Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Equine Flu Outbreak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
    Have Paddy Power priced up a special on whether Cheltenham will take place. I'd like some insurance
    I think you will find that all bets would be voided unless the races are rescheduled with the same current entries. Or are you wanting the insurance to hedge the loss of your winnings? If so I can sympathise because I'm sitting on a healthy green book for the Gold Cup which would come to nothing. The main thing is the horses are treated quickly as otherwise this could be devastating to the industry.

Comment

Came on here to debate races, probably not much point in that until this clears up. Awful news. Hope it doesn't have a huge impact on the animals themselves and is contained pretty quickly.

From a selfish punting perspective it is probably the worst situation for many reasons, first off already sitting on a loss through horses that sustained injuries or worse, plus cashed out bets, and secondly all the hours/time/debate/discussion of research and you lose any 'deserved' decent prices you may have that are no longer and likely never will be available again, should the festival not go ahead. I presume bets will be void only.

Don't get me wrong, my main concern is obviously all of the horses welfare, and I wish all of them speedy recoveries. Fingers crossed for some good news over the coming week or so.

Comment

Originally posted by Nortons who View Post
        I think you will find that all bets would be voided unless the races are rescheduled with the same current entries. Or are you wanting the insurance to hedge the loss of your winnings? If so I can sympathise because I'm sitting on a healthy green book for the Gold Cup which would come to nothing. The main thing is the horses are treated quickly as otherwise this could be devastating to the industry.
        I think all antipost bets are not voided but classed as losers unless the meeting is rescheduled , I hope your right but I think I read that somewhere once, different rules for Antipost bets,, but you never know the bookies mite be kind as this has never happened in the UK before....
        Last edited by Sirbetalot; 7 February 2019, 07:44 AM.

Comment

It would take a brave bookie to settle Cheltenham antepost bets as losers if the festival was cancelled

Comment

D McCain the only trainer to have runners at Ayr and Ludlow?

I went through them all and looks like it ( not that it makes any difference now)

Comment

Originally posted by FaugheenTheMachine View Post
              It would take a brave bookie to settle Cheltenham antepost bets as losers if the festival was cancelled
              Yes it would. However what will they do with all the thousands if not millions of free bets that have been placed?

Comment

Originally posted by FaugheenTheMachine View Post
                They will be void if it is cancelled.

Comment

Originally posted by Sirbetalot View Post
                  I think all antipost bets are not voided but classed as losers unless the meeting is rescheduled , I hope your right but I think I read that somewhere once, different rules for Antipost bets,, but you never know the bookies mite be kind as this has never happened in the UK before....
                  Of course they're voided. Bets stand if the race is postponed to a later date.

Comment

Sorry I think I am wrong...

If a race is postponed but then takes place at the same track at a later date then all ante-post bets will stand. However, unless advertised differently ante-post bets will be declared void in the following circumstances:

the race is abandoned and does not take place at a later date at the same track;
                    the race is declared void;
                    the race is moved to a different track;
                    the selection is balloted out;
                    the selection was ineligible for the race at the time the bet was struck. For example, if after all entry stages have been closed, a bet has been struck on a runner who is not in the list of entries then the bet will be considered void;
                    it is not possible for the selection to win at the time the bet was struck, for example the horse is dead;
                    the ante-post bet is offered "with a run" which is a specific ante-post bet where stakes are not lost on the non-running horse.

Comment

Originally posted by Nortons who View Post
                      Yeah bets will be voided but my hotel and train tickets won't be

Comment

Originally posted by Sirbetalot View Post
                        It has happened back in 2001 with the foot & mouth outbreak. I was punting ante-post back then, albeit you could get proper prices. All of my ante-post book was voided and I ended up getting returns on horses I’d already written off through injury etc. Not sure whether the rules have changed since but as said, it would be a brave bookie to do anything else.

Comment

Terrible this, hopes and prayers that all is sorted soon

Comment

Yeah bets will be voided but my hotel and train tickets won't be
                            I know feels like Blue Thursday at the minute. Something happening on 31 March that might make rescheduling difficult too.

Comment

With all the delayed runners due to the weather and now we see this which could be a fair few racing days cancelled, this could make this festival very interesting !

Not that I’m a huge follower of trends but most have the potential to be ignored this year

Comment

The worse thing for Antipost backers, is that only a few yards is affected so them yards will be quarantined, fingers crossed its none of the big boys or any yard for that matter..

Comment

Working...
                                X