Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Tuesday FJ yankee - owner robith

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
    Jers girl
    10/1 nrnb bog in the Without Apple's jade market
    Mares hurdle.

Excellent value imo. Effectively 4 places for ew.
    And a horse I've followed with great interest ever since a Dublin taxi driver tipped her up to me 2 years ago

Comment

Can't see it on other threads, and I know Tuesday is a tough one, but I thought the idea was for it to be a win yankee rather than e/w? I don't mind putting up things at bigger prices we fancy to win, but I'm unsure about doing a purely e/w approach (i.e looking more for the places).

What are people's thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by robith View Post
        Can't see it on other threads, and I know Tuesday is a tough one, but I thought the idea was for it to be a win yankee rather than e/w? I don't mind putting up things at bigger prices we fancy to win, but I'm unsure about doing a purely e/w approach (i.e looking more for the places).

I can see how it will affect your decision regarding what to choose but like last year, for myself, I'll back them all e/way regardless of what is selected

Comment

Do what ever you decide I assume.
          https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
          Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
            Do what ever you decide I assume.
            Just trying to maintain the facade of democracy Scooby!

Comment

Just trying to maintain the facade of democracy Scooby!

Price doesn't determine whether a bet should be each way or not... hard to stick my that a lot of the time...but we really should be picking horses at the highest price we can with the best chance of winning... not the best chance of coming 2nd

In my ever so humble opinion

Comment

I would like to add Monbeg Notorious for the 4 miler

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post

Price doesn't determine whether a bet should be each way or not... hard to stick my that a lot of the time...but we really should be picking horses at the highest price we can with the best chance of winning... not the best chance of coming 2nd

In my ever so humble opinion
                  I concur. I don't mind a 20/1 shot we think is overpriced, but I'm loathe to include "without" markets because we're essentially saying we don't think it will win

Comment

I concur. I don't mind a 20/1 shot we think is overpriced, but I'm loathe to include "without" markets because we're essentially saying we don't think it will win
                    But at 10/1 she will win.
                    Just without Apple's jade.
                    https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                    Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

If it were me I’d just pick based on the horses chances regardless of price. I’d also be putting in on each way. A nice mix would be good. A banker, a live chance 2nd favourite and 2 juicy priced ones is the route I’d take. Your choice tho fella.

Comment

I second this, I took PM at 9/2 ew because it is a bet to nothing, I'd be 95% sure hes going to be in the frame if not reverse the form. looking at the place markets on the exchange hes currently 5/7 to place, If I was being forced to bet €1000 on this race I'd take PM to place at 5/7 over footpad 10/11 all day

Comment

Originally posted by Garrison Savannah View Post
                          Wouldn’t have Footpad personally, think PM will reverse the form come Cheltenham.
                          sorry replying to this

Comment

Originally posted by Gilly View Post
                            I second this, I took PM at 9/2 ew because it is a bet to nothing, I'd be 95% sure hes going to be in the frame if not reverse the form. looking at the place markets on the exchange hes currently 5/7 to place, If I was being forced to bet €1000 on this race I'd take PM to place at 5/7 over footpad 10/11 all day
                            My only caveat to that is... getting your "money back" at 5/7 isn't the same as winning at 10/11 ..... If you had your 1k on Footpad, you almost double up.... if you have your 500 e/w on PM you get a little bit more than your stake back... one has nearly 1k profit...the other has less than 100 quid...

Comment

Right I'm keeping tabs on selections so far:

Supreme -

Arkle -
                              Petit Mouchoir

Ultima -

Gold Present
                              Singlefarmpayment
                              Beware The Bear

CH -

Mares -

4 Miler -
                              Elegant Escape x2
                              Monbeg Notorious x2
                              Jury Duty

Close Brothers -
                              Barney Dwan x3
                              Drumcliff
                              Divine Spear

And yeah, I'm not including betting w/o cos I don't like it, and not everyone can get on
                              Last edited by robith; 26 February 2018, 11:16 AM.

Comment

Fergal O Brian really fancies Barney Dwan. Can have a third vote from me

Comment

Working...
                                X