Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

I'm not angry ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm not angry ....

... just disappointed.

I'm scared to check other forums where racing discussion may be rife but for how fantastic this forum is as a resource for Cheltenham we need to up our game? I appreciate done aren't as flat orientated but there is no analysis from last season.

If we focus oh Cheltenham that's fine ... but we need regular content ... maybe one guy a week makes a case for a horse to follow? I miss you all haha

Totally agree Kev. I like the flat and have a bet every weekend so would appreciate to hear everyone elses views. There's much more to this great sport than the Cheltenham festival.

I'll try and up my game and post more from now on.

Comment

That's harsh Kev, according to psychologytoday...

In contrast, the dreaded words "I’m not angry, I’m just disappointed" can wound us more deeply than many more heated retorts. While they assure us of a chilly calm, they do not offer the relief of forgiveness, nor the reassurance of discovering the event didn’t really matter.

There is something depersonalizing, diminishing, and deflating about receiving disappointment rather than anger from our friends
      Haha!!

But yeah I've not been contributing much to the forum since the NH season finished apart from a brief look here and there.

For me the flat holds little interest so you won't see me posting too much on that regard i'm afraid but if there's regular discussion and debate about the jumps then i'm in and i'll make more of an effort during the summer months (i just expected less demand for NH talk this time of year)

So all my suggestions and interest will be NH bias but...

A horse to follow is a good idea.I know the forum has a seperate section for them and maybe it is more me but I feel that they are rarely checked compared to the Cheltenham thread?

There's much more to this great sport than the Cheltenham festival.
      Agreed! I LOVE Cheltenham but there's so many more races to look forward to during the season and the 3 months between Nov - Jan especially are packed with massive an interesting races.

I know so much can change this far out but an early season debate at some of the races and divisions? At least the Championship races?
      Which novice hurdlers are we most excited about going chasing?

Also what we all look for in a particular race / how we approach finding the winner of the Gold Cup for example? Most people will have varying factors in what they look for and what makeup they like to see...

Comment

Kev

How about doing a thread on Fri night on the upcoming weekends racing ?
        I play most Saturdays so will always have a few selections to share, and always happy to be told where I'm going wrong.
        And of course there are always those Summer NH meetings....

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
          Totally agree Kev. I like the flat and have a bet every weekend so would appreciate to hear everyone elses views. There's much more to this great sport than the Cheltenham festival.

I'll try and up my game and post more from now on.
          Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
          Kev

How about doing a thread on Fri night on the upcoming weekends racing ?
          I play most Saturdays so will always have a few selections to share, and always happy to be told where I'm going wrong.
          And of course there are always those Summer NH meetings....
          That is at least us three that regularly have a look on a Friday at the Saturday...so I will start a thread each week and we can have our discussions in there (or maybe I'll just actually use the "weekend racing" one we already have?)

I bet differently and have a different goal week-to-week than I do at Cheltenham so I'll discuss that a little too, see if anyone else is the same?

Comment

Originally posted by jono View Post
            That's harsh Kev, according to psychologytoday...

In contrast, the dreaded words "I’m not angry, I’m just disappointed" can wound us more deeply than many more heated retorts. While they assure us of a chilly calm, they do not offer the relief of forgiveness, nor the reassurance of discovering the event didn’t really matter.

There is something depersonalizing, diminishing, and deflating about receiving disappointment rather than anger from our friends

Haha!!
            Haha - looks like it worked.

A horse to follow is a good idea.I know the forum has a seperate section for them and maybe it is more me but I feel that they are rarely checked compared to the Cheltenham thread?
            I'm not certain how to gauge the traffic, OV might know ... but if we regularly posted in the 'horses to follow' it might increase anyway?

Agreed! I LOVE Cheltenham but there's so many more races to look forward to during the season and the 3 months between Nov - Jan especially are packed with massive an interesting races.

I know so much can change this far out but an early season debate at some of the races and divisions? At least the Championship races?
            Which novice hurdlers are we most excited about going chasing?

Also what we all look for in a particular race / how we approach finding the winner of the Gold Cup for example? Most people will have varying factors in what they look for and what makeup they like to see...
            We missed the French racing too.... Shaneshill getting the better of that absolute hound L'Ami Serge!

We could also analyse race by race Cheltenham and horses to take from each, optimum conditions and whether they'll be aimed at other pots throghoput the season if Cheltenham didn't go to plan? No all horses to follow are the winners was we all know.

Comment

Kev - go with weekend threads, easier to track

And don't forget those Hexham bumpers...

Comment

I'll dip back in for Ascot and Galway but just giving my head a rest at the minute.

Comment

Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
                  Kev - go with weekend threads, easier to track

And don't forget those Hexham bumpers...
                  Will do...
                  Originally posted by mayo View Post
                  I'll dip back in for Ascot and Galway but just giving my head a rest at the minute.
                  YOu surely have a little dabble at the weekends mayo? #Mayo'sMillions

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                    We could also analyse race by race Cheltenham and horses to take from each, optimum conditions and whether they'll be aimed at other pots throghoput the season if Cheltenham didn't go to plan? No all horses to follow are the winners was we all know.
                    Like it, hopefully when I get a little bit more time i'll get a few threads up

Comment

My only views on flat racing are that Carvaggio is untouchable

And

Any decent Jumps horses dominates the 2m races when they are entered. If Arctic Fire does go for the Ascot Gold Cup it will be my largest flat race bet. Whiteout won a handicap just this past weekend by 5l with his head in his chest.

Comment

Originally posted by Hurricane fly View Post
                        My only views on flat racing are that Carvaggio is untouchable
                        Are you not worried by Harry Angel or Blue Point HF? They both look about average to me and could give Caravaggio something to think about.

Comment

Originally posted by jono View Post
                          Like it, hopefully when I get a little bit more time i'll get a few threads up
                          Stop wasting time on your wedding

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                            Are you not worried by Harry Angel or Blue Point HF? They both look about average to me and could give Caravaggio something to think about.
                            Looks a cracking race but I think those 2 will just be giving a 'lumpable' price for Caravaggio. I think this 'route' for Caravaggio will be repeated year after year now, as they're less likely to go for a guineas. I expect this to beckons a more exciting division for the next 5 year's or so

Comment

I don't like giving short prices out but the 4/5 about Winter in the Coronation could be one of the prices of the year. Nothing will touch her in that race and I see her going off a hell of a lot shorter.

Ribchester in the Queen Anne aswell - Minding out for the Summer, Galileo Gold retired, should be a matter of how far he wins by in my view. Over 3/1 double - lump on!

Comment

Working...
                              X