Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Supreme Novice Hurdle 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Morley Street View Post
    Very pleased with Al Dancer today and believe he is now rightly at the head of the market for this. On a line through Lisp, Grand Sancy and the like have a lot to find IMO. It is only fairly recently that the Betfair has been targeted by the top novices, although I’m old enough to remember Make a Stand winning it and going on to win the Champion. Anyway, if not this year, I feel that it’s only a matter of time until the winner goes on to win the Supreme. The Champ form has taken a few knocks today and I could see Angels now being rerouted. If so, Klassical Dream the only real danger for me.
    Aramon is better. People have him down as a good ground horse. I think he hated the ground at Leopardstown didn't change off his off fore. Would have beat KD comfortably if he ran straight.

Comment

• If Nicky Henderson targets the 2m novice at Huntington on Thursday and angels breath puts in the type of performance we think he's capable of then you'll have a 5/2, 3-1 favourite of the supreme who baring his point has only ran over 2miles. Nickys making comparisons with altior, you'd be a brave man to reroute him to the 2m 5 race and rely on a betfair hurdle winner for the supreme.

Comment

• Who would need to be brave the trainer or the owner? the owner has already said he wants to keep them apart. If you were the owner you'd want to win them both.

Comment

• He's also said before that he wouldn't mind havin them in the same race and after the betfair he said he was thinking about the longer race for al dancer before he was keen today. I think you'd be a brave owner. Could end up with nothing. The way Henderson raves about his horse, 2 miler, altior etc I'd be taking his advice and hoping he'd be the next big thing over 2 miles like he's managed buveur d'air and altior.

Comment

• Originally posted by boopa View Post
            Aramon is better. People have him down as a good ground horse. I think he hated the ground at Leopardstown didn't change off his off fore. Would have beat KD comfortably if he ran straight.
            Aramon is my biggest bet in this race, and IMO he's the best from an Irish perspective so happy to back him in at 12/1

Al Dancer I backed at 12/1 after he romp home at Cheltenham. I went in and back him at 12/1 for the betfair hurdle.... was cancelled, and then stupidly didnt back him at 3/1 even thought I thought he was a supreme horse - LESSONS LEARNT!!! The price put me off... I dont know why it just did!

I think there's more to come from Al Dancer. Wasn't whipped in his previous 3 starts and was only whipped when going away from the field today.

I think Al Dancer will go very close, but I think Aramon is the one

Angel Breathe, although sitting on him at 24/1, is a horse that isnt really bred for a race like this, and I'm really concerned that they havent been able to get a prep run into him, appears he's recently had the flu jab so not even sure he'll be 100% for this race despite it being another 3 weeks. In addition, he appears to be a horse who needs certain conditions. I have a feeling Angels will be pulled out of the festival

At bigger odds, Itchy Feet has to be mentioned, and I've already backed at 40/1. Has beaten Grand Sancy and went close again the Tolworth winner whilst giving 5lbs at CD!! Horse wants good ground, and could be a unexposed here, aswell as being unrated

For me, my shortlist is as followed (in order)

1) Aramon
            2) Itchy Feet
            3) Al Dancer

Comment

• On form there is very little between Aramon and Klassical Dream. If you have one on a short-list it makes no sense to omit the other.

Comment

• I have Aramon 65/1, Klassical Dream and Angels Breath 33/1, Mister Fisher 25/1. Al Dancer would kill my book.

My concern with Aramon is he hung left but he has backed up his good clock performance at Christmas. I would have preferred him to go straight there tbh. I can see the price angle with Itchy Feet but he hung left badly on his last run that put me off.

Comment

• I’m getting twitchy with my Angel Breath bets for this race as they’re Ante Post, I don’t whether to sit tight or cash out

Comment

• Originally posted by The King Pimm View Post
                    I’m getting twitchy with my Angel Breath bets for this race as they’re Ante Post, I don’t whether to sit tight or cash out
                    Gonna have to have quick fingers between now and Cheltenham. Nickys (Unibets) twitter on notify

Comment

• Originally posted by boopa View Post
                      I have Aramon 65/1, Klassical Dream and Angels Breath 33/1, Mister Fisher 25/1. Al Dancer would kill my book.

My concern with Aramon is he hung left but he has backed up his good clock performance at Christmas. I would have preferred him to go straight there tbh. I can see the price angle with Itchy Feet but he hung left badly on his last run that put me off.
                      Al Dancer is not a good one for me either and tbh I'm not too bothered about him still either.

With regards to Angel's Breath, if Nicky is to be believed I don't see why you send the quickest horse over hurdles for the Ballymore. He's quick over hurdles and stays a trip, he'll hose up in the Supreme. Has been mentioned in the same breath as Altior already, Nicky isn't stupid.
                      Last edited by ComplyOrDie; 16 February 2019, 08:58 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                        Al Dancer is not a good one for me either and tbh I'm not too bothered about him still either.

With regards to Angel's Breath, if Nicky is to be believed I don't see why you send the quickest horse over hurdles for the Ballymore. He's quick over hurdles and stays a trip, he'll hose up in the Supreme. Has been mentioned in the same breath as Altior already, Nicky isn't stupid.
                        It's not Nickys choice. I guarentee atleast 1 of klassical dream/ angels breath go for the ballymore. If not both.
                        https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                        Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Al dancer was good but what did he beat dirt wait and see AB when he comes out again

Watched it back again never seen a bigger overaction in my life this horse won’t win the surpreme
                          Look at the horses in behind come on
                          Last edited by Arkle; 16 February 2019, 09:45 PM.

Comment

• What is the logic in thinking KD goes Ballymore?

Comment

• Originally posted by Folski View Post
                              What is the logic in thinking KD goes Ballymore?
                              I can see the logic of Angels Breath going for the Ballymore but struggling to see why the Deloitte winner will be stepped up in trip.

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                                I can see the logic of Angels Breath going for the Ballymore but struggling to see why the Deloitte winner will be stepped up in trip.
                                He outstayed aramon last time. its easy just to look at his form over here. If you stay round auteuil , The ballymore would be no bother.

Options are open
                                https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                                Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

Working...
                                X