Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Albert Bartlett Novice Hurdle 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
    Took the risk and added cracking smart at 14/1 to add to
    Next destination 33s
    I'd be confident He wins this weekend and hopefully they will send him this way.
    Cracking smart or ND out this weekend mate?

Comment

• White Moon & On The Blind Side out at Sandown 2.30 tomorrow. 2.3m? wouldn't have thought it suited either, certainly not OTBS.
      I think I'll be on White Moon tomorrow.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
        I couldn't not have On The Blind Side on board.... keep watching that win back and I think he'll be a major player with a further step up in trip over hurdles.
        Too risky for me especially with his race tomorrow.
        The bartlett is ran at a good clip would he still have the resolve to battle and come through horses as such a young horse in the middle of a big field in a war of attrition like the bartlett? I'm not sure but I wouldn't knock his form so far what so ever.
        https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
        Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

Too risky for me especially with his race tomorrow.
          The bartlett is ran at a good clip would he still have the resolve to battle and come through horses as such a young horse in the middle of a big field in a war of attrition like the bartlett? I'm not sure but I wouldn't knock his form so far what so ever.
          They seem happy enough to run him again and build up his experience... wouldn't want to back him tomorrow particularly bullishly but I will be watching so keenly

Comment

• Originally posted by doctorwu View Post
            White Moon & On The Blind Side out at Sandown 2.30 tomorrow. 2.3m? wouldn't have thought it suited either, certainly not OTBS.
            I think I'll be on White Moon tomorrow.
            Ground will be testing and the stiff uphill finish will suit so I'll probably be with OTBS.
            I got the impression at Cheltenham that he traveled OK, got outpaced when they cam down the hill and was galvanised when they met the rising ground, the only downhill section at Sandown and where he could get outpaced is at the start of the back straight, a mile or more from the line....

Comment

• Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
              Ground will be testing and the stiff uphill finish will suit so I'll probably be with OTBS.
              I got the impression at Cheltenham that he traveled OK, got outpaced when they cam down the hill and was galvanised when they met the rising ground, the only downhill section at Sandown and where he could get outpaced is at the start of the back straight, a mile or more from the line....
              Ista,
              Is the uphill finish at Sandown steeper than Cheltenham. Im not that well acquainted with Sandown.
              Totally agree with your synopsis regarding OTBS run at Cheltenham.

Comment

• It's not steeper Doc but it is longer.
                At Chelt they come down the hill, hit the bottom and have an uphill run of around 2f (max), at Sandown it's a longer straight of 4f and being uphill for pretty much all of it.
                Both courses have stiff finishes but Sandown is probably more of a slog

Comment

• I haven't got White Moon backed in anything at the moment, so will be cheering OTBS on ... so hope it does play to his strengths. Still don't think I will part with any 'hard-earned' tomorrow though

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                    I haven't got White Moon backed in anything at the moment, so will be cheering OTBS on ... so hope it does play to his strengths. Still don't think I will part with any 'hard-earned' tomorrow though
                    Honestly wouldnt be suprised if the pair of them got beaten tomorrow. Certainly don't think it will be anything like a 1-2 clear from the rest. If anything wins well it would be white moon imo pulling away. But I wouldn't be confident.

Tizzard has missed a massive trick not going for a big pot off his mark. Ie Lanzarote hurdle.
                    Last edited by Scooby91; 7 December 2017, 09:52 PM.

Comment

Honestly wouldnt be suprised if the pair of them got beaten tomorrow. Certainly don't think it will be anything like a 1-2 clear from the rest. If anything wins well it would be white moon imo pulling away. But I wouldn't be confident.

Tizzard has missed a massive trick not going for a big pot off his mark. Ie Lanzarote hurdle.
                      I've had a little dabble in the race on Dynamite Dollars at 14s. Wouldn't be surprised to see On The Blind Side win but having digged into the form a little deeper Dynamite Dollars is tied in closely to my old favourite Claimantakinforgan over shorter. I think that will prove to be a good level and given that he's by a full brother to Big Bucks this step up in trip should surely suit
                      Last edited by Robante; 8 December 2017, 08:36 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robante View Post
                        I've had a little dabble in the race on Dynamite Dollars at 14s. Wouldn't be surprised to see On The Blind Side win but having digged into the form a little deeper Dynamite Dollars is tied in closely to my old favourite Claimantakinforgan over shorter. I think that will prove to be a good level and given that he's by a full brother to Big Bucks this step up in trip should surely suit
                        I like dynamite dollars. But in that race at chepstow the tizzard horse made a terrible blunder when cruising and looking all over the winner. so it's hard to take the form literally. He looks overpriced at 14/1 though.

Won't be betting in this race personally.

Comment

• Cracking Smart seems to be entered up at Cork on Sunday in the Grade 3 Stayers Novice Hurdle. Should be a good pointer this, first of the proper Graded trials over 3 miles for the Albert Bartlett.

Gigginstown have sent something here to finish in the first 2 for the last 7 years including Gangster and Road to Riches to win it.

CS has won it's last 2 in the manner of a proper horse and I fully expect it to go off fav on Sunday if running. Had a bet today with WH odds boost from 14/1 to 15.2/1 for March and fully expect a single figure price if winning well on Sunday.

Next week we will see the Bristol Novices Hurdle run at the International meeting and we will likely see another Albert Bartlett pretender or two there.

I would only be interested in a horse for this race with form in any of these Graded trials.

Comment

• Very very good from OTBS today. Didn't get outpaced which to me would suggest the Ballymore could also be an option still, but I was massively impressed with him there.

Comment

• Very impressive OTBS there. Hoping he doesn't confuse that Ballymore picture and heads here

Comment

• I love OTBS. Travelled much better as you say, but the further he goes the easier he wins. Topped up 4 pts on AB as he loomed up....

Appreciate Next Destination and Cracking Smart over in Ireland might be better but 20/1 and 16/1 I am very happy with.

Comment

Working...
                                X