Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Martin Pipe Handicap Hurdle 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L’ami Serge esc off the bridle

Comment

• is that you being polite...it was dreadful. Lots of people on twitter saying that there would wasnt going to be anything found when asked....but if he kicked when in control he could of been 3 lengths up before being in trouble at least. I think it was a casualty that he was so well handicapped...gave the jockey to much confidence. Thats my personal psychology reason for it in my opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by punterorplonker View Post
        is that you being polite...it was dreadful. Lots of people on twitter saying that there would wasnt going to be anything found when asked....but if he kicked when in control he could of been 3 lengths up before being in trouble at least. I think it was a casualty that he was so well handicapped...gave the jockey to much confidence. Thats my personal psychology reason for it in my opinion.
        The majority of contributors on the forum have more class/understanding than to 'jockey bash'.

Twitter is where you belong if that is what you're looking for.

Dallas Des Pictons would have been a better winner for me than Early Doors but ultimately, if the horse was good enough on the day, he'd have won.
        Last edited by Kevloaf; 15 March 2019, 11:44 PM.

Comment

• Hi Kev
          I didnt have a penny on the horse - thats why i would like to think my justification has a bit more substance to it. I was purely thinking about how confident everyone was from cheltenham previews, the betting and alot of momentum behind it. I would say that sometimes in life something being a good thing (which it definitely was for sure) -you cannot ignore how well it was going before the final few furlongs- that it was a bit of arrogance from the jockey. Jonjo junior actually realised he had to work for the win where mr meyler thought it was nailed on without having to move. I can imagine gordon telling him that he would win it easily, thats probably a bad thing in my opinion.

Comment

Working...
          X