Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Triumph Hurdle 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just had a bit more on Espoir Dallen at 8/1.

Comment

• I think the winner has just improved MASSIVELY so can't take the Sussex Ranger form too seriously?

Introduced at 33s best price.... interest anyone?

Not for me, I'll be leaving this race alone now I think

Apple's Shakira 25/1
      We Have a Dream 33/1
      Stormy Island 16/1
      Gumball 27/1
      Style De Garde 33/1
      Espoir D'allen 10/1***

The bottom two available at 40/1 now, writing those off.

Hadn't checked my spreadsheet, did back Espoir D'allen at 10/1 1 pt - will add 1 pt e/w I think before he next runs at 8/1
      Last edited by Kevloaf; 12 January 2018, 02:32 PM. Reason: Espoir D'allen

Comment

• Well every juvenile run this year just points out the form of WHAD and SR.

Famous milly wacked 15 lengths by Mitchouka... Espoir d'allen beats mitchouka with a bit left.

Famous milly gets smashed by both WHAD & SR

Lizzie Kelly touting up Mercenaire as her horse to follow and best Juvenile on Chanel 4... gets smashed again by the before mentioned. No mention of Esprit and even in her post interview keen but not overly keen on him.

I have WHAD & Espoir now as standouts. But i wouldnt disregard SR... the finale ended in a sprint finish and that horse looks to be all about stamina ans high cruising speed. He would like the cheltenham hill more than WHAD. If i could get 4 places and around 12's i cant see SR out fo the frame at the moment.

Stormy Island is the unkown... the remainder of juvenile form to me seems quite open. Lets see what Apples shakira does at the end of Jan hehe

Comment

• Didn’t see that coming and interesting to see what the sectionals say as I thought nico went off too fast. I think that crabs WHAD form rather than boosts it, wasn’t too long ago that Style De Garde beat WHAD over in France. Espoir D’allen and Apples Shakira seem the two most likely at this current time

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
            Gumball seemed to be a better horse today that SDG ... but couldn't fancy either now.

Not sure it franks the Apple's Shakira form AT ALL ....... BUT, I can't have the winner being a serious contender?
            Its certainly franked that so called "no hoper" WHAD form. feeling even better about Espoir Dallen now.

Comment

• By the way Kev that devilish face wasn't aimed at you.

Comment

• Originally posted by doctorwu View Post
                Its certainly franked that so called "no hoper" WHAD form. feeling even better about Espoir Dallen now.
                Who said WHAD is a no hope?

Espoir / Apple's / WHAD look the best 3 ... obviously

Comment

By the way Kev that devilish face wasn't aimed at you.
                  Haha ah, I was confused .... thought I'd crabbed WHAD on here somewhere and had forgotten ....!

Comment

Haha ah, I was confused .... thought I'd crabbed WHAD on here somewhere and had forgotten ....!
                    No it wasn't you. Someone else did
                    did you watch Terrefort run today?? very impressive chase debut.

Comment

• "WE HAVE A DREAM was very impressive in the G1 Finale Hurdle at Chepstow and I was extremely pleased with him. He has come out of the race well and will probably have one more run, which will likely be in the Adonis Hurdle at Kempton on the 24th February. I see that he’s been backed ante-post for the Supreme but entries for that race aren’t even out yet and we have lots of shuffling of the pack to do. He’ll be given a speculative entry, as you have to cover all angles but the plan at the moment is to go for the Triumph".

Not the Adonis Nicky!

Comment

• Originally posted by Innoko View Post
                        "WE HAVE A DREAM was very impressive in the G1 Finale Hurdle at Chepstow and I was extremely pleased with him. He has come out of the race well and will probably have one more run, which will likely be in the Adonis Hurdle at Kempton on the 24th February. I see that he’s been backed ante-post for the Supreme but entries for that race aren’t even out yet and we have lots of shuffling of the pack to do. He’ll be given a speculative entry, as you have to cover all angles but the plan at the moment is to go for the Triumph".

Not the Adonis Nicky!
                        I rememebr watching BELTOR win the Adonis and being absolutely blown away. Couldn't see how he'd be out of the frame. Unfortunately he finished 7th and Hendo filled the entire frame haha

Comment

No it wasn't you. Someone else did
                          did you watch Terrefort run today?? very impressive chase debut.

Should be aiming him at the JLT imo

Comment

• Redicean won easily there but not slick enough over the obstacles... wouldn't back unless I saw him jump better next time out.

Comment

Redicean won easily there but not slick enough over the obstacles... wouldn't back unless I saw him jump better next time out.
                              He's got some engine mind you! Really taking how he cleared away from the second last.

Comment

• Shame he's trained by Alan King...

Comment

Working...
                                X