Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

RSA Chase 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes, he would have won both, absolutely.

I did see Henderson say santini is the slowest horse he's ever trained...

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
      Yes, he would have won both, absolutely.

I did see Henderson say santini is the slowest horse he's ever trained...
      That quote on Henderson’s blog about them sending Santini back because he was so slow made me chuckle!

Comment

• Originally posted by doctorwu View Post
        Im not sure about Santini? always had him down as a bit of a plodder. I think OK Corral and him should swap races. But then I thought PP should have gone in the 4miler last year That said, he'd have won that as well Imo.
        Was talking about him with my mate yesterday, and said I thought that from everything Hendo was saying, he should do that

Comment

• I know what Henderson said, but I'm not convinced Santini is actually that slow, either that or so are LBAR & Topofthegame, which I highly doubt, as no slow horse should finish as close up to them 2 on a flat track like Kempton.

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
            I know what Henderson said, but I'm not convinced Santini is actually that slow, either that or so are LBAR & Topofthegame, which I highly doubt, as no slow horse should finish as close up to them 2 on a flat track like Kempton.
            They had a fight between the 2 of them and santini stayed on. Take either out, I doubt they would have had to come off the bridle. Chelt will suit santini. But how far back will he be turning in scrubbed along ?
            Last edited by Scooby91; 11 February 2019, 08:51 AM.
            https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
            Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
              They had a fight between the 2 of them and santini stayed on. Take either out, I doubt they would have had to come off the bridle
              They probably wouldn't you are right, still doesn't mean Santini wouldn't have been a never nearer short distance behind on a flat track and LBAR is the ultimate test of speed IMO, as that is how she goes in a race. If he can almost keep up with her then he isn't slow!

Comment

• What field are we looking at here? May not be a quick pace in the race.

Comment

• Santini will in my view beat up the field in the RSA. I think it ran a great race to finish a close up 3rd at Kempton. The course and the ground was totally against him. He proved he can jump even while being flat out. He reminds me of Native River and he seems to be going OK.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cooldaddy View Post
                    Santini will in my view beat up the field in the RSA. I think it ran a great race to finish a close up 3rd at Kempton. The course and the ground was totally against him. He proved he can jump even while being flat out. He reminds me of Native River and he seems to be going OK.
                    A lot ( not all )on this thread seem to think it’s all about 2 horses and Delta Work appears not to figure much
                    Well I’ve a bet
                    He figures in the finish !

Comment

• Originally posted by Humble Pie View Post
                      A lot ( not all )on this thread seem to think it’s all about 2 horses and Delta Work appears not to figure much
                      Well I’ve a bet
                      He figures in the finish !
                      I think many, like myself, have Delta Work 'any race', I think he is a massive player in this too. Between the 3 of them for sure. Could dutch them 3, as don't see anything else getting involved.

Think you could get somewhere around 8/11, for one of the 3 to win, if you dutched. Whether you see that as value is another thing.
                      Last edited by ComplyOrDie; 11 February 2019, 11:21 AM.

Comment

• I dunno HP.

I think the majority see it as a 3 horse race
                        Is just difficult to mention Santini / Topofthegame without mentioning the other.

DW missing the clash with La Bague Au Roi robbed us of the formline between the nations, so I couldn't see a way to be bullish that any of the 3 won't be involved

Comment

• Soft Ground - Santini
                          Good Ground - Topofthegame

Comment

• Kev another cracker in prospect
                            Salivating at the thought
                            Can’t wait :-)))

Comment

• Santini isn't slow but he lacks tactical speed so would be vulnerable in a slowly run race. A well-run RSA will be ideal.

Comment

• Originally posted by boopa View Post
                                Santini isn't slow but he lacks tactical speed so would be vulnerable in a slowly run race. A well-run RSA will be ideal.
                                ^^ this

Although I'm not entirely sure what's going to make it a test - IMO it would suit both TOTG and DW to run this a little more tactical

Comment

Working...
                                X