Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Tuesday FJ yankee - owner robith

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've obviously listed BD in the wrong race, sorry

Comment

Barney Dwan goes for the Close Bros though doesn't he? Not the Ultima.

*Edit: Just seen your comment Rob

Comment

Originally posted by robith View Post
        Right I'm keeping tabs on selections so far:

Supreme -

Arkle -
        Petit Mouchoir

Ultima -

Gold Present
        Singlefarmpayment
        Beware The Bear

CH -

Mares -

4 Miler -
        Elegant Escape x2
        Monbeg Notorious x2
        Jury Duty

Close Brothers -
        Barney Dwan x3
        Drumcliff
        Divine Spear

And yeah, I'm not including betting w/o cos I don't like it, and not everyone can get on
        I will put up Sizing Tennessee for the Close Bros if he turns up there. Stands a great chance imo.

Comment

Ideas for this are:

Supreme- Getabird
          Arkle- Brain Power
          Ultima- The Storyteller
          Champ Hrd- Faugheen(Just have to at the price)
          Mares- Apples Jade
          4 Miler- Elegant Escape
          Close- Sizing Tennessee

Comment

I'm very close to officially declaring Petit Mouchoir our Arkle selection. I've loved Footpad since his Triumph days (had him 28/1 for that, but had Peace & Co in a multi that paid more, was conflicted as they came up the hill!) but I've always felt he wanted further. PM had him covered on hurdles (though FP's jumping is exquisite) and I think it's the value play

Comment

I'm very close to officially declaring Petit Mouchoir our Arkle selection. I've loved Footpad since his Triumph days (had him 28/1 for that, but had Peace & Co in a multi that paid more, was conflicted as they came up the hill!) but I've always felt he wanted further. PM had him covered on hurdles (though FP's jumping is exquisite) and I think it's the value play
              Are you thinking of an E/W angle for the tues yankee Robith? given the fact a lot are plenty short

Comment

I'm going to mix it up, as a massive PM follower all season I actually think now his price has gone, given that he does have to come on for his run behind Footpad, it's not a given he will do, but I am confident he will on the day, but 7/2 isn't much value if he fails to improve on that.

This isn't much use to you, as I honestly have no plays left for the Arkle now, it's either Petit Mouchoir or Footpad for me, but the value has gone in both. I've missed the prices on Saint Calvados, but some on here have tasty looking bets, but I can't be backing at his current price. I guess IF any horse (and I can't believe I am about to type this) is going to pick up the pieces late on it will be Sceau Royal, it's just a case of whether he is actually good enough, the thing I have my reservations about him on, and he is held by Footpad on hurdles form.
                Last edited by ComplyOrDie; 27 February 2018, 02:29 PM.

Comment

If Getabird goes in expect a real plunge on Footpad which should give PM backers the chance to get on at a nice price, though not much help for the yankee of course...

Comment

Nicky gave a glowing report on Brain Power today tearing up the Kempton Gallops.

With the Wind Op there maybe a nice price in the 10/1 there

Comment

You've got a tough day there robith. We all like bigger priced winners, however .
                      I can't see past getabird and footpad in the 1st 2 races.

Suoreme getabird
                      Arkle footpad

I'm not much help there . But they win....
                      https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                      Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

I think a lot of us(If not all) will have the 4 "Bankers" in multiples at some point.

Would it be a strategy to start covering those for this yankee perhaps like choosing what we might see as the biggest danger to the shorties???

Comment

Originally posted by Jonnymac05 View Post
                          I think a lot of us(If not all) will have the 4 "Bankers" in multiples at some point.

Would it be a strategy to start covering those for this yankee perhaps like choosing what we might see as the biggest danger to the shorties???
                          It's a fair point. But id be assuming the idea is to win with the Yankee. If you want a bigger price winner avoid them 2 races.

. There will be some decent prices in the Ultima and novice handicap chase / 4 miler
                          Last edited by Scooby91; 27 February 2018, 02:55 PM.
                          https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                          Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

this may not be a popular post but i think BVD will be beaten by Faugheen and the only reason why is that i have a gut feeling and you know what they say always trust your gut.

Comment

Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                              It's a fair point. But id be assuming the idea is to win with the Yankee.

And thats the 1st 2 legs up.
                              Oh absolutely. Just an idea in case they get turned over. but i do agree that i think Footpad, Getabird will win.

With the surprise of VVM now in the mares, i wonder could she put it up to Apples Jade with long time of the track. i know Willie says he can get them race fit just at home.

Comment

SO what does the Getabird, Footpad, Buveur D'air, Apple's Jade yankee pay

Comment

Working...
                                X