Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Arkle 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Liammet View Post
    Does daryl Jacob have first choice of munir's horses in the Arkle ?
    If so,surely he will pick footpad over Sceau Royal
    No he dosent, footpad is rubys ride. Connections and Jacob have said that.
    https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
    Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by Liammet View Post
      Does daryl Jacob have first choice of munir's horses in the Arkle ?
      If so,surely he will pick footpad over Sceau Royal
      No. He get's told....

He's lucky to get the rides in the first place... and makes sense for everybody to have him on Sceau and Ruby on Mullins' runner.

He only rode Footpad because Ruby was injured. He said that after he was over there and won on chase debut.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
        No he dosent, footpad is rubys ride. Connections and Jacob have said that.
        Thank god for that , still not forgiven the clown for Might Bite yet.

Comment

• Purely taking advantage of NRNB and BOG - is Petit Mouchoir a cracking bet for the Arkle at 7/1?

Option A: He hits the mark and turns up against Footpad in the Irish Arkle and wins - Surely has to go joint fav AT LEAST

Option B: He hits the mark and turns up against Footpad in the Irish Arkle and loses by 3L max - Drifts, but you have BOG and the two Irish novices look to be the best of any of them over hurdles, so could well be over fences....

Option C: He hits the mark and turns up against Footpad in the Irish Arkle and gets walloped - steps up in trip, you get yuour money back

Option D: He misses the Irish Arkle - you don't know where you stand. You feel confused, scared and alone.

Option E: He misses the Irish Arkle and the festival - money back

With BOG being offered, I think he's a good each way bet at the price... I'm quite tempted.

Comment

• If I hadn't already backed him, he'd be the one in the Arkle I would back at current prices.

Option D

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
              Purely taking advantage of NRNB and BOG - is Petit Mouchoir a cracking bet for the Arkle at 7/1?

Option A: He hits the mark and turns up against Footpad in the Irish Arkle and wins - Surely has to go joint fav AT LEAST

Option B: He hits the mark and turns up against Footpad in the Irish Arkle and loses by 3L max - Drifts, but you have BOG and the two Irish novices look to be the best of any of them over hurdles, so could well be over fences....

Option C: He hits the mark and turns up against Footpad in the Irish Arkle and gets walloped - steps up in trip, you get yuour money back

Option D: He misses the Irish Arkle - you don't know where you stand. You feel confused, scared and alone.

Option E: He misses the Irish Arkle and the festival - money back

With BOG being offered, I think he's a good each way bet at the price... I'm quite tempted.
              Haha...loving option D!

Comment

• Any chance if Queen Mother cuts up they reroute Footpad to their?

Comment

• Originally posted by The Beast View Post
                  Any chance if Queen Mother cuts up they reroute Footpad to their?
                  0% chance
                  https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                  Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by The Beast View Post
                    Any chance if Queen Mother cuts up they reroute Footpad to their?
                    Anthony Bromley, racing manager to owners Simon Munir and Isaac Souede, said: "All being well, Footpad is due to go to the Irish Arkle on February 3.

"He is very exciting, but he was a smart hurdler and it is no surprise he is making a good fist of it over fences. Should he win he will then go for the Arkle. He is not entered for the Champion Chase and he is a novice for one season so we will stick to novice company and the Arkle is a great race. I'm not ruling out Willie putting an entry in the JLT, and he may well get entered in that, but he will be kept in novice company."

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                      Anthony Bromley, racing manager to owners Simon Munir and Isaac Souede, said: "All being well, Footpad is due to go to the Irish Arkle on February 3.

"He is very exciting, but he was a smart hurdler and it is no surprise he is making a good fist of it over fences. Should he win he will then go for the Arkle. He is not entered for the Champion Chase and he is a novice for one season so we will stick to novice company and the Arkle is a great race. I'm not ruling out Willie putting an entry in the JLT, and he may well get entered in that, but he will be kept in novice company."
                      Aaaaaaaagh !!!!!!!!!! . No , stick to the Arkle Anthony.

Comment

• I think Mullins' best chance to win the Arkle and JLT would be Footpad Arkle and 'Whatever else' in the JLT.... as he doesn't have any standout 2 milers in that division that I can fathom.

Wouldn't worry ....

Comment

• Footpad would have to get beaten in the Irish Arkle for them to consider switching to the JLT imo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                            Footpad would have to get beaten in the Irish Arkle for them to consider switching to the JLT imo.
                            i hope your right FM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                              Footpad would have to get beaten in the Irish Arkle for them to consider switching to the JLT imo.
                              Completely agree with you on that FM. Absolutely no worry myself that Footpad will be lining up on the Tuesday, bar a comprehensive defeat in the Irish Arkle. I see no sense in going up in trip for the JLT and connections have history for running several in the same race.

Another small update on Petit Mouchoir today:

The Frank Ward Solicitors Arkle Novice Chase on February 3rd is firmly on his agenda.

"I'm hoping he's still on course for Leopardstown," De Bromhead told At The Races.

"He seems good. He cantered away nicely the other morning and fingers crossed he seems good at the moment."
                              For backers of Footpad there may be a few small remaining doubts for this race (not necessarily ones i have) in Petit Mouchoir returning, the ground, large field sizes (if the case this year) but whether he runs in this race - should not be one.

Comment

• At the prices, it’s Petit Mouchoir for me.

I feel Footpad, depsite lookin the best jumper for a novice I’ve seen in years, is just too short.

Comment

Working...
                                X