Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Best Podcasts for The Festival

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Podcasts for The Festival

Hi Guys,

Anyone listening to any particularly good podcasts about the festival and betting for the festival?

If so, which ones?

I listen to....

The final furlong
    The northern gamblers
    Sprouting life
    Racing post
    Race hour
    On the hunt
    Jumps racing
    Matchbook
    Luck on Sunday
    Love the jumps
    GG

Comment

Sporting not sprouting

Comment

Originally posted by Stormez View Post
        I listen to....

The final furlong
        The northern gamblers
        Sprouting life
        Racing post
        Race hour
        On the hunt
        Jumps racing
        Matchbook
        Luck on Sunday
        Love the jumps
        GG

The Finishing Line by the guys who own betopin.com is ranking on Youtube right now. Found it and it also looks decent.

Comment

Originally posted by betofi.net View Post
          The Finishing Line by the guys who own betopin.com is ranking on Youtube right now. Found it and it also looks decent.
          It wouldn't be your podcast, would it?

Just a wild guess!

Comment

Originally posted by betofi.net View Post
            Not really a podcast if it’s on YouTube is it?!

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
              It wouldn't be your podcast, would it?

Just a wild guess!

It's actually pretty good. Not mine though, unfortunately.
              Guess it isn't a podcast actually - can't find the audio version.

Comment

I listen to....

The final furlong
                The northern gamblers
                Sprouting life
                Racing post
                Race hour
                On the hunt
                Jumps racing
                Matchbook
                Luck on Sunday
                Love the jumps
                GG
                Do you find time to do anything bar listen to podcasts?

Comment

Originally posted by FaugheenTheMachine View Post
                  Do you find time to do anything bar listen to podcasts?
                  Haha yeah occasionally! I do a lot of cycling so they’re great for when I’m out, whiles the hours away. Listen to a similar amount of NBA ones too and a few cycling ones, that’s it though!

Comment

I listen to....

The final furlong
                    The northern gamblers
                    Sprouting life
                    Racing post
                    Race hour
                    On the hunt
                    Jumps racing
                    Matchbook
                    Luck on Sunday
                    Love the jumps
                    GG
                    By the time I get to Jump Racing I think "I have heard all of this analysis already"

Final Furlong
                    Racing Post
                    On The Hunt
                    Sporting Life

I'd go to Luck On Sunday next.

The Northern Gamblers one I don't like much, one of the guys doesn't know a lot it seems.

How highly do you rate the others?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                      By the time I get to Jump Racing I think "I have heard all of this analysis already"

Final Furlong
                      Racing Post
                      On The Hunt
                      Sporting Life

I'd go to Luck On Sunday next.

The Northern Gamblers one I don't like much, one of the guys doesn't know a lot it seems.

How highly do you rate the others?
                      Yeah I wouldn’t listen to them all every week, as you say you reach a point where you’re just listening to the same thing with a different voice.

The rac hour is good, didn’t do any for ages but they’ve picked it up again recently. Can’t remember if it was last festival or the one before but they banged a load of good prices winners in.

Obviously I’d say the FFP is the best, everyone seems to be a Kevin Blake disciple now so I’m due most would agree! Then on the hunt, sporting life is ok but they pretty much just parrot what they put in print.

Comment

I struggle with Jumps Racing because, as someone starting out in podcasting, we're piling all the money we have into gear because sound is so important, and they have funding yet don't seem to bother. Sounds like it is recording underwater, can barely hear it over the tube.

Been listening to Final Furlong for years, but I think it's dipped since it's gone twice weekly, and tbh Kennedy increasingly does my head in. He's got a good schooling in radio so he used to be great at creating the vibe, getting some banter going and setting up well for the experts like a good host should do (see also: the recent interview eps where he was great). But increasingly Blake et al get sidelined as he goes off on some incoherent rant that has me rolling me eyes or the endless marvel chat (and I love marvel films). I find about 5% of the run time is Blake saying "move on".

Comment

Originally posted by robith View Post
                          I struggle with Jumps Racing because, as someone starting out in podcasting, we're piling all the money we have into gear because sound is so important, and they have funding yet don't seem to bother. Sounds like it is recording underwater, can barely hear it over the tube.

Been listening to Final Furlong for years, but I think it's dipped since it's gone twice weekly, and tbh Kennedy increasingly does my head in. He's got a good schooling in radio so he used to be great at creating the vibe, getting some banter going and setting up well for the experts like a good host should do (see also: the recent interview eps where he was great). But increasingly Blake et al get sidelined as he goes off on some incoherent rant that has me rolling me eyes or the endless marvel chat (and I love marvel films). I find about 5% of the run time is Blake saying "move on".
                          I enjoy listening to the FFP and the analysis and opinion that comes with it, but in an hour an a half they could cover way more than they do. Kevin Blake is someone whose opinion I respect and is very good at his job, but there is just something about him that I find increasingly annoying. He definitely enjoys the sound of his own voice too much

Comment

As you bring it up, one of the problems I have with the racing post is Tom Segal sounds like he’s got his hand on his mike half the time, can’t hear what he’s saying. I know I’m not missing out on anything but still.....

Comment

Working...
                            X