Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

RSA Chase 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which Race for Wholestone this season? I was impressed with his Albert Bartlett run tried to switch last few strides of the race just couldn't get there. Id be interested which race he goes to.

Comment

Originally posted by Liam301287 View Post
      Which Race for Wholestone this season? I was impressed with his Albert Bartlett run tried to switch last few strides of the race just couldn't get there. Id be interested which race he goes to.
      I have Wholestone covered for this race - reports suggest that he'll be tried chasing early season and then they'll go from there as to whether they revert to hurdles or not, but I want him onside given his scope for fences and his Cheltenham record

Comment

Originally posted by Robante View Post
        I have Wholestone covered for this race - reports suggest that he'll be tried chasing early season and then they'll go from there as to whether they revert to hurdles or not, but I want him onside given his scope for fences and his Cheltenham record
        He's entered over hurdles on Saturday in the Silver Trophy at Chepstow. If he runs and wins this weekend, he could end up in the Stayers hurdle.

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
          He's entered over hurdles on Saturday in the Silver Trophy at Chepstow. If he runs and wins this weekend, he could end up in the Stayers hurdle.
          Yeah I got that slightly wrong - Twiston-Davies said he'll start off in hurdles but likely to be directed at chasing thereafter. Would probably have an interest if he did go Stayers hurdle, will definitely be having an interest this weekend the form Nige is in!

Comment

The wait will soon be over , been waiting for Presenting Percy to be sent over fences.

He loves Cheltenham and was trained for one race last year and obliged connections for a well thought out plan.

Fine stamp of a horse and i expect him to make a better chaser.

Comment

Originally posted by The Beast View Post
              The wait will soon be over , been waiting for Presenting Percy to be sent over fences.

He loves Cheltenham and was trained for one race last year and obliged connections for a well thought out plan.

Fine stamp of a horse and i expect him to make a better chaser.
              Like has been said I do think there's a strong chance they target a festival handicap with him and replicate Mall Dini's season last year (as they did for the pair over hurdles) but I do hope they aim higher with the horse. 33/1 is definately underestimating him.

I could also see the 4 miler coming into play myself

Comment

I am so tempted to have a stab at Presenting Percy in this race at the 33s.... but Kim Muir, Ultima, RSA and NH chase are all such viable options, as well as an unsuccesful chase debut and tilt at the world hurdle...... I wonder if anyone will give 20s any race

Comment

HdB on Monalee - "We’re aiming him at a beginners chase in late October or early November. We might start him off over two-and-a-half miles and potentially move up in trip later on. He won his point-to-point and has always looked like a chaser in the making, so he’s obviously one we are really looking forward to."

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                    I am so tempted to have a stab at Presenting Percy in this race at the 33s.... but Kim Muir, Ultima, RSA and NH chase are all such viable options, as well as an unsuccesful chase debut and tilt at the world hurdle...... I wonder if anyone will give 20s any race
                    WH have Presenting Percy priced up as 14's in Any Race Market

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                      HdB on Monalee - "We’re aiming him at a beginners chase in late October or early November. We might start him off over two-and-a-half miles and potentially move up in trip later on. He won his point-to-point and has always looked like a chaser in the making, so he’s obviously one we are really looking forward to."
                      Monalee is my main Ante-post bet for this race, so much potential and I think all being well will be quite a short price during morning of RSA.

Comment

Elliott has come out and said Death Duty will run this week. The race is over 2miles2

Comment

Originally posted by Leman14 View Post
                          WH have Presenting Percy priced up as 14's in Any Race Market
                          Not quite big enough to tempt me at this stage....

Originally posted by Geordieboy83 View Post
                          Monalee is my main Ante-post bet for this race, so much potential and I think all being well will be quite a short price during morning of RSA.
                          Seems a little under the radar and I do like HdB quite a lot. (Cliche I know....he does improve horses for a fence.) I'd worry Death Duty has him outclassed on hurdles form over any trip BUT he may just take to it better..... price not quite big enough to get me yet though!

Originally posted by jono View Post
                          Elliott has come out and said Death Duty will run this week. The race is over 2miles2
                          Less likely to go here with a polished performance?

Comment

Another solid round of jumping from Death Duty there, still think this is well within his grasp, possibly too short a trip today but done it well.

Comment

Hes not slow... he could be JLT bound. I really liked that display.

Comment

Its the JLT for sure...

Comment

Working...
                                X