'd turn the tables round with Benie des Dieux. BdD emphatically beat her again though and I questioned and wondered how she could reverse the form going into this season.

My word she has stepped up to another level this year.

Today shows the level Apple's Jade can get too. As good as Benie was in the Mares races she couldn't have done what AJ did there. And AJ has been doing this throughout her career,

8 Grade Ones (including 2 after her juvenile season which is incredibly hard to do)
      She's faced the boys in 11 races - 12122111111

I lost faith in Apple's Jade but i'm well and truly back onboard now!

Superstar
      Last edited by jono; 2 December 2018, 02:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by thistlecracker View Post
        Wow ... anyone just seen the interview to o’leary On at the races after the race ?
        No. What did he say?

Comment

Originally posted by Innoko View Post
          Like last year
          E/W 19/1 the double.... landed nicely

I needed Apple's Jade to win me over again, that was it.

I'd back her against Benie Des Dieux or Laurina over 2m4f, one of them would need to put in a RIDICULOUS performance now for me to change my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by jono View Post
            No. What did he say?
            Why don’t you run her in the CH?
            You go for the race you can win
            But nobody wants to see that
            I don’t care, she’ll probably go mares

Comment

Also talking about Ge being a smaller trainer, mentioned again about Millie Mullins arguements they had over fees and implied if they sorted the price then easily could see him switching back. GE was standing right next to him, also made a few digs at him being the one to blame for not getting apples right last year

Comment

Originally posted by charlie View Post
                Why don’t you run her in the CH?
                You go for the race you can win
                But nobody wants to see that
                I don’t care, she’ll probably go mares
                Nothing surprising in that at all.... never changed has it.

Comment

Originally posted by thistlecracker View Post
                  Also talking about Ge being a smaller trainer, mentioned again about Millie Mullins arguements they had over fees and implied if they sorted the price then easily could see him switching back. GE was standing right next to him, also made a few digs at him being the one to blame for not getting apples right last year
                  I think you've missed O'Leary's sense of humour there Thistlecracker

Was very tongue-in-cheek!

They've openly said they have no issue with Willie and if he lowered his training fee's he'd have horses with them again...

Don't read anything in to it

Comment

Apples Jade v Laurina in the mares what racing fan wouldnt like to see that match up.

Comment

Originally posted by iainmcf View Post
                      Apples Jade v Laurina in the mares what racing fan wouldnt like to see that match up.
                      Me. Gordon and michael/ eddie oleary.

I wouldnt be overly scared of her. But An easy a race as possible for AJ will do me.
                      https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                      Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                        Me. Gordon and michael/ eddie oleary.

I wouldnt be overly scared of her. But An easy a race as possible for AJ will do me.
                        Buy you do agree the mares race is the right race for Laurina, must have a better chance of beating Apples Jade as opposed to Buveir.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                          E/W 19/1 the double.... landed nicely

I needed Apple's Jade to win me over again, that was it.

I'd back her against Benie Des Dieux or Laurina over 2m4f, one of them would need to put in a RIDICULOUS performance now for me to change my mind.
                          Touche!

Comment

Originally posted by iainmcf View Post
                            Buy you do agree the mares race is the right race for Laurina, must have a better chance of beating Apples Jade as opposed to Buveir.

I don't think we know whether she'd have a better chance against BVD over 2m than Apple's Jade over 2m4f yet to be honest.

They're both superb at their trip, so whichever trip suits her best will tell us?

Comment

Ted Walsh very keen for Apples Jade not to run in the Mares - I wonder why

Comment

Originally posted by Old Vic View Post
                                Ted Walsh very keen for Apples Jade not to run in the Mares - I wonder why
                                Saying samcro would be a nice pace maker for her. Wonder who that would suit.
                                https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                                Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

Working...
                                X