Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltz Fest 2021 Behind Closed Doors ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Politics is even more divisive than exchanging racing thoughts, probably time to get this thread back to the latter...

Comment

• This says it all.
      End the chat now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
        Wasn’t the Labour membership infiltrated by about half a million
        Tory voters to ensure Corbyn kept getting re-elected ?
        Genius move if true...
        I know a Tory member who signed up for Labour for this very reason. He voted Cobryn in the labour membership vote and it worked. JC was known as being unelectable

Comment

• As brutal as The Festival behind closed doors would be, making peace with that now is vastly preferable IMO to experiencing the 'will it won't it' that we had the week before Cheltenham this year.

Comment

• I agree with that Charlie ., As Long as the Festival go's ahead .
            And it's on T.V , Better than no festival at all.
            If it mean's i don't get to go next year , so be it. Sooner we have a .
            Bloody vaccine , the Better .

Comment

• Originally posted by charlie View Post
              As brutal as The Festival behind closed doors would be, making peace with that now is vastly preferable IMO to experiencing the 'will it won't it' that we had the week before Cheltenham this year.
              Yep, that's where I am. I've made peace with the idea it's likely there'll either be no crowd, or it'll be at levels that rule out non-members like myself. I'm as confident as you can be that the racing itself will go ahead, based on what we've seen throughout this 'situation' so far. As others say, racing going ahead is the main thing, we'll have a laugh one way or another but no racing is beyond a sickener to comprehend.
              Anything else i'm seeing as a bonus. Hotels booked with free cancellation, ticket money ready to be parted with at a moments notice!

I still chuckle thinking about last year. I've seen queues for all sorts in life, but i've never seen 3 deep queues of men at sinks waiting to wash their hands!

Comment

• Blow for Irish tracks as cap of 500 spectators for next 6 months.
                I can see more Irish owners selling up or sending horses over here. Not good news for the sport at all. Hopefully things will change as Covid becomes more acceptable/manageable.

Comment

• Buying a membership tonight. Only way I'll get in I fear. £530 is not what I banked on but I can't miss the Fez week especially after the year we've had.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobos View Post
                    Buying a membership tonight. Only way I'll get in I fear. £530 is not what I banked on but I can't miss the Fez week especially after the year we've had.
                    Unfortunately I think your probably right, just had an email for October meeting saying annual membership is one of the best ways to ensure you have priority entry, should restrictions still be in place.

You have to think there will be more members then admissions allowed, specially this year. Any tickets on general sale seem unlikely. Hopefully the situation gets better next year for March.

Comment

• Originally posted by Willdunn99 View Post
                      Unfortunately I think your probably right, just had an email for October meeting saying annual membership is one of the best ways to ensure you have priority entry, should restrictions still be in place.

You have to think there will be more members then admissions allowed, specially this year. Any tickets on general sale seem unlikely. Hopefully the situation gets better next year for March.
                      I'm thinking possibly 20k max attendance. Likely to be a big buy up of memberships now so let's say 10k members. The remaining 10k will most likely go to Hospitality and Corporate leaving nothing on general sale. That's how I see it anyway. I think everyone who has a membership will be able to go should they want to.

Comment

• I read earlier , that Warwick will be restricted to 500 people.
                        To be made up of Members , Hospitality , trainers / owners.
                        Probably no chance of any general public ticket sales.
                        Probably sounds a bit negative , but this is how i would see.
                        most of the near future meetings , with a limited capacity.
                        I was hoping to go to Newbury for the Ladbrokes Trophy.
                        But , pretty sure , it won't happen now.( for me ).

Comment

• Huge week for racing with the Warwick and Newmarket pilots taking place.
                          Racing has proved it can take place safely with restricted numbers, if these events pass without incident it strengthens the case for racegoers to be allowed back albeit in lower numbers.
                          France continues to allow 5000 into racecourses and sports stadiums I'm struggling to find a reason why we can't get 1000 into a several acres of outdoor space when pubs, restaurants and public transport, all indoor environments, continue to operate with far less attention to social distancing....

Comment

• Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
                            Huge week for racing with the Warwick and Newmarket pilots taking place.
                            Racing has proved it can take place safely with restricted numbers, if these events pass without incident it strengthens the case for racegoers to be allowed back albeit in lower numbers.
                            France continues to allow 5000 into racecourses and sports stadiums I'm struggling to find a reason why we can't get 1000 into a several acres of outdoor space when pubs, restaurants and public transport, all indoor environments, continue to operate with far less attention to social distancing....
                            I think the problem with having 5000 at racecourses, is the on-course bars being open.
                            If they were shut for alcohol, and have breath tests on the turnstiles, then I think the chances of football, racing etc getting larger crowds would go up dramatically.

The brits overall have proved incapable of handling alcohol in a pandemic - it’s embarrassing that we have so many tossers in our population, who only care about themselves.
                            Last edited by Saxon Warrior; 20 September 2020, 04:26 PM.
                            "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

• Originally posted by Saxon Warrior View Post
                              I think the problem with having 5000 at racecourses, is the on-course bars being open.
                              If they were shut for alcohol, and have breath tests on the turnstiles, then I think the chances of football, racing etc getting larger crowds would go up dramatically.

The brits overall have proved incapable of handling alcohol in a pandemic - it’s embarrassing that we have so many tossers in our population, who only care about themselves.
                              I hope so, alcohol at racecourses in a personal bugbear of mine, I hate the crowd it attracts, I hate the atmosphere it creates, I hate the stands being full of people who don't give a shit about racing. I've always thought the big racecourses could do with a separate no-alcohol stand/enclosure

Comment

• Originally posted by aalowe9 View Post
                                I hope so, alcohol at racecourses in a personal bugbear of mine, I hate the crowd it attracts, I hate the atmosphere it creates, I hate the stands being full of people who don't give a shit about racing. I've always thought the big racecourses could do with a separate no-alcohol stand/enclosure
                                I also know I'm in the minority thinking this

Comment

Working...
                                X