Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Champion Chase 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Even if Douvan did run well Saturday I doubt they will switch Min to the Ryanair, Min has been geared up all season for two miles, by the looks of it he is a pure 2 miler and sending him back over hurdles when he is doing so well chasing would be just silly for the CH.

If they had the hot fav for the QMCC in Douvan that had nothing to prove they would switch min, But Altior is the deserved hot fav and if it was me (Mullins) I would be thinking I have UDS for the Ryanair, a few questions about Douvan so why not fire two bullets at Altior, you never know one might hit?

But personally I think Douvan will not run on Saturday and as they have Min ready for QM at cheltenham they will keep Douvan fresh & safe for Aintree.

But this is Mullins so expect the unexpected I guess...

Comment

• Originally posted by Sirbetalot View Post
      Even if Douvan did run well Saturday I doubt they will switch Min to the Ryanair, Min has been geared up all season for two miles, by the looks of it he is a pure 2 miler and sending him back over hurdles when he is doing so well chasing would be just silly for the CH.

If they had the hot fav for the QMCC in Douvan that had nothing to prove they would switch min, But Altior is the deserved hot fav and if it was me (Mullins) I would be thinking I have UDS for the Ryanair, a few questions about Douvan so why not fire two bullets at Altior, you never know one might hit?

But personally I think Douvan will not run on Saturday and as they have Min ready for QM at cheltenham they will keep Douvan fresh & safe for Aintree.

But this is Mullins so expect the unexpected I guess...
      I don’t see that sending him back over hurdles is silly. It’s for one race not the rest of his career, Presenting Percy went back over hurdles for a race, Tiger Roll is going back over hurdles for a race. I think it’s a distinct possibility Min could go for the champion hurdle, he has the beating of the favourite and to my eye looks in better nick now than the favourite too. The big if is that it depends on Douvan being in the kind of form where he could challenge Altior. That’s why I think it’s still unlikely, as Douvan needs to be flying at home this time in a month for that to be the case

Comment

• They go back over hurdles for a prep not for a championship race

Comment

• Originally posted by Hurricane fly View Post
          They go back over hurdles for a prep not for a championship race
          Buveur D’air? Going from fences to hurdles not an issue at all for me, were that the way they chose to go with Min they’d have a month of schooling him over hurdles at home

Comment

• I can't see any scenario that would make Min run in the champion hurdle. He's 180 on the exchanges for a reason.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robbante View Post
              Buveur D’air? Going from fences to hurdles not an issue at all for me, were that the way they chose to go with Min they’d have a month of schooling him over hurdles at home
              BDA did it after two runs in his novice season and had a prep run over hurdles before the CH.

Min will be mid way through his second season chasing and will have no prep.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hurricane fly View Post
                BDA did it after two runs in his novice season and had a prep run over hurdles before the CH.

Min will be mid way through his second season chasing and will have no prep.
                My point is though that I don’t think it’s a tough ask for a horse to revert from fences to hurdles, a good chaser can usually switch back and be slick enough over hurdles first time (presenting percy last time out as an example). I hope Min goes champion chase and buveur d’air champion hurdle, that would be the best scenario for me. But were Min to go for the champion hurdle he would have as good a chance as Buveur D’air of winning it... that he is then priced 12s nrnb makes it a no brainer of a bet for me

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                  I can't see any scenario that would make Min run in the champion hurdle. He's 180 on the exchanges for a reason.
                  Douvan and Yorkhill both flying at home, Faugheen not showing anything and retired. Douvan to champion chase, Yorkhill to ryanair alongside un de sceaux. In that scenario where does Min go? I would guess champion hurdle most likely, in that scenario. The scenario itself is not very likely, thus why you’re seeing 180 on the exchanges. Min 12s nrnb is a no brainer because if he runs he’d be 3s. Doesn’t run money back

Comment

• I'd just be trying my money up Rob, for all that to fall into place in the next 3 weeks I'd want 1000.

You'd probably have a decent bet at 12/1 but I wouldn't fancy him to beat Buveur D'air

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                      I'd just be trying my money up Rob, for all that to fall into place in the next 3 weeks I'd want 1000.

You'd probably have a decent bet at 12/1 but I wouldn't fancy him to beat Buveur D'air
                      Yeah fair point, don’t like tying up money either and don’t usually do so. Probably just overthinking it all a little bit (desperately want the handicap entries to come out so can get stuck into that). I would have Min to beat Buveur D’air though

Comment

• THis was easily the biggest bit of news I missed... I will be absolutely thrilled if Douvan gets declared tomorrow for the weekend... fingers tightly crossed!

Comment

• Douvan not declared for Gowran

Comment

• Was just going to post that. So rumours saying he was flying at home were maybe off the mark.

Disappointing really.

Comment

• Gowran tweeting its heavy ground. When i seen that i thought there would be very little chance he'd run

Comment

• Surely goes straight there now if he goes at all.

Comment

Working...
                                X