Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Mares Hurdle 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ratings only matter in handicaps. Everywhere else it's just another punting tool.

For what it's worth, I can see a case for Benie being 160 based on her performance against Bapaume. Likewise, although I think that Honeysuckle is a very good mare who could be well up to the high 150s, I don't think that there's anything in her actual form that entitles her to be on 150 just yet.

Comment

Originally posted by archie View Post
      I didn't know that you were in her, Jack, or I'd have let you answer for yourself. Very pleased for her and for all you lads that stuck by her.
      No worries Archie, i didn't mind you answering at all! Thanks, she is the first horse i've ever been involved in and has given me some great fun!

Comment

Originally posted by billymag View Post
        Those three rated rated 157, 159, 150, would have to be a terrible Champion Hurdle to look worse than that.
        Got to add 7 for mares allowance.....so actually look ok
        Fat Jockey Patron (est. Jan 2021)

Comment

Last year had two mares in the Champion hurdle rated 157 and 166 plus horses rated 165 162 165 172 and it felt like a pretty average renewal at best even with those running, maybe the winner might of gone on to greatness but sadly we will never know. Three decent mares racing against each other coz the rest all have no chance, not for me, and personally I think they should never of created the mares race, we never got to see what Quevega could of achieved and Annie Power could of been a two time champion. But we are all different all equal. I accept that those ratings are decent for the mares but cant accept it would be better than the champ hurdle personally

Comment

Last year had two mares in the Champion hurdle rated 157 and 166 plus horses rated 165 162 165 172 and it felt like a pretty average renewal at best even with those running, maybe the winner might of gone on to greatness but sadly we will never know. Three decent mares racing against each other coz the rest all have no chance, not for me, and personally I think they should never of created the mares race, we never got to see what Quevega could of achieved and Annie Power could of been a two time champion. But we are all different all equal. I accept that those ratings are decent for the mares but cant accept it would be better than the champ hurdle personally
            On paper beforehand it looked a cracking renewal of the CH last year.

All credit to the winner, he was brilliant.

just a shame BD fell with sharjah brought down, and apples diddn't bring her earlier form.
            https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
            Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

I thought it was well above average last year myself. Certainly better than the previous three or four years.
              Just panned out really bad and then we lose the winner.

Comment

Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                On paper beforehand it looked a cracking renewal of the CH last year.

All credit to the winner, he was brilliant.

just a shame BD fell with sharjah brought down, and apples diddn't bring her earlier form.
                Plus Laurina didn't show her true form. The race was very Fraught.

Comment

Last year had two mares in the Champion hurdle rated 157 and 166 plus horses rated 165 162 165 172 and it felt like a pretty average renewal at best even with those running, maybe the winner might of gone on to greatness but sadly we will never know.

Average renewal? Blimey you’re hard to please. Beforehand, 99% of us would’ve thought it was one of the best champion hurdles in years.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobos View Post
                    Plus Laurina didn't show her true form. The race was very Fraught.
                    Did she not?
                    She'd never ran in a proper race, nevermind a champion hurdle at a frenetic gallop. The only way you'll tell is if they stick her in it again. Instead of Micky mouse mares races which she'd win in the lead up with no bother.
                    https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                    Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

Originally posted by Middle_Of_March View Post
                      Average renewal? Blimey you’re hard to please. Beforehand, 99% of us would’ve thought it was one of the best champion hurdles in years.
                      Thats what im told lol

Comment

Stormy Ireland - 28/1 available.

She's not going to be the Mullins first string.

She's not going to be going chasing (probably).

She's not going to be going for the Stayers Hurdle (probably).

She has placed in this race (2L behind Roksana 8/1)

She's probably got to prove she's better than the novice hurdles last year and she's probably not better than Honeysuckle

...but she is probably going to go off half the price and be an each way bet on the day

I can't believe I almost backed that then.

Comment

Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                          Did she not?
                          She'd never ran in a proper race, nevermind a champion hurdle at a frenetic gallop. The only way you'll tell is if they stick her in it again. Instead of Micky mouse mares races which she'd win in the lead up with no bother.
                          She'll never run in Churdle again. She looks a proper chaser.

Comment

She'll never run in Churdle again. She looks a proper chaser.
                            I think the owner said he wanted her to be tried again over hurdles this year

Comment

Originally posted by jack1092 View Post
                              I think the owner said he wanted her to be tried again over hurdles this year
                              I've not seen that. They had their way last year. Can't imagine Mullins letting them have their way again and you know he'll win that argument.

Comment

I've not seen that. They had their way last year. Can't imagine Mullins letting them have their way again and you know he'll win that argument.
                                ok. To be fair, this is a new owner who is known to want full control from previous fallouts. Also, as much as mullins said shes a chaser in the making, he's a tendency of keeping them over hurdles at Cheltenham anyway.

Comment

Working...
                                X