Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Champion Chase 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just spotted that BetWay have this market and he is indeed 20/1! 1/5 odds, 3 places.

Comment

• Originally posted by Viking Flagship View Post
      Just spotted that BetWay have this market and he is indeed 20/1! 1/5 odds, 3 places.
      That'd be effectively 6/4 the place...

Would you back Ordinary World at 6/4 to come in the top 4? I probably wouldn't....
      Last edited by Kevloaf; 18 February 2018, 11:08 PM.

Comment

• How do you mean Kev? Are you working on the basis that OW can’t possibly finish 2nd? If that’s where you stand then it’s probably not a bet for you! I just don’t think it’s such a foregone conclusion that Altior and Min are 1st and 2nd.

Comment

• FM - do we go in again?

God's Own gave it away by making a mistake in the Queen Mother Champion Chase last year and he will be back for another crack. He's in great form and pleasing me.
          50/1 with Boyle

Comment

• Originally posted by Viking Flagship View Post
            How do you mean Kev? Are you working on the basis that OW can’t possibly finish 2nd? If that’s where you stand then it’s probably not a bet for you! I just don’t think it’s such a foregone conclusion that Altior and Min are 1st and 2nd.
            The "real" place value for me 6/4 is... (£20 as an example)

£40 staked in total (£20 e/w) 20/1
            1/5 the odds mean the place is 4/1 (if OW places its £20 at 4/1 so return £100)

Total is £40 stake and £100 return
            That is 6/4.

I do not give OW any chance of winning, so for me, its 6/4 to place. I wouldn't lump on that.... I'd prefer the e/w bet than the place only because there is always a CHANCE he'd win... but I consider the "true" place value before I make any bets where I think the head of the market is strong.

Hope that makes sense
            Last edited by Kevloaf; 21 February 2018, 08:02 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
              The "real" place value for me 6/4 is... (£20 as an example)

£40 staked in total (£20 e/w) 20/1
              1/5 the odds mean the place is 4/1 (if OW places its £20 at 4/1 so return £100)

Total is £40 stake and £100 return
              That is 6/4.

I do not give OW any chance of winning, so for me, its 6/4 to place. I wouldn't lump on that.... I'd prefer the e/w bet than the place only because there is always a CHANCE he'd win... but I consider the "true" place value before I make any bets where I think the head of the market is strong.

Hope that makes sense
              Yep all makes sense Kev - except we were talking about the W/O market - so 2nd to Altior would constitute a win. I’d be of the opinion that 2nd to Altior is not beyond the realms of possibility for OW which means the win element of the bet is alive. This is not a bet I’ve placed at this stage but it has merited some consideration in a race in which I don’t really have a position as I feel most of the principles have lacked any sort of value for months.

Comment

• You could boost it to 2/1 if you put it on with a bookie going 1/4 the odds too!
                Last edited by Cashew King; 22 February 2018, 07:06 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cashew King View Post
                  It’s 2/1 - you’d get 20 quid stake back too!

£40 staked - £120 return, so £80 profit - viewed against your stake your profit would be like having a 2/1 winner - don’t know if that’s enough to tempt you?

You could boost it to 5/2 if you put it on with a bookie going 1/4 the odds too!
                  That 100 is correct including stake back. as is 6/4.
                  Back your own judgement
                  But imo no chance he's 2nd. And youd be hoping to scrape 4th for 6/4
                  Last edited by Scooby91; 22 February 2018, 06:53 AM.
                  https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                  Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                    That 100 is correct including stake back. as is 6/4.
                    Back your own judgement
                    But imo no chance he's 2nd. And youd be hoping to scrape 4th for 6/4
                    Too quick scooby - just out of bed!

Comment

• Douvan better than 50/50 to make Champion Chase according to Willie.

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                        Douvan better than 50/50 to make Champion Chase according to Willie.
                        Douvan running would make Wednesday the best day by far!

Comment

• I hear Great Field has been ruled out? Any confirmation?

Comment

• Originally posted by qzy View Post
                            I hear Great Field has been ruled out? Any confirmation?
                            Correct, Punchestown the aim now.

Comment

• Love this quote:

Mullins: Min is unbeaten this year, I think he’s unbeaten anyway, and goes for the same race, the Champion Chase.

Comment

• I still can’t quite believe that both Min and Douvan would race against each other if fit and firing in the days before cheltenham. I’d like to hear Ricci’s comments on that rather than Willie’s. Patrick Mullins said today that he would think it would be hard for Min to turn around the Supreme form with Altior, if they’re thinking like that then they’d surely send Min Ryanair

Comment

Working...
                                X