Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham 2020 - Forum Yankee - March

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
    I know he isn't going for the Ryanair...

but if wins the King George, do they rule out a Gold Cup?

If he doesn't wina King George, he looks a helluva lot more vulnerable than he did before he ran?

You can't make a case for a Gold Cup tilt? You cannot make a case?
    He's being aimed at the King George Ista. It's hardly a leap of faith is it.... if he wins that like the stayer we all think he is, then it surely becomes an option?
    The difference between a 3m King George at Kempton when they go a good gallop for three miles and a 3m 2f Gold Cup at Cheltenham when they get racing a very long way out is world apart in my opinion.

I think Altior wins the KG and then Henderson allows the horse his chance at history and he wins his third Champion Chase like the superstar that he is.

Edit - And the Ryanair isn’t even a question.

Comment

Originally posted by Middle_Of_March View Post
      The difference between a 3m King George at Kempton when they go a good gallop for three miles and a 3m 2f Gold Cup at Cheltenham when they get racing a very long way out is world apart in my opinion.

I think Altior wins the KG and then Henderson allows the horse his chance at history and he wins his third Champion Chase like the superstar that he is.

Edit - And the Ryanair isn’t even a question.
      It isn't 'a world' apart though is it?

A world apart would mean no horse has ever done both. Enough horses have won a King George then had a run in a Gold Cup.

Whether he wins a Gold Cup isn't even the question... it's IF he wins the King George, is it POSSIBLE then go got the Gold Cup.?

I'd say it is.

Good luck to you with your 3/1 shots in March 2019 for March 2020.

It's bonkers, you're all bonkers.

Think about what you're saying?

How short would Altior need to go off to make this bet worthwhile now?

If you are even halfway sensible you have a staking plan between 1 to 10 points.

10 pts at 3/1 isn't going to make or break a festival.

100 pts on now, too much risk on injury.

I know this is the yankee thread blah blah, but a poor value horse is poor value whether you slap it in with 3 others or not.
      Last edited by Kevloaf; 19 March 2019, 12:30 AM.

Comment

It isn't 'a world' apart though is it?

A world apart would mean no horse has ever done both. Enough horses have won a King George then had a run in a Gold Cup.

Whether he wins a Gold Cup isn't even the question... it's IF he wins the King George, is it POSSIBLE then go got the Gold Cup.?

I'd say it is.

Good luck to you with your 3/1 shots in March 2019 for March 2020.

It's bonkers, you're all bonkers.

Think about what you're saying?

How short would Altior need to go off to make this bet worthwhile now?

If you are even halfway sensible you have a staking plan between 1 to 10 points.

10 pts at 3/1 isn't going to make or break a festival.

100 pts on now, too much risk on injury.

I know this is the yankee thread blah blah, but a poor value horse is poor value whether you slap it in with 3 others or not.
        I’ve just realised the point your making here.

My shouts on the first post were just names I was throwing out there. I wasn’t suggesting any of them.

I just wanted to start the thread off with some potentially popular horses.

Comment

Originally posted by Middle_Of_March View Post
          I’ve just realised the point your making here.

My shouts on the first post were just names I was throwing out there. I wasn’t suggesting any of them.

I just wanted to start the thread off with some potentially popular horses.
          Haha fair enough....

My point is, even if Altior turns up ON THE DAY in the QMCC, at 1/2 - I still don't think it was a good bet with what we know now at 3/1.

Risk of injury, target question marks, vulnerable in his last start - are all enough to stop anyone thinking he's a good bet at 3/1.

I'd be amazed if I'm in the minority thinking 3/1 about a horse 12 months out is too short...

Comment

Haha fair enough....

My point is, even if Altior turns up ON THE DAY in the QMCC, at 1/2 - I still don't think it was a good bet with what we know now at 3/1.

Risk of injury, target question marks, vulnerable in his last start - are all enough to stop anyone thinking he's a good bet at 3/1.

I'd be amazed if I'm in the minority thinking 3/1 about a horse 12 months out is too short...
            I’d probably whack him in the occasional free bet multiple.

But no. I wouldn’t spend cash on him at 3/1. With 12 months until the race.

My only antepost bets atm would be Pic D’Orhy at 25s for any race which I’ve done and any double figure price on Klassical Dream for the Arkle.

Comment

If Altior runs in the Gold Cup I’ll give the game up

Comment

Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
                It would be bonkers imo.

He’s in search of a hat-trick in the CC. He could win the KG on the snaff by 47 lengths and he’d still go for the Champion Chase.

Question for you all... If you were pricing up Altiors Cheltenham destination next year, how would you price it. For me:
                - Champion Chase 1/14
                - Gold Cup 8/1
                - Ryanair 10/1

Comment

What a silly thing to say?

The most exciting and best horse in training attempting to win the best race we have?

Betting aside, I'd love to see it.

I already know he'd win a 3rd QMCC...

Comment

Jesus wept

Comment

There is only a tiny chance that Altior will run in the Gold Cup. He's a great champion but the breeding doesn't support it and he appears to be regressing. If he faces Cyrname at Sandown I wouldn't be confident that he'd come out on top.

He will be a 10yo next year and he's more likely to be retired than run in the blue riband.

Comment

What a silly thing to say?
                        Is that your view or fact Kev ?

A horse who will be aged 10 at the next festival who has never been a yard further than 17f in a five year career, why would connections want to put him in a brutal 3m 2.5f staying test ?

Comment

Originally posted by charlie View Post
                          Jesus wept
                          Not sure what this means/implies....

Comment

A horse who will be aged 10 at the next festival who has never been a yard further than 17f in a five year career, why would connections want to put him in a brutal 3m 2.5f staying test ?
                            It would be a crazy decision to run Altior in a gold cup at this stage of his career. It ain't happening. No chance.

Comment

If Altior was going to win the GC it was this year, he was noticeably below par this year in the QMCC, I know some are blaming Nico but he cost him no more than he gained him at the start.

I think he will smash the Melling Chase to pieces if Henderson takes him there and he surely has to if he wants a look at the King George. You are then stuck between a rock and a hard place as I doubt he stays the GC trip and would be perfect for the Ryanair but you can put a 2 time QMCC horse in the Ryanair. (I actually would but the racing world would be in hysterics)

So could he maybe front run at 2m?

Regardless he won’t be in the Yankee and that’s that!

Think Delta Work in the GC is the value for the race looking at the prices.

Comment

Silly thing to say was in reference to you saying you'd give the game up... we know that isn't true

Two facts - You've backed him to win another QMCC, he's being aimed at the King George.

Opinion - If you hadn't backed him already, you wouldn't be defending it so stubbornly that there is a CHANCE he runs in the Gold Cup.

You were equally sure Laurina would run in the Mares race this year?

I see Unibet have clipped Altior in to 16s for the Gold Cup today too (from 20s).

Also, "brutal test"? Do you want to do away with the Gold Cup? Has Altior not looked like a strong stayer? If he wins the King George like a stayer, you're bananas to dismiss the possibility of him going for a Gold Cup.

Comment

Working...
                                X