Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham 2019 Ante-Post bets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dento des obeaux is really interesting I was told last year that they thought he was outstanding, so im eagerly awaiting his debut

Comment

• Just been on the Bet365 site looking at the Ballymore prices and theres 8 horses @1/1.Whats going on there?

Comment

• Unsure which race he was to be aimed at or if anyone was at all interested but impressive Aintree bumper winner, and winner on his hurdles debut, Portrush Ted, is out for the season.

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
          Unsure which race he was to be aimed at or if anyone was at all interested but impressive Aintree bumper winner, and winner on his hurdles debut, Portrush Ted, is out for the season.
          Danny Kirwan and Pym were the two I was interested in when watching that race but Portrush Ted was impressive. Shame for connections he is out.

Pym is still one that interests me for the Ballymore. 33-1 with Bet365 and there cash out option if things don't go to plan is quite tempting.

Comment

Unsure which race he was to be aimed at or if anyone was at all interested but impressive Aintree bumper winner, and winner on his hurdles debut, Portrush Ted, is out for the season.

That is bad news, a horse I was very interested in.

Comment

• Are we about to see Penhill take 2?

Mullins/Bloom have Kaatskill Nap at Galway today, not much different to how Penhill started his life over hurdles. OK, so it is pretty unlikely for lightening to strike twice, but these Bloom horses won't be evading my attention, if it dots up today I may have to request a price with a few bookmakers for the AB & 'Any Race' markets.

Comment

• This last week I've really got my interest back for racing after not being interested in the flat at all this year. So I've dabbled in a couple of the sky request a bets mainly involving Samcro, Altior, Penhill and Presenting Percy. Then today iev put my first single on with a couple of points ew on Vinndication for the JLT at 33-1.

Comment

• Just bet like a mouse
                  Until Fairyhouse.

Comment

Are we about to see Penhill take 2?

Mullins/Bloom have Kaatskill Nap at Galway today, not much different to how Penhill started his life over hurdles. OK, so it is pretty unlikely for lightening to strike twice, but these Bloom horses won't be evading my attention, if it dots up today I may have to request a price with a few bookmakers for the AB & 'Any Race' markets.
                    Won't be rushing to take a price just yet, but encouraging enough. Awful error 2 out, and then looked awkward for pressure but clearly stays the trip of 2m 5 1/2f, suggesting that 3m would not be a problem either.

Got an eye on them crafty lot with this one

Comment

Are we about to see Penhill take 2?

Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                      Won't be rushing to take a price just yet, but encouraging enough. Awful error 2 out, and then looked awkward for pressure but clearly stays the trip of 2m 5 1/2f, suggesting that 3m would not be a problem either.

Got an eye on them crafty lot with this one
                      How much do you consider the owners though?

"Ricci likes one for the Supreme" must be the most uninformed statements that gets branded around... "Bloom loves one in a handicap" is the same to me. "JP loves a plot"

So so so far down the list of things that could affect a horses chance to win for me that I can't imagine ever really getting interested in a horse unless I thought the connections would change their plans for the respective horse because of another in the yard.... and that happens so rarely overall.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                        How much do you consider the owners though?

"Ricci likes one for the Supreme" must be the most uninformed statements that gets branded around... "Bloom loves one in a handicap" is the same to me. "JP loves a plot"

So so so far down the list of things that could affect a horses chance to win for me that I can't imagine ever really getting interested in a horse unless I thought the connections would change their plans for the respective horse because of another in the yard.... and that happens so rarely overall.
                        Not so much the owners, more the trainer and patterns. Supreme, so used to Mullins having a great chance, was initially Annamix this year, year before Melon, then before that Min, Douvan etc... Majority Ricci owned but not a necessity for myself.

With the mentioned patterns it does seem he targets certain routes for owners, maybe just a coincidence. It must be hard for Willie to juggle around and keep owners happy etc... I would love his horses but not his job!

Comment

Not so much the owners, more the trainer and patterns. Supreme, so used to Mullins having a great chance, was initially Annamix this year, year before Melon, then before that Min, Douvan etc... Majority Ricci owned but not a necessity for myself.

With the mentioned patterns it does seem he targets certain routes for owners, maybe just a coincidence. It must be hard for Willie to juggle around and keep owners happy etc... I would love his horses but not his job!
                          He certainly does offer 'types' of horses to onwers. Graham Wylie said that was the case (and so has Ricci) when they've done interviews, but that did also reveal that they sometimes get to pick (I can't remember which horse Ricci turned down now.... might have been Yorkhill?) Archie the one to ask though probably, as I'm not sure how they get allocated horses etc...??

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                            He certainly does offer 'types' of horses to onwers. Graham Wylie said that was the case (and so has Ricci) when they've done interviews, but that did also reveal that they sometimes get to pick (I can't remember which horse Ricci turned down now.... might have been Yorkhill?) Archie the one to ask though probably, as I'm not sure how they get allocated horses etc...??
                            I'm all ears, any knowledge is good knowledge

Comment

• Ben Pauling stable Tour on Sporting life website Today.

Comment

• Have added a free £5 bet on Vision Des Flos @20/1 on WH. Huge price difference between them and Skybet (12/1).

A horse a lot of us were looking forward to last year until Tizzard started throwing darts at what race he would go to next rather than having an actual plan. Fingers crossed he gets its right this time, could be a live Arkle chance for which he is best odds 20/1 so well worth taking the any race option for no change in price.

It’s a shame WH don’t offer more free bets! Much better value

Comment

Working...
                                X