Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham 2021 - Ante Post Bets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by somer1 View Post
    So Envoi is now Mister Ed

he's that good.

Comment

• Im backing envoi in both, hell win the rsa then win the marsh on thursday n’all

Comment

• Envoi Allen owner said Churdle when everyone knew it was Ballymore all along. Maybe they want doubt for a price on the Marsh.

Comment

• Originally posted by germanshepherd View Post
          Envoi Allen owner said Churdle when everyone knew it was Ballymore all along. Maybe they want doubt for a price on the Marsh.
          If I was Gordon I would publicly come and say the horse is going for the RSA, wait for the bookies to push him to a half decent price in the Marsh, then lump on the marsh (with half the stable) then say I had a last-minute change of heart we're going to the Marsh lads! I have no integrity. He probably doesn't either

Comment

• Originally posted by aalowe9 View Post
            come on people, he's going RSA, its obvious. It's the race that suits their plans for him the most, every single comment from anyone connected to the horse has backed this up. i dont know why people are fighting this, other than the fact he's shorter in the market for the Marsh, thats the only reason i can see for thinking he wouldnt go RSA
            It’s not obvious at all Mr Lowe.

I think we all are aware that Cheveley Park spent in excess of £400,000 with a view to Envoi A being a potential Gold Cup horse in his prime. That doesn’t mean for sure he’ll be campaigned for an RSA.

Envoi A’s caveat that is the alluring ‘fly in the ointment’ is that he has a pretty devastating turn of foot, as was shown with 2 furlongs out in the Ballymore earlier this year. Out of all the fancied horses in the build up to that race, he was the only one being discussed as potentially going for the Supreme, and even a Champion Hurdle.

That caveat he has in abundance is the sticking point now for us punters (and close connections, no doubt) in determining where he go’s in just under 6 months time.

Two very renowned racing analysts were asked on the eve of this year’s festival (literally the day before) to name 3 winners of the festival in 2021 (without any prior knowledge of how any results would pan out over the 2020 festival). Envoi Allen for the Marsh and Shishkin for the Arkle (a very confident “Shishkin for the Arkle” too) were the replies. The analyst was asked about Envoi A “not for the RSA then?” - the recipient paused very briefly and replied “......no, I would have thought Marsh”.

Those two horses and targets were put forward the day before this years festival and 24 and 48 hrs before both those horses victored.

Out of curiosity, Bob Olinger was the 3rd horse mentioned for 2021.

So, with all known evidence, it’s impossible to know where Envoi might go. The only evidence we know so far is in the markets. And there’s lots of evidence there.

The 8/1 readily available in the RSA currently is a HUGE price.

That’s our little quandary.

And that is up to each and everyone of us to decide how to utilise that potential bargain of a price. But might be worth nothing at all.
            Last edited by EnvoyAllen; 25 September 2020, 08:18 AM.

Comment

• There could be some gruelling 3m races this year if all the top novices go that route don’t think I’d want that if envoi was mine

Comment

• One Jump Ahead just landed on the doorstep!

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                  One Jump Ahead just landed on the doorstep!
                  Decent. Out of curiosity if you had to choose between Mark Howard's book and Paul Ferguson's who's would you go for?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardy Eustace View Post
                    Decent. Out of curiosity if you had to choose between Mark Howard's book and Paul Ferguson's who's would you go for?
                    Mark Howard every time for me. I do like the Jamie Codd contribution in Paul Fergusons book though but apart from that Marks for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardy Eustace View Post
                      OJA - it's not even close, imo.

Comment

• If these publications are landing expect plenty of price movement in the market...

Comment

• Hopefully get mine in a couple of days then

Do enjoy having a book to read for racing. This forum is obviously an absolute goldmine for antepost punting, but having a book to sift through is just something different I suppose......probably the only books I’ve read since uni

Comment

• We won't know which race he'll run in until a few days before, if of course he does ok up until then. Another heavy downpour when Gordon was walking the course last season and he probably would have switched to the Supreme. The Marsh is on the Thursday and if its a warm week then the ground will dry out quickly. They'll not risk him on quicker ground so the RSA would then be their choice. If it was wet before and during festival then Marsh would be favourite. We simply won't know until very near the time which doesn't help betting wise. His TWAR price is desperately short but in view of the above imo it's the smartest way to play it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobos View Post
                              We won't know which race he'll run in until a few days before, if of course he does ok up until then. Another heavy downpour when Gordon was walking the course last season and he probably would have switched to the Supreme. The Marsh is on the Thursday and if its a warm week then the ground will dry out quickly. They'll not risk him on quicker ground so the RSA would then be their choice. If it was wet before and during festival then Marsh would be favourite. We simply won't know until very near the time which doesn't help betting wise. His TWAR price is desperately short but in view of the above imo it's the smartest way to play it.
                              Out of interest is there any situation in which you wouldn't advise TWAR?

Comment

• Originally posted by aalowe9 View Post
                                Out of interest is there any situation in which you wouldn't advise TWAR?
                                Careful!!!........ Epatante, Al Boum Photo, Billaway, Sure Du Berlais, Chosen Mate, Saint Roi, Thyme Hill, Allaho, Princess Zoe, Shattered Love, Thomas Darby, Aione, Allart and Darver Star. That's it I think. Every other horse TWAR.

Comment

Working...
                                X