Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Stayers Hurdle 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by quevega View Post
    My wife's bought me two framed pictures of Quevega & Hurricane Fly for valentines.
    She knows who I love the most.
    Anything for my fans

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
      and is Yanworth at 33/1 NRNB too?

Went off 6/1 last year, if the 'pace of the race' didn't suit him.... maybe he's be shorter?

Entered over hurdles and fences as OV pointed out.
      It's the Rendlesham Hurdle, where he's 9/4 fav... over 3 miles.

I'm going to add the 33/1 and hope he comes in a bit. Cashout if not (hopefully)

Little risk.

Comment

• Penhill.....loves charging home up the hill. If he is within couple lengths of anyone at last, he wins

Cant believe how little chat he gets....was same last year. backed hime last 2 years and main bet again

Paisley has to prove festival form....though half field from that AB look decent....hardly a potato race!
        Fat Jockey Patron (est. Jan 2021)

Comment

• Originally posted by TigerRolllllll View Post
          Penhill.....loves charging home up the hill. If he is within couple lengths of anyone at last, he wins

Cant believe how little chat he gets....was same last year. backed hime last 2 years and main bet again

Paisley has to prove festival form....though half field from that AB look decent....hardly a potato race!
          There’s plenty in here who are with him TR, he gets little love because he’s never seen but if all is well with the horse he’ll go very close...

Comment

• Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
            There’s plenty in here who are with him TR, he gets little love because he’s never seen but if all is well with the horse he’ll go very close...
            Agree, hard to give further love for a horse that we won't see all season until it is festival time, not really much as to discuss that hasn't already in the thread on him.

He has plenty of backers (and fans) on here I can assure you of that.

Comment

• It is a shame Penhill rarely appears but his two performances at the Festival were masterclasses, he’s definitely got the X factor when he hits the Cheltenham hill

Comment

Penhill.....loves charging home up the hill. If he is within couple lengths of anyone at last, he wins

55% on the MLW thread.

As has been said, there's little else to discuss till the day. Rather boring if he wins, wouldn't be my preferred training style, but good luck to you all

Comment

• Originally posted by The King Pimm View Post
                  It is a shame Penhill rarely appears but his two performances at the Festival were masterclasses, he’s definitely got the X factor when he hits the Cheltenham hill
                  Punters may see it as a shame in the sense there are more question marks, but I don't think it's a shame at all. I have complete faith that Willie can replicate what he has done previously and get Penhill 100% primed for the big day, and he is 6/1. If he were competing on a more regular basis he would be significantly shorter, and we also don't know if that would count against him.

As impressive as Paisley Park was at Cheltenham, I don't rate the form too highly. The JLT Hurdle was a terrible race and we have seen examples of British form being overated in recent years. Unowhatimeanharry was smashed into 5/6 having beaten West Approach 2 lengths in the Cleeve Hurdle. Sam Spinner went off 9/4 after beating L'Ami Serge impressively in the Long Walk Hurdle. Both turned over at Cheltenham and as impressive as Paisley Park was, West Approach has been chasing him home last twice. Whilst Paisley Park hasn't reached his ceiling and is unexposed at the very top level, Penhill should not be 6/1 based on his Grade 1 performances over 3m where he has beat the likes of Presenting Percy, Monalee, Al Boum Photo, Identity Thief, and he is 2/2 at the festival.

Comment

Start at post 1 and work your way through ...

Comment

• Next ten days is key to decide Samcro’s target but the sea of blue on oddschecker recently suggests this will be it. Huge chance surely?

Comment

• Can’t be the only one who had the adjust themselves when gordon said he’s got a couple of ideas for him this season

Comment

• Originally posted by FaugheenTheMachine View Post
                          Next ten days is key to decide Samcro’s target but the sea of blue on oddschecker recently suggests this will be it. Huge chance surely?
                          I wouldn't say a huge chance.

He's not got any form that entitles him to be that close.

I made the point he's better than Black Op but Quevega rightly pointed out, that leaves him the bones of 10 lbs to find

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                            I wouldn't say a huge chance.

He's not got any form that entitles him to be that close.

I made the point he's better than Black Op but Quevega rightly pointed out, that leaves him the bones of 10 lbs to find
                            If he is going for this. And he may be. Why diddnt any money come for him before the mention in the RP. he was still sat at 30.0 on the exchange .
                            historically, money comes for him every time antepost. even in the lesser races. Would make me think he's a doubtful runner personally. He's not entered in the last trial. Could be one for Aintree . But we'll see.
                            Last edited by Scooby91; 12 February 2019, 03:48 PM.
                            https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                            Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hurricane fly View Post
                              Can’t be the only one who had the adjust themselves when gordon said he’s got a couple of ideas for him this season
                              Not one for me this season
                              Hopefully he returns fit and well and no issues.

Comment

• I’d love Samcro to go for this. Him and Faugheen will be smashed off the boards and hopefully push Penhill out to an even more backable price!

Comment

Working...
                                X