Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Top Jockey...But not barry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top Jockey...But not barry

Hey guys..any top jockey markets/specials out yet?
    I am still fuming at barry after Notre Notre yesterday.

Looks like the 100-1 for Rachel won't be available this year.

If anyone goes double figures nearer the day then I'll be interested.

Comment

Haha. Do you not remember my Rachel thread last year. I was on 6/1 for Rachel 2+ winners.

Comment

Wouldn’t back Barry anyway, Harry Skelton will be a solid shout

Comment

Originally posted by TheEagleHasLanded View Post
          Did you mean to type 'Harry Skelton' then

Comment

Originally posted by TheEagleHasLanded View Post
            For festival top jockey?

Comment

Can i chuck a wild card into this and let you lot slate me for it?
              Patrick Mullins?

Comment

Originally posted by somer1 View Post
                Can i chuck a wild card into this and let you lot slate me for it?
                Patrick Mullins?
                I'd guess you'd make more backing all of his rides even if he did win it.

Comment

Backing top jockey this far out is madness. In the top trainer market, should a horse get injured they can find a deputy. One fall could put a jockey out for the season with no back-up. Prices in this market are going nowhere for at least 6 weeks unless they are completely out of line with competitors' books or one of the favourites is injured.

Comment

Originally posted by archie View Post
                    Backing top jockey this far out is madness. In the top trainer market, should a horse get injured they can find a deputy. One fall could put a jockey out for the season with no back-up. Prices in this market are going nowhere for at least 6 weeks unless they are completely out of line with competitors' books or one of the favourites is injured.
                    correct...
                    one to talk about and not entertain unless something big happens.
                    Can be a market that is slow to react though, so if someone breaks a leg ???

Comment

I remember a few years ago when paul stepped in for ruby because he was injured. Cant remember what day. Some of the bookies had top jockey for the day but were late to the news and paul was crazy odds.

Comment

Originally posted by punterorplonker View Post
                        I remember a few years ago when paul stepped in for ruby because he was injured. Cant remember what day. Some of the bookies had top jockey for the day but were late to the news and paul was crazy odds.
                        Its a minefield bet , however its a fun bet which can last the four days if your lucky without breaking your bank , bit of interest nearly every race. Me and a few mates who sit round pub all four days normally all chip in and go for the straight double top trainer/jockey. We have won a couple of times , always a good craic.

Comment

Working...
                        X