Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Supreme Novice Hurdle 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gone back in on Raya Time @ 40/1.

Comment

Originally posted by JackieMoon33 View Post
      Sebastopol, Seven De Baune and Thomas Darby declared for the 2m maiden Hurdle at Cheltenham tomorrow. That’s going to be decent early form for the winner. Olly Murphy did have Brewin’upastorm entered too but he’ll be able to get a handle of the form with Thomas Darby. It should prove a nice early season contest.
      Have to be careful not to get too carried away though ... the roll of honour is full of nice horses that didn't quite reach very lofty heights. (Cheltenham).

I'm hoping for a big run from Sebastapol personally but I am not backing him today

Comment

Statistically, this October meeting very rarely points to winners in March.

Comment

Purely out of interest I’ve just had a quick look back at the winners from the last 5 seasons of this October meeting...

No winners did anything of note at 2018 festival

Fox Norton - won the 2m handicap chase and was then a close 2nd in QM
          Wholestone - won the 3m novice hurdle and was then 3rd in AB

Rock The World - won the 2m novice chase and was then 3rd in Grand Annual

Moon Racer – won the bumper and then won Champion Bumper
          * Tiger Roll also won at this meeting but was unplaced in that season’s festival

Lac Fontana – won the maiden hurdle and then won County Hurdle
          Balthazar King – won the 3m handicap chase and then won XC
          John’s Spirit – won 2m 4f handicap chase and was then 4th in the Plate
          Thomas Crapper – won 2m 5f handicap hurdle and was then 2nd in the Martin Pipe

So, the last 5 October meetings have produced 3 winners at the same season’s festival plus a further 5 placed horses. Whilst not being prolific I’d say it’s reasonable and certainly doesn’t suggest that we should be ignoring the winners from this weekend.
          Last edited by Viking Flagship; 26 October 2018, 04:02 PM.

Comment

Its subjective I guess but...

In the last four seasons (around 56 races). Only Moon Racer won in March.

Comment

Sebastopol disappointed there despite the hype (I still think Fame And Glory progeny will need 2 and a half) but the winner looked good in the end despite being very green. I doubt the stats mentioned above will be threatened.

Comment

Sebastopol disappointed there despite the hype (I still think Fame And Glory progeny will need 2 and a half) but the winner looked good in the end despite being very green. I doubt the stats mentioned above will be threatened.
                Glad I only backed him with a couple of free bets in the end, was ready to pull the trigger in running, but never threatened

Comment

If you are correct then Commander Of Fleet will most certainly be needing to head for the Ballymore then.

Comment

Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                    If you are correct then Commander Of Fleet will most certainly be needing to head for the Ballymore then.
                    I said the same on the Ballymore thread a while back and referenced Commander Of Fleet too. I certainly would not tear up any tickets.

Comment

• Annamix going to be smashed in again. Mullins talking about the work he was doing at home this morning on itv. And Asterion forlonge for the bumper
                      Last edited by Scooby91; 27 October 2018, 02:10 PM.
                      https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                      Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                        Annamix going to be smashed in again. Mullins talking about the work he was doing at home this morning on itv. Asterion forlonge for the bumper
                        Just seen that Scooby. Any info on the bumper horse he mentioned? Osteria Falonga (excuse the spelling)

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                          Annamix going to be smashed in again. Mullins talking about the work he was doing at home this morning on itv. And Asterion forlonge for the bumper
                          Cheers Scooby.Mrs was chopsing in my ear and i missed it

Comment

• Originally posted by Geordieboy83 View Post
                            Just seen that Scooby. Any info on the bumper horse he mentioned? Osteria Falonga (excuse the spelling)
                            Willie Mullins were on the mark when the former parted with £290,000 to secure the Suirview Stables-consigned Asterion Forlonge.

A four-year-old who was last seen winning a maiden point-to-point at Oldtown on Sunday, Asterion Forlonge shares his sire with another of Mullins' recruits in Grade 1 scorer Bacardys as both are by Haras de Cercy resident Coastal Path.

Kirk said: "The sire was a help because we have a couple of horses in the stables by Coastal Path and he's a well respected sire in France. I like the way he won his point-to-point - he finished off the race very well - and we've been very lucky buying stock from Pat Doyle too.

"He'll go back to Willie's yard and he'll be a horse for next season."

Comment

• Originally posted by Geordieboy83 View Post
                              33/1 with 365

Comment

• Originally posted by somer1 View Post
                                33/1 with 365
                                Yep already took it. As everyone else will. And theres substance to back up his words . Was just waiting to hear he stays in bumpers

El barra and shadow rider the other 2 to look out for alot later in the season.
                                Last edited by Scooby91; 27 October 2018, 02:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X