Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham 2019 Ante-Post bets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hurricane fly View Post
    Have added a free £5 bet on Vision Des Flos @20/1 on WH. Huge price difference between them and Skybet (12/1).

A horse a lot of us were looking forward to last year until Tizzard started throwing darts at what race he would go to next rather than having an actual plan. Fingers crossed he gets its right this time, could be a live Arkle chance for which he is best odds 20/1 so well worth taking the any race option for no change in price.

It’s a shame WH don’t offer more free bets! Much better value
    Yes HF!!

I really like him, have him @ 33's for the Arkle but have covered him in larger bets like you for 'Any Race'. Think, Kilbricken Storm aside, the majority of the Tizzard novice hurdlers were messed about a bit and we could see them flourish now going chasing

Comment

• Originally posted by SeanRock View Post
      An angle I’m intrigued with is the NH bloodline of Sandmason (sire of Summerville Boy & Black Op). He only really came to light with Tom George’s success with the pair last season. Surely other yards will have taken note and any of his offspring will have been popular in the sales this summer. If anyone could point me in the direction of any further info on this it would be greatly appreciated. I’m as far from a breeding expert as you can be!
      DAM'S SIRE RUNS % PLACED TOTAL EARNINGS BEST OR BEST RPR
      Summerville Boy (IRE) Carroll House (IRE) 3 6 50 3 £113,819 156 156
      Black Op (IRE) Desert Story (IRE) 3 7 43 2 £95,237 152 155
      Strong Economy (IRE) Little Bighorn (IRE) 1 14 7 5 £9,221 122 117
      Desert Retreat (IRE) Carroll House (IRE) 0 15 0 8 £7,681 115 116
      Bare Necessities (IRE) Brief Truce (USA) 0 7 0 2 £1,240 110 113
      Tir Dubh (IRE) Hubbly Bubbly (USA) 1 22 5 6 £10,015 105 101
      Thepremierbroker (IRE) Boyne Valley (GB) 0 7 0 1 £477 99 97
      Done En Dusted (IRE) Lucky Guest (GB) 0 11 0 1 £2,612 95 108
      Mollymill (IRE) Hubbly Bubbly (USA) 0 7 0 0 £412 82 77
      Sand Artist (IRE) Strong Gale (IRE) 0 16 0 4 £3,313 80 81
      Lala's Sister (IRE) Safety Catch (USA) 0 5 0 0 £382 74 44
      Mr Elevator (IRE) Roselier (FR) 0 5 0 1 £572 71 49
      Rossmill (IRE) Traditionally (USA) 0 2 0 0 — — 0
      Tambow (IRE) Alhaarth (IRE) 0 2 0 0 £350 — 94
      Max Bauer (IRE) Little Bighorn (IRE) 0 2 0 0 — — 80
      Inchavour (IRE) Alhaarth (IRE) 0 2 0 0 — — 37
      Monte Kaolino (IRE) Hubbly Bubbly (USA) 0 6 0 0 — — 96
      Linemason (IRE) Darnay (GB) 0 1 0 0 — — 0
      Another Hope (IRE) Persian Mews (IRE) 0 2 0 0 — — —
      The Secret Mason (IRE) Alhaarth (IRE) 0 1 0 0 — — 27
      Emgee (IRE) Shahanndeh (IRE) 0 1 0 0 — — 0
      Masons Daughter (IRE) Hubbly Bubbly (USA) 4 11 36 4 £40,155 — 136
      Falling Leaf (IRE) Hubbly Bubbly (USA) 0 2 0 0 — — 78
      Pappapappawhiskey (IRE) New Frontier (IRE) 0 1 0 0 — — 0
      Mr Sandgate (IRE) The Bart (USA) 0 5 0 0 — — 70

View detailed progeny statistics for Sandmason including wins, runs and total earnings

Comment

• What meetings do you guys think Might Bite will take in? Reckon he'll go for the triple crown? He's my favourite horse in training and I'd love to go and see him in the flesh.

Comment

• Ryan - taken from Sporting Life website

We protected him at the beginning of last year. As we saw him in the RSA Chase the previous year, people were just a little bit worried about his mind was quite where it should be.

So we gave him an easier start in that Intermediate race at Sandown, rather than thinking about Haydock or anything like that. As the King George was the project and it’s still very much the first major project again.

Now this time we have to down the £1million bonus road, so we’ll aim to go for the Betfair Chase first and if you win that then you’re immediately the only man standing, so it’s obvious you’ve got to try and he’s grown up enough now.

He was pretty grown up all last season and I thought he was great in the Gold Cup. I wouldn’t say that the ground beat him but a better horse on the ground beat him.

I just thought it was fantastic at Aintree, he was the one horse that came back from Cheltenham that did have quite a hard race. And he came and put up an immaculate performance and I thought he was brilliant that day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
            For those who buy it, One Jump Ahead is available to buy on Mark Howard's website today. Probably the best £10 I'll be spending this month.
            Should be delivered tomorrow

Comment

• Cue a November deluge in the North West and a rethink....

Comment

• I'm meeting jono there if anyone else is making the trip and wants to say hello ...

The only top class race we have in the North West pre-Christmas
                Last edited by Kevloaf; 19 September 2018, 10:28 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                  I'm meeting jono there if anyone else is making the trip ams wants to say hello ...

The only top class race we have in the North West pre-Christmas
                  I might be making an appearance Kev so I'll try and meet for a pint if I make the trip.

Comment

• I'm going to the November meeting at Cheltenham so I'll have to see if my budget will stretch to Haydock as well

Comment

• Free skybet fiver day. Been reading Jumpers to Follow, and concur with the strength of novice hurdlers going chasing, so popped this on today

Kalashnikov - Arkle
                      Black Op - JLT
                      Next Destination - RSA

Comment

• Originally posted by robith View Post
                        Free skybet fiver day. Been reading Jumpers to Follow, and concur with the strength of novice hurdlers going chasing, so popped this on today

Kalashnikov - Arkle
                        Black Op - JLT
                        Next Destination - RSA
                        Could be worth a free 1.25 Trixie with a free bet from Skybet

Comment

• Speculative Trixie - 1U
                          Annamix- Supreme
                          Commander of Fleet - ballymore
                          Gilgamboa - Foxhunters
                          4,355/1

Comment

• Mark Howard's book has arrived

It sounds like Laurina is staying over hurdles this season

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                              Mark Howard's book has arrived

It sounds like Laurina is staying over hurdles this season
                              Can't wait to get home.

Comment

• Very interesting move by paddy power.
                                Samcro blue/shortened in Arkle market and they've also shortened Buveur D'Air in the Champion Hurdle.

Comment

Working...
                                X