Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Coral Cup 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Robbante View Post
    Also there’s a stat that the last 11 winners of the county were rated in the 130s I think. Ivanovich gorbatov currently 147 so I’d say coral Cup is the one
    Arctic Fire last year?

Comment

Originally posted by Innoko View Post
      Arctic Fire last year?
      Before that! 11 out of previous 11. Read someone as well that Joseph doubted he still had the pace for 2m

Comment

Triumph hurdle winners usually end up running over further, Tiger Roll an extreme example. iG couldn't win the county last season and there didn't appear to be any excuses so I'd be surprised if this wasn't the target.

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
          Triumph hurdle winners usually end up running over further, Tiger Roll an extreme example. iG couldn't win the county last season and there didn't appear to be any excuses so I'd be surprised if this wasn't the target.
          I think I'll risk this as the target then.

I wouldn't end up fancying him over 2m anyway so not that hard. "Cash out"

365 have changed my life haha

Comment

Barters hill is on a serious mark if he came back anything like he was of 142. I really don't think he wants 3 miles at all.
            He's got 2 entries at the weekend. Will be interesting if he runs because must be a tempter to go straight there. His form short of 3 miles is impressive.
            https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
            Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
              Barters hill is on a serious mark if he came back anything like he was of 142. I really don't think he wants 3 miles at all.
              He's got 2 entries at the weekend. Will be interesting if he runs because must be a tempter to go straight there. His form short of 3 miles is impressive.
              Pauling’s stated a couple of times that it’s stayers hurdle or nothing, that if he hasn’t retained all his ability that they’re not keep going with him. So I imagine if he impresses they’ll go that route, if he doesn’t he’ll be retired. Struggling to get much of a read on this race

Comment

Given Nicholls isn’t really firing at the moment topofthegame’s performance in the lanzarote was worth noting. 2m 5 around cheltenham should be ideal... not in the betting atm though and not sure if this is the plan

Comment

Pauling’s stated a couple of times that it’s stayers hurdle or nothing, that if he hasn’t retained all his ability that they’re not keep going with him. So I imagine if he impresses they’ll go that route, if he doesn’t he’ll be retired. Struggling to get much of a read on this race
                  Don't always believe what you hear. He's a better horse over shorter. 142 is ridiculous

Comment

Barters Hill @ 16/1 NRNB is one of the few pieces of true value that I see that’s left. He was 20/1 before NRNB and I’d ageee with Scooby that he is better over 2.5 than 3. I’d see him as an aintree hurdle winner aswell
                    Last edited by Hurricane fly; 17 January 2018, 02:39 AM.

Comment

I’m another who thinks Barters Hill is better over 2 and a half than the 3m trip.

He was absolutely out on his feet in the Albert Bartlett over 3m and I can see something outstaying him in the Stayers.

Comment

It'll be some training performance to get BH back to the level he was at before that injury.

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                          It'll be some training performance to get BH back to the level he was at before that injury.
                          Certainly would be
                          But One positive is that he wouldn't have to be of 142.
                          His form under 3 is impressive stuff he gets ridden briefly and draws away in a simular style to altior. He's beaten some nice types. What his mark would have been if he stayed over the intermediate trip is Anyone s guess but I personally think it would be considerably higher.

Comment

Given Nicholls isn’t really firing at the moment topofthegame’s performance in the lanzarote was worth noting. 2m 5 around cheltenham should be ideal... not in the betting atm though and not sure if this is the plan
                            Watch the ride STD gave him? He almost stopped him at the last and then ran on well. Not sure if intended or just the usual STD

Comment

Originally posted by doctorwu View Post
                              Watch the ride STD gave him? He almost stopped him at the last and then ran on well. Not sure if intended or just the usual STD
                              Certainly the one to take out of the race for me. All Nicholls horses have had their flu jabs this month and as usual it’s coincided with very few winners.. so you can possibly upgrade the performance a little. Not sure what STD was up to (never am) but TOTG on a lovely mark for this now. Have only read since Nicholls saying that he’ll be a lovely chaser next year (so I can rip up my RSA bet for this year)

Comment

Certainly the one to take out of the race for me. All Nicholls horses have had their flu jabs this month and as usual it’s coincided with very few winners.. so you can possibly upgrade the performance a little. Not sure what STD was up to (never am) but TOTG on a lovely mark for this now. Have only read since Nicholls saying that he’ll be a lovely chaser next year (so I can rip up my RSA bet for this year)
                                Rob,
                                You should have ripped it up before that news

Comment

Working...
                                X