Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham 2019 Ante-Post bets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Agree with Archie here, not sure Elliot specifically highlights anything that he thinks are incredibly well in. In fact, i'd say he's not very frank and honest CCM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Can't Catch Me View Post
      I always find GE quite frank and honest with his Cheltenham comments tbh. If you look back, he's nearly always given his winners very positive mentions in the lead up to the Festival.

The handicapper wont be changing his mark based on trainer comments.
      Tosh - Tiger Roll had no chance according to GE, he even persuaded me to cash out!

Comment

• Originally posted by Can't Catch Me View Post
        I always find GE quite frank and honest with his Cheltenham comments tbh. If you look back, he's nearly always given his winners very positive mentions in the lead up to the Festival.

The handicapper wont be changing his mark based on trainer comments.
        He didn't hide The Storyteller, that springs to mind... although the weights were already out....b ut you're right, that wouldn't change the handicap mark!

In answer to your earlier musing, I think he'll be 4/1, but you'd get 5s closer to the time?

I might take the 13/2 NRNB price.

Missed the boat on the best prices but I'm sailing the boat in a lot of the other 27 so I can afford to

Comment

• Originally posted by bobbyvalentino View Post
          Tosh - Tiger Roll had no chance according to GE, he even persuaded me to cash out!
          As you'll see on the preview nights. He'll change to a different horse for the same race on other nights. By the end of the 3rd one he'll be putting up the same horse he put up on the 1st preview night. For a different race all together.

Happens every year
          https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
          Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• He's won it with relative outsiders previously, the issue is he has many well bred staying times that benefit from stronger run races, and so he gets horse to improve in races like the martin pipe. all of his entries will be of interest.

I'm not sure he's all that cute either as the previous winners were not really massive gambles, certainly no more so than the other dozen in the race that get gambled on, on the day.
            champagne classic and blow by blow were hardly big gambles. His 'well' handicapped horses in the race previously have not delivered.
            So dallas des pictons price now is poor.

Comment

• The Storyteller was a big gamble, and didn't run...he won it with the second string.

I forgot the term for this, but perhaps I'm giving that too much weight, as I remember so well that he said The Storyteller was his best handicapped horse and was going for the M.Pipe...

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                The Storyteller was a big gamble, and didn't run...he won it with the second string.

I forgot the term for this, but perhaps I'm giving that too much weight, as I remember so well that he said The Storyteller was his best handicapped horse and was going for the M.Pipe...
                i was gutted when that got injured

Comment

• A re-run of last years Festival is just starting on RTV... bottle of red wine at the ready.... Perfect

Comment

• Given Willies modus operandi of 5 weeks between runs, and the mandatory IRHB booster vaccination programme will have horses in their box for the next 7 days, are we now fair to assume any horses that haven't been seen set likely will not be going Cheltenham or be making debuts there?

Comment

• Originally posted by archie View Post
                      The quote doesn't say it's the best handicapped horse in the yard. As it's gone up by 7lb in Ireland for the last win (by a neck), it would be surprising if it was especially with the extra 5lb that he'll likely get in the UK.

He gives very positive mentions to nearly all his horses - unless he's hiding a handicap nugget.
                      Gordon entered Dallas Des Pictons in a UK handicap after he won at the DRF and was allocated 141. This is 11lbs above what he won off but he’s not been overly hammered given he is very unexposed.

Comment

• Originally posted by can't catch me View Post
                        a re-run of last years festival is just starting on rtv... Bottle of red wine at the ready.... Perfect
                        go on saint calvados you 100/1 good thing

Comment

• Originally posted by bobbyvalentino View Post
                          Given Willies modus operandi of 5 weeks between runs, and the mandatory IRHB booster vaccination programme will have horses in their box for the next 7 days, are we now fair to assume any horses that haven't been seen set likely will not be going Cheltenham or be making debuts there?
                          Why will they be in their boxes for 7 days? And he sends horses to the festival for their first seasonal appearance quite a lot - Quevega and Penhill to name but two.

Comment

• Bleu Berry another one. Had one run in Feb beat 21L then won Coral Cup.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                              go on saint calvados you 100/1 good thing

Comment

• Originally posted by delsie777 View Post
                                Why will they be in their boxes for 7 days? And he sends horses to the festival for their first seasonal appearance quite a lot - Quevega and Penhill to name but two.
                                As I understand it, any horse that wants to race is required to get a booster shot (if not already had one). And they can't race within 6 days of that booster. Could be wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X