Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Grand Annual 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The King Pimm View Post
    Is 150 the ceiling for the Grand Annual?
    It's an open handicap so there is no ceiling on the top ratings TKP

Comment

After the number of horse fatalities in the GA last year am right in that the BHA are limiting or not allowing any claiming jockeys to ride this year??
      Last edited by The King Pimm; 5 February 2019, 03:50 PM.

Comment

Cheers , I’m fairly inexperienced with the science of horse racing so still learning about weights & ratings etc
        Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
        It's an open handicap so there is no ceiling on the top ratings TKP

Comment

Anyone think doctor Phoenix is being plotted for this by Gordon Elliot? Has been running in some hot races this season finishing out the back and is dropping down the hcap started the season 156 now down to 148, was only 12 months ago he ran some pretty decent races in Ireland

Comment

I was wondering about Townshend for this. Ran in it last year for WM but since moved to NTD. Last 2 runs has reverted to hurdles and was entered in hurdle races this weekend. Interestingly (possibly?) had wind surgery in December. Not sure whether stated intentions are to carry on over hurdles or if might switch back to fences. NTD has won the GA previously. Just a thought at this stage.

Comment

Originally posted by Nortons who View Post
              I was wondering about Townshend for this. Ran in it last year for WM but since moved to NTD. Last 2 runs has reverted to hurdles and was entered in hurdle races this weekend. Interestingly (possibly?) had wind surgery in December. Not sure whether stated intentions are to carry on over hurdles or if might switch back to fences. NTD has won the GA previously. Just a thought at this stage.

Interesting enough.

How many does Willie let go that improve or end up being any good?

I do remember Townshend being talked up at one stage (for those connections) - must have had injury problems.

Comment

No plan yet for Townshend other than he will be entered at Kelso, Ascot and Wincanton next week, not sure of his target or even if he will go to the Festival so take NRNB

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                  Interesting enough.

How many does Willie let go that improve or end up being any good?

I do remember Townshend being talked up at one stage (for those connections) - must have had injury problems.
                  We dont think Townshend is very well treated off 140 so wont be keen on a handicap chase off that mark. He's too low for a hurdle race at the moment he will need to get racing and win to make it into a handicap hurdle, but if your thinking of backing him def NRNB.

Comment

Thanks Guys for the advice, very helpful as always. I'm usually keen on previous runners in this race (at least for e/w purposes and with NRNB).

Comment

PP have a horse called Ballywood priced up for this
                      Can’t find any info on it
                      Any clues ?

Comment

Originally posted by Liammet View Post
                        Any clues ?
                        With the jury still out as to whether the 2024 Grand National proved a success, Simon looks at how it came out on the clock, along with the rest of the Aintree Festival.

alan king horse, needs to be higher in weights i reckon

Comment

Originally posted by quevega View Post
                          https://www.attheraces.com/blogs/sectional-spotlight

alan king horse, needs to be higher in weights i reckon
                          Thanks Quevega

Is that the right link or am I missing something ?

Comment

Thanks Quevega

Is that the right link or am I missing something ?
                            sorry, cut and paste remembered wrong thing
                            Find out the latest information about Ballywood including the next race, the latest horse race odds, previous wins, owner information and loads more from At The Races.

Comment

Ballywood very young horse ,doesn't have the big field experience for something like this i would imagine far too early for him don't you feel?

Comment

Any clues ?
                                He's the one that Dynamite Dollars was a very short price against and didn't make it look particularly easy.

Bit young and inexperienced for a Grand Annual IMO

Comment

Working...
                                X