Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Champion Hurdle 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Melon a good enough e/w price now at 20/1 based purely on his festival form?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
      Is Melon a good enough e/w price now at 20/1 based purely on his festival form?
      Question there is which of the front 3 flop if all here thou? Can't see him in front of Apples or BVD and Laurina is anyone's guess.

Comment

• So, no.

I'd say Sharjah has better form now on the balance of their careers too?

Although too ground dependant to rely on

It isn't a race I've done a lot in so far (compared to others), some nice spots but considering making a full book now.

Comment

• Having laid Apples Jade for the Mares race I will now lay her for this race too. As I said on the Mares thread, I just can't have her around here for the very same reasons that I couldn't have her in the Mares. The price will get so short come the day that she will be my lay of the festival this year too. I don't care how far she beat Supersundae or what time she ran around Leopardstown - she jumps right, she doesn't perform to her best at Cheltenham and there's half a chance she'll go in season again. She will be a false favourite for me and I will happily take BD and Laurina against her. If someone had told you last March after she'd been trounced by Benie DD and MIDNIGHT TOUR (ffs) that she would be 7/4 fav for this years Champion Hurdle - in front of BD - you'd have just laughed at them.

Comment

So, no.

I'd say Sharjah has better form now on the balance of their careers too?

Although too ground dependant to rely on

It isn't a race I've done a lot in so far (compared to others), some nice spots but considering making a full book now.
            No. I wouldn't back melon at 20s personally. And I'm stuck with him at considerably shorter.

Happy with sharjah ew though personally.
            He's guarenteed a strongly run race and has a fine change of gear off of it. I can deffinately see him picking up the ones who go for home earlier than him. Bar buveur dair. But you never know, it's not out of the realms of all possiblity that he could pick him up too if Barry blinks too early. As he'll have a keen eye on Apple's jade and may be go for home sooner than usual.
            Last edited by Scooby91; 11 February 2019, 07:47 PM.
            https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
            Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by delsie777 View Post
              Having laid Apples Jade for the Mares race I will now lay her for this race too. As I said on the Mares thread, I just can't have her around here for the very same reasons that I couldn't have her in the Mares. The price will get so short come the day that she will be my lay of the festival this year too. I don't care how far she beat Supersundae or what time she ran around Leopardstown - she jumps right, she doesn't perform to her best at Cheltenham and there's half a chance she'll go in season again. She will be a false favourite for me and I will happily take BD and Laurina against her. If someone had told you last March after she'd been trounced by Benie DD and MIDNIGHT TOUR (ffs) that she would be 7/4 fav for this years Champion Hurdle - in front of BD - you'd have just laughed at them.
              Doesn't your last sentence accentuate why it's perfectly clear she's not the same horse as she was in the Mares race last year?

People would also laugh if you told them Buveur D'air would get beaten by Verdana Blue at Kempton...

I can see why you'd lay Apple's Jade in the Champion Hurdle... you've got lucky laying her in the Mares though IMO

Comment

Doesn't your last sentence accentuate why it's perfectly clear she's not the same horse as she was in the Mares race last year?

People would also laugh if you told them Buveur D'air would get beaten by Verdana Blue at Kempton...

I can see why you'd lay Apple's Jade in the Champion Hurdle... you've got lucky laying her in the Mares though IMO
                Hopefully we will never know kev!

Comment

Having laid Apples Jade for the Mares race I will now lay her for this race too. As I said on the Mares thread, I just can't have her around here for the very same reasons that I couldn't have her in the Mares. The price will get so short come the day that she will be my lay of the festival this year too. I don't care how far she beat Supersundae or what time she ran around Leopardstown - she jumps right, she doesn't perform to her best at Cheltenham and there's half a chance she'll go in season again. She will be a false favourite for me and I will happily take BD and Laurina against her. If someone had told you last March after she'd been trounced by Benie DD and MIDNIGHT TOUR (ffs) that she would be 7/4 fav for this years Champion Hurdle - in front of BD - you'd have just laughed at them.
                  I heard they can control that this year, unlike last year when they did not know until it was too late.. much better horse this year when not in season.. I would be happy to take your lay if your offering the right price...

Comment

• Originally posted by Sirbetalot View Post
                    I heard they can control that this year, unlike last year when they did not know until it was too late.. much better horse this year when not in season.. I would be happy to take your lay if your offering the right price...
                    They can try to control it - but nature is a strong force. And I shall be laying nearer the time when my fellow countrymen all start piling on and making her 6/4 fav. So if you think I am about to offer you 5/2 … think again, sir!

Comment

They can try to control it - but nature is a strong force. And I shall be laying nearer the time when my fellow countrymen all start piling on and making her 6/4 fav. So if you think I am about to offer you 5/2 … think again, sir!
                      lol, you just read my mind

Still you can not knock her form this year and with a 7 pound claim it will be close....

Comment

Yes! As per normal, his best run will likely come at the festival.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sirbetalot View Post
                          lol, you just read my mind

Still you can not knock her form this year and with a 7 pound claim it will be close....
                          All of her performances have had a 7lb allowance, it’s not an additional bonus

Not directed at you just grinds my gears

Comment

• Originally posted by Hurricane fly View Post
                            All of her performances have had a 7lb allowance, it’s not an additional bonus

Not directed at you just grinds my gears
                            I know, sorry I did not explain myself very well,

Even without the 7lb claim she would have hosed up in her last few races, BVD is a much better horse than she's beat so far, so the 7lb she's getting from him could decide the winner, also I think she'll win as BVD doesn't look bombproof this season, unlike the last two years..

Plus she owes me tons from the mares race last year, so Im counting on her to make things up...
                            Last edited by Sirbetalot; 12 February 2019, 05:50 AM.

Comment

100%. Snaffled that straight after DRF!

Comment

Maybe. Melon will run a decent race I have no doubt. I was sweet on Melon last year and it so nearly came off. This is a much harder race to win this year Imo. If you took the 2 Mares out id be all over Melon, but...........

Comment

Working...
                                X