Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Fred Winter 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Geordieboy83 View Post
    What's people's thoughts on solo saxophone? Ran a decent race I thought the other week 25/1 NRNB
    That if Frankel had a genuine contender to win at the festival we'd all know about it already....

I would LOVE to be wrong, but with literally every single runner Frankel has had on the flat, they're priced based on reputation before they do anything.... so I'd be amazed, albeit it was a nice debut.

Comment

Originally posted by jono View Post
      Really like the Sao shout for this race Rowebot

Without wanting to derail the thread too much - Scooby & CCM - for horses you have been involved in - have they been through syndicates / part/full ownership? From the little i've heard and from the snippets you guys have posted it sounds like you need a hell of a lot of luck and patience but is it worth it even with all the fees and setbacks? One of my dreams one day to be involved with a horse(s)
      Fat Jockey Horse?

Was torn between the two..... but Act of Valour trimmed to 33/1, so 25/1 NRNB wins for me

and scooby, which horse did I mention on the other thread?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
        That if Frankel had a genuine contender to win at the festival we'd all know about it already....

I would LOVE to be wrong, but with literally every single runner Frankel has had on the flat, they're priced based on reputation before they do anything.... so I'd be amazed, albeit it was a nice debut.
        I was kind of thinking the same, I am really not into flat racing at all, but everyone knows about frankel. I own a pub in Scottish Borders and this horse has been mentioned by some of the race punters. Having said that they do love flat racing too!

Comment

Solo Saxophone beat a horse called Outcrop 4 lengths. Act of Valour beat the same horse 59 lengths. May have been reasons for that but I know who i'd rather take a punt on

Comment

Originally posted by Robbante View Post
            Solo Saxophone beat a horse called Outcrop 4 lengths. Act of Valour beat the same horse 59 lengths. May have been reasons for that but I know who i'd rather take a punt on
            Cheers Rob. Probably in short backs up my theory that the 25/1 is priced on the Sire rather than the horses ability.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
              Cheers Rob. Probably in short backs up my theory that the 25/1 is priced on the Sire rather than the horses ability.
              I've had a little nibble at Act Of Valour at 33s for this. Would seem the logical route to go, especially if Sao comes out and impresses and aims towards the triumph. Happy to take the risk Nicholls will line him up for this at those odds, and Scooby's insight into yard confidence suggests he has another big performance in him somewhere, as his effort first time out shows

Comment

This race has been kind to me over the years following Nicholls french recruits at decent prices, last year I struggled to get an angle on the race so I changed tactic and followed the pedigree of the horse which I was convinced was going to have a win at the festival in this case it was soldier of fortune.
                Which narrowed it down to 3 runners in this race and dickie on board flying tiger was a bonus. It will be interesting again to see if nick Williams has any
                Entered for this race. I do bk alot in this race so any profit does get eaten up if I manage to find the winner.

Comment

I had my first bet today for this race - Nayati 25-1 with w. Hills , saw a mention at the weekend on S'life or R.post ? .

Comment

Davy Russell said Espoir D'allen is his "most exciting" horse trhat he has seen this season... a little left-field, but if that is true, and they think a lot of Mitchouka, could he be the Fred Winter Elliott horse?

Only 14/1 NRNB but seemed an odd horse for Russell to talk up?

Comment

What do we think to Gumball in this now after dropping to 140 after the weekend?

33s NRNB on WH.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam93 View Post
                        What do we think to Gumball in this now after dropping to 140 after the weekend?

33s NRNB on WH.
                        Still too high? Most horses that place in Fred Winter are mid 130s and below from memory

Comment

Still too high? Most horses that place in Fred Winter are mid 130s and below from memory
                          I agree, would still be too high for me but wouldn't be surprised if he ends up here and could be a player. Certainly wouldn't be 30s!

Comment

I think still too high personally.
                            https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                            Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

Not sure about placed horses but the highest OR winner so far in 13 editions is last season's, Flying Tiger, off 134.

Comment

Originally posted by archie View Post
                                Not sure about placed horses but the highest OR winner so far in 13 editions is last season's, Flying Tiger, off 134.
                                Divin Bere must be one of the higher places off 139 last year

Comment

Working...
                                X