Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Thursday FJ yankee - owner Middle_of_March

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by charlie View Post
    Waiting Patiently for the Ryanair
    An unlikely runner surely

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
      JLT
      WIlloughby Court is really solid as a decent priced fav IMO. I think it is very fair to say that whatever passes him after the last would have the race won. I know it is hurdles, and cases and points have been made in more more detail in that thread, but I genuinly believe the ability to hold off Neon Wolf last season means we could be confident he won't get headed.
      I appreciate he was beaten by Yanworth, but Pauling was in terrible form and they didn't run WC from the front...

I almost can't believe I am saying it, but if Finian's Oscar wasn't already a huge chunk of potential for me I'd consider him too big a price on his actual talent. He deserves to be shorter than Benetar on their running, and would have been in the mix in that WC, NW Neptune looking at his run at Aintree

Or Al Boum Photo would be my pick however if on Sunday we knew he was coming here I imagine his price would have collapsed.
      I would like to throw my weight behind Willougby Court. I've been a big fan ever since that Neptune run and I think there are fair excuses for the losing run.

Comment

Any more on this lads?

Not a lot of chat on the Thursday races on the forum and it’s surely the hardest day.

Comment

Originally posted by Middle_Of_March View Post
          Any more on this lads?

Not a lot of chat on the Thursday races on the forum and it’s surely the hardest day.
          Laurina as the cert, if you wanted one ;-)

Personally I feel at this current time that the Pertemps, Ryanair and Stayers are the hardest races to work out, or be that confident about at the very least IMO, so that leaves the JLT, the Plate, Mares' Novice & Kim Muir.

The Plate is obviously a tough race too, but I am confident Romain De Senam is overpriced, and is the better bet but that is only my opinion, I think there will be plenty of other good cases made for other runners too, most notably the current favourite, Tully East.

The JLT I can't be having Willoughby Court at the current price, but do think Finian's Oscar is now overpriced, and Invitation Only / Al Boum Photo, whichever one turns up will likely be the bet too.

Kim Muir, some good cases made for 2 or 3 on the thread, Squouateur, Mall Dini & Pendra would be likely bets, jockeys will be the better ones too for the 3 mentioned.

I have mentioned 2 or 3 for the Pertemps previously, but in all honesty I still have a real list of 7 or 8 so quite impossible to put one or two forward as strong fancies just yet, although I did originally put my 'stronger' fancies up in a earlier post.

Ryanair & Stayers I have barely touched, so no real views on these 2 races.

Comment

Any more on this lads?

Have you got a short list yet Middle, just so we could narrow down a few races?? I agree Thursday & Friday are the hardest days to pick..

Comment

The storyteller brown advisory plate. He's simply better than the horses a the top of the market
              https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
              Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

My Thursday Yankee if I was doing one at the moment would be

Willoughby Court(JLT)
                Fox Norton (Ryanair)
                De Plotting Shed (Brown Advisor - if it goes here)
                Laurina (Mares Nov)
                Last edited by Nick1976; 25 February 2018, 02:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sirbetalot View Post
                  Have you got a short list yet Middle, just so we could narrow down a few races?? I agree Thursday & Friday are the hardest days to pick..
                  Not sorted a shortlist yet. Thinking of putting one of those up in a few days time.

Think the Pertempts and the Kim Muir are both lotteries so I’m ruling them two races out.

Means we need to find four horses from:
                  - JLT
                  - Ryanair
                  - Stayers
                  - Brown Plate
                  - Mares Novice

Hope nobody has an issue with this method.

Comment

Whereas last week I said I was swaying towards a win yankee, I have to say, I’m now thinking each way is the way to go for the Thursday yankee. It’s a minefield of a day - even after ruling out the Kim Muir and the Pertempts.

Comment

Whereas last week I said I was swaying towards a win yankee, I have to say, I’m now thinking each way is the way to go for the Thursday yankee. It’s a minefield of a day - even after ruling out the Kim Muir and the Pertempts.
                      Your not going to get much shorter than evens a place for the first 4 races above and thats if you select the 4 favs,, so I agree an E/W yankee could be the way to go..

Comment

Not sorted a shortlist yet. Thinking of putting one of those up in a few days time.

Think the Pertempts and the Kim Muir are both lotteries so I’m ruling them two races out.

Means we need to find four horses from:
                        - JLT
                        - Ryanair
                        - Stayers
                        - Brown Plate
                        - Mares Novice

Hope nobody has an issue with this method.
                        If I was having a bet now I'd think....

- JLT Invitation Only or Al Boum Photo - whichever Ruby is on to beat WC who is likely to be the fav... unless WC is 2nd fav and then I'd think WC was a much much much better bet.
                        - Ryanair - Fox Norton if we get to Sunday before and it looks like Good will be in the going
                        - Stayers - This one I think is hard to name a standout Sam Spinner by default as we KNOW we'd get a run for our money?
                        - Brown Plate - Tully East / The Storyteller Strong on both
                        - Mares Novice - Laurina obvious but that would be my selection

Comment

This brings up a good point, when do we get the selections normally? the morning of the race, the day before or much before.. just because like you said Kev, we would have no idea really what price WC and others until that morning I guess??

Comment

My Picks

Willoughby Court
                            Fox Norton
                            Lame Serge
                            Marias Benefit

Comment

This brings up a good point, when do we get the selections normally? the morning of the race, the day before or much before.. just because like you said Kev, we would have no idea really what price WC and others until that morning I guess??
                              We set it so the decision has to be made on the Sunday. That way anyone travelling down can get on

Comment

My Picks

Willoughby Court
                                Fox Norton
                                Lame Serge
                                Marias Benefit
                                Would be preferable that he not be lame

Comment

Working...
                                X