Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Ballymore Novice Hurdle 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know we don’t know much about him but got Jon snow added with 365 at 25/1....would that be enough to interest anyone?

If both him and fly smart were to be split up do we think Jon snow would come here maybe. Was considered for the triumph and horses from that race tend to go up in trip albeit he didn’t actually take part in the race.

Comment

Originally posted by sprintersacren View Post
      I know we don’t know much about him but got Jon snow added with 365 at 25/1....would that be enough to interest anyone?

If both him and fly smart were to be split up do we think Jon snow would come here maybe. Was considered for the triumph and horses from that race tend to go up in trip albeit he didn’t actually take part in the race.
      Hes 20/1 with hills any race, for those that cant bet with 365

Comment

Chantry House 'could' go straight over fences, according to NH, for anyone that has or is thinking about backing him.

Could leave the door open for Shiskin from the yard, probably a couple of others too.

Comment

Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
          Chantry House 'could' go straight over fences, according to NH, for anyone that has or is thinking about backing him.

Could leave the door open for Shiskin from the yard, probably a couple of others too.
          Yeah that’s a little worrying for ante post bets. Even if he does go hurdling this season it could be just for experience and then next year is the real focus. Given the fact he got pulled from a lot of entries last season, I don’t think they’ll risk him good ground either.

Comment

I have to confess to taking a bit of the 33's about Thyme Hill for the Ballymore immediately after the race.

Its all about building a book for me, and think that was a very nice debut from him to add to his very decent Bumper and course form.

Comment

Envoi Allen but by Paddys to 6s for this now

Comment

Originally posted by Thistlecrack View Post
                Envoi Allen but by Paddys to 6s for this now
                That is extremely short but they obviously know what they're doing. The shame is that all the rest will follow like sheep. When he clearly shouldn't be that general price, they're just choosing to duck him.
                https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                  That is extremely short but they obviously know what they're doing. The shame is that all the rest will follow like sheep. When he clearly shouldn't be that general price, they're just choosing to duck him.
                  I agree as good as he may potentially be has hasnt jumped a hurdle in public as of yet maybe thyme hill winning has something to do with it but its just a crazy price weve all seen novices targets changed mid season last year commander of fleet was starting off at two mile and ending up in the albert barlett

Comment

I wouldnt imagine the 10s with 365 will last very long now

Comment

Adding Andy Dufresene for this and going to split my stakes between Bet365 at 20/1 with the cashout and 28/1 with Hills with the boost to be a little bit greedy.

At this stage Id hope Blue Sari will be JP's Supreme horse (who I'm happy to leave alone) and this fella his Ballymore horse... he is by the same sire as Battleoverdoyen.

Comment

Originally posted by Thistlecrack View Post
                        I wouldnt imagine the 10s with 365 will last very long now
                        You imagine'd right Thistlecrack!

Comment

This is by far the deepest looking novice contest of the festival for me! So many potential contenders to the crown.

Have backed Envoi Allen but Dlauro, Eden De Houx, Thyme Hill, Longhouse Poet, Chantry House, King Roland, Blackbow, Monkfish & as CCM alluded to Andy Dufresne all have excellent claims!
                          Last edited by SeanRock; 18 October 2019, 09:28 PM.

Comment

Agreed SeanRock, it would be difficult to have a strong opinion on this race at the moment. There’s loads of potentially classy novice hurdlers for the Ballymore. The next month should bring most of them to the racecourses for their hurdles debuts and we can assess their ability to hurdle at speed.
                            "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

Originally posted by Hamptonfox View Post
                              Agreed SeanRock, it would be difficult to have a strong opinion on this race at the moment. There’s loads of potentially classy novice hurdlers for the Ballymore. The next month should bring most of them to the racecourses for their hurdles debuts and we can assess their ability to hurdle at speed.
                              But that defeats the object of AP in my view. By the time everything had run, the AP horse would have bolted. Think you should just go with your gut and get a huge price now. That's what AP betting is all about yeah? Maybe I'm talking through my Friday night beer goggles but that's what I'm all about.

Comment

Originally posted by SeanRock View Post
                                This is by far the deepest looking novice contest of the festival for me! So many potential contenders to the crown.

Have backed Envoi Allen but Dlauro, Eden De Houx, Thyme Hill, Longhouse Poet, Chantry House, King Roland, Blackbow, Monkfish & as CCM alluded to Andy Dufresne all have excellent claims!
                                Whilst I agree that it’s potentially a very deep race on paper, I do believe they think Envoi Allen is a bit special. If he can jump, he’s going to take some beating.

Take the price before he goes 7/2 favourite when hacking up on his debut in a few weeks.

Comment

Working...
                                X