Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

How to lose better.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to lose better.

Hi,

I've just launched a website: buenobet.org that ensures punters losses benefit some top sporting charities.

I'm a horse racing fan, (used to be a fanatic) I attended Cheltenham every year up until 2013. My last ever bet there was on Galaxy Rock and I still own the betslip. The Injured Jockeys Fund was the first charity chosen. I've always carried something with me ever since that day and hope buenobet.org can assuage the tinge of regret and make a real difference for those finding themselves on the wrong end of the sports we love to bet on.

With Cheltenham round the corner I'm now trying to raise awareness of the website and would encourage anyone looking to take advantage of the offers going around to sign up for an account via our website. I'm trying to set a new standard in an at-times immoral affiliate industry and encourage more people to set up models like it.

Good luck to all at Cheltenham, I'd really appreciate it if you helped spread the word. I promise to pop back and am happy to answer any questions.

Is it just for new customers or can existing customers place bets through the site? Sounds like a worthy cause - I'll take a look.

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
      Is it just for new customers or can existing customers place bets through the site? Sounds like a worthy cause - I'll take a look.
      Unfortunately just new customers, so that will rule a lot of people out, however there are plenty to choose from. If not then spreading the word amongst your friends would be hugely appreciated.

Thanks.

Comment

Bueno - a few questions

What % of profits go to Charity ?

What overheads are charged ?

Do you get affiliate earnings on losses or new registrations?

I would willing hand this site over to IJF but reality is it doesnt make any money - something I am actually happy about ...

Comment

Originally posted by buenobet View Post
          Unfortunately just new customers, so that will rule a lot of people out, however there are plenty to choose from. If not then spreading the word amongst your friends would be hugely appreciated.

Thanks.
          Sorry Bueno but i have all of the oddschecker firms (well, those you'd want to bet with).

Comment

Originally posted by Old Vic View Post
            Bueno - a few questions

What % of profits go to Charity ?

What overheads are charged ?

Do you get affiliate earnings on losses or new registrations?

I would willing hand this site over to IJF but reality is it doesnt make any money - something I am actually happy about ...
            Hi, no problems.

So the pledge is that at least 75% of everything received goes to charity, but the aim is for it to be 99.9%. There are no employees, no expenses and I promise to be open with figures so people can see I'm not screwing the system. I've already put a bunch of money in setting it up which isn't owed as debt and I'm not going to claim back, ideally I'd love the site to run itself at some point. Once it gets off the ground, running costs should be modest, hence the aim of 99.9%. How many charitable organisations can even claim 75%?

The website earns on losses, not sign ups. I liked the message of punters being able to see any losses at least go to some good. Plus, unlike other affiliates, this model means I have no vested interest in people losing money, but instead ensure something good comes of it if it does happen.

I had thought about setting up directly through the charities, but a conversation with IJF about the idea revealed they wouldn't be able to promote betting. If the website really takes off then I would look to expand the amount of charities that are being donated to.

Regards,
            Last edited by Guest; 10 March 2017, 08:49 PM.

Comment

Bueno - PM me after the fest - id love IJF or similar to take over this place but more than a few canny punters on here.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Vic View Post
                Bueno - PM me after the fest - id love IJF or similar to take over this place but more than a few canny punters on here.
                No worries, apologies but I'm a little lost on what you're suggesting but please feel free to pm me at any stage. And yes, I realise this community know more than your average punter, but the end of the day if people make money that's great (and that's where buenobet.org differs from other affiliates), I just want to make sure that if they don't, that money does something positive.

Comment

I'd like to bump this. Cheltenham was a good one for the bookies, could have also been for some wonderful racing charities. This idea has the potential to make a huge difference so please share it. Even if you have an account with every bookie under the sun, tell the people who don't. There's not a better way to bet and everyone should know that this exists.

I'd like to stick around here as you're a knowledgable community. Buenobet.org is not my website it's ours and it's the charities, please make sure this opportunity to change the betting industry is not wasted.

Comment

Working...
                  X