Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Main FJ festival yankee - owner charlie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
    I'd be keen to avoid COC at the current prices though.

Both Josies Orders and Tiger Roll will be no pushovers, there are other dangers too, but just to go over it again:

COC - Course form - 3rd, 7th, 2nd, 1st, 1st, 5th, 1st
    Festival form - 7th, 2nd, 1st, 1st, 1st
    Cross Country - 5th, 1st

JO - Course form - 22nd, 1st, 1st, 1st, 3rd
    Festival form - 22nd, 1st
    Cross Country - U, 1st, 1st, 1st, 1st, 3rd, 2nd

Tiger Roll - Course form - 1st, 1st, 13th, 3rd, 1st, 5th
    Festival form - 1st, 13th, 1st
    Cross Country - 5th

I am unsure what sort of stats there are for runs between races for this particular race but Tiger Roll is coming back off a layoff of 90+ days, and personally, although I suspect him to run a fair race, do feel this could be more a GN prep over anything else.

I stated somewhere very early on last year that I would split stakes between COC & JO, and tbh that is still how I see this race.
    On a line through Auvergnat you can't see JO and COC as equals? Plus Josies Orders "festival 1st" was actually a 2nd?
    They'd be my negatives for him albeit I don't disagree with what you're saying overall.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
      On a line through Auvergnat you can't see JO and COC as equals? Plus Josies Orders "festival 1st" was actually a 2nd?
      They'd be my negatives for him albeit I don't disagree with what you're saying overall.
      I see JO as COC biggest danger is what I am saying Kev, that said, it probably isn't rocket science given the market prices! Unsure about Tiger Roll though.

Think the money for JO last couple of weeks was reminiscent of the money that came for COC last season for this race. It wouldn't surprise me if JO beat COC, but I, personally, am still very much behind COC as my number 1 for this race.

Comment

Originally posted by loveracing View Post
        Is it worth having an ew and a win yankee here because there will be more selections available and prices may vary?
        Good question. Lets see what people on the forum think

Comment

Personally I wouldn't be using Auvergnat as a yardstick, rarely completes a XC race without either hitting the deck or making mistake(s) that could see his part company with his pilot, when he puts it all together he's a serious player in this sphere but he's probably only every done that twice so reading form literally may not stack up...

Comment

Originally posted by charlie View Post
            He has loads of supporters doesn't he. Going off the XC thread:

Kevloaf
            Vautour
            Star Of A Gunner
            ryanh97
            CauseofCauses (shocker)
            KingSprinterSacre
            FaugheenTheMachine
            Garrison Savannah
            Rhinestone_Cowboy
            ComplyOrDie
            Faugheen_Machine
            Leman14
            donka
            MTR
            Istabraq
            Geordieboy83
            Robbante
            Ahem...I think you'll find a certain post by me on the 19th March 2017 on p3 of the antepost 2018 bets stating this...

Originally posted by jono View Post
            Cause of Causes - Cross Country - 10/1

Completely got him wrong this race. 'Only 9' which compared to others in the division is young / on par. Josies Orders was my best fancy of the festival last year before getting injured but at the same age, with injury to comeback from i'm wary of his chances at least for now and there's a 0% reason why you'd back JO until next Winter before the Cross Country races kick in. Auvergnant the other for Bolger will improve being young for this sphere but I see nothing from this years race to be able to beat CoC again. Can see Elliott keeping him to these races for the next 2-3 years alongside nationals. Don't see any other race they'd go for at the festival and his festival record is ridiculous. Josies Orders was 4/1 after last years race. Big price for me...
            Before all you lot jumped on the bandwagon...

Comment

I pride myself as a wagon jumper of the highest order...haha!! And on that note I'd like put forward the following for this:

Elegant Escape in the 4 miler or the RSA
              Calet Mad in the Pertempts
              The Storyteller JLT

Comment

Originally posted by jono View Post
                Ahem...I think you'll find a certain post by me on the 19th March 2017 on p3 of the antepost 2018 bets stating this...

Before all you lot jumped on the bandwagon...
                Jono is now captain of the FJ COC fan club!

Comment

Jono is now captain of the FJ COC fan club!
                  I heard a rumour he was crying about being left out.

Hahaha Rhinestone that made me laugh a lot. Top selections, well done jono, billy and scooby for those

Comment

I heard a rumour he was crying about being left out.

Hahaha Rhinestone that made me laugh a lot. Top selections, well done jono, billy and scooby for those
                    Kev, nothing personal for not including any members of the 'Kevloaf trixie' (BVD, CoC & OD) just don't like backing horses when the prices have been cut significantly and I'm already on

Comment

Originally posted by Rhinestone_Cowboy View Post
                      Kev, nothing personal for not including any members of the 'Kevloaf trixie' (BVD, CoC & OD) just don't like backing horses when the prices have been cut significantly and I'm already on
                      I didn't take it personally, genuinly found it funny, not in a sarcastic way!

I'm on the same bandwagons .... I reckon I am king wagon jumper.... you'd do well to find a horse that I haven't backed

Comment

That'd be a life changing amount.:o

Comment

I didn't take it personally, genuinly found it funny, not in a sarcastic way!

I'm on the same bandwagons .... I reckon I am king wagon jumper.... you'd do well to find a horse that I haven't backed
                          haha... realise my comment sounded more serious than was intended - should have used more emojis (where is the winky face??) as I was chuckling as I was typing. Have been conservative with my multi's (so won't be life changing) but if the Kevloaf trixie was to land I'm sure it will be my biggest return of the week by some distance, and so will definitely owe you half a pint of something . Just looking through my early AP bets I notice I also put the Kevloaf trixie with Arsenal to win the Premier League... what a waste of wagon jumping that was!

Comment

haha... realise my comment sounded more serious than was intended - should have used more emojis (where is the winky face??) as I was chuckling as I was typing. Have been conservative with my multi's (so won't be life changing) but if the Kevloaf trixie was to land I'm sure it will be my biggest return of the week by some distance, and so will definitely owe you half a pint of something . Just looking through my early AP bets I notice I also put the Kevloaf trixie with Arsenal to win the Premier League... what a waste of wagon jumping that was!
                            Arsenal?!

You'd have needed Brave Inca, Well Chief, Hardy Eustace and Best Mate running for you last time they were a decent bet

Comment

I pride myself as a wagon jumper of the highest order...haha!! And on that note I'd like put forward the following for this:

Elegant Escape in the 4 miler or the RSA
                              Calet Mad in the Pertempts
                              The Storyteller JLT
                              Thanks Rhinestone. EE seems popular on other threads. Do we know if he is going 4 miler yet?

Comment

Thanks Rhinestone. EE seems popular on other threads. Do we know if he is going 4 miler yet?
                                No we don't, still very much in the balance, I have it down as 70% RSA 30% 4 miler, there's a few of us following this so it will soon be posted on here once it is known or strongly indicated. The original fancy of Jono's that many of us latched onto was for the 4 miler, I know many are less enthused about his chances in the RSA, although it would likely mean twice the price.

Comment

Working...
                                X