Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham 2019 Ante-Post bets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
    Out with a bang. Hopefully the vast majority had a good week.
    wouldn't even like to guess how much your up mate, all the best and thanks for all the good info you've gave

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
      Out with a bang. Hopefully the vast majority had a good week.
      Well done mate.

Let's hope you can put off retirement for at least 1 more year

Personally, my 2nd best ever festival.... which I am a little disappointed about to be honest, but that makes it 9 consecutive profitable festivals.

Heres to ten!

Looking forward to a weekend off, and I'll be back to do the full analysis with everyone from next week.

Comment

• Wow.... just wow....

Started with a bang on Klassical Dream and just kept on rolling. Fair ground and very few hard luck stories. I need to digest, but I have no doubt that was by some way my best ever festival

*And I have a lot of people on here to thank!
        Last edited by bobbyvalentino; 15 March 2019, 06:45 PM.

Comment

• Definitely my best so far.

Have to say a big thank you to the whole forum for a very enjoyable six months and excellent opinion and insight.

Ante post most certainly not dead!

Comment

• ...Klassical Dream @ 20-1. City Island 20-1. TopoftheGame 16-1. Roksana 22-1. Al Boum Photo 33-1. Early Doors 17.5-1, all winners for me. Lots of near misses, but that’s the way it goes.

Many thanks to all, especially Scooby for such insight but I have to claim Roksana for myself. A fortunate winner but chuffed I put Roksana in my notebook after Aintree next year, and I might have been the first to highlight her in the Mares Hurdle thread, particularly proud of that given my respect for you folk.

Onwards to Aintree, as always, tickets secured for Thursday.

Comment

• Small loss for me overall - Pentland Hills eased the pain, couldn't celebrate too much though with Sir Eric. Small combi tricast in the Martin Pipe, also did Dallas/Early Doors/Defi straight, would have been a profit if the first two came in the other way around. Got EW on Coolanly with the extra place in the shop.

Enjoyed reading through everyone's thoughts very much - made me think about thing a little more seriously.

Comment

• Very slightly ahead, great Tuesday, poor Wednesday, superb Thursday, then hard luck Friday, so near to fantastic, then acute disappointment. Such is life, looking back I have made money at 18 of the last 21 festivals, but this one not amongst the best. Have to be honest and say that for some reason my heart wasn't in it for a lot of the year to the extent it usually is, not sure why, but have certainly enjoyed it whilst it's been on.
                I think a distraction has been the rugby world cup, have been feeding money onto the All Blacks for months, taken my focus away probably, has been great this week though, so looking forward to making more effort for next year, soon be here.
                Last edited by MrMcGoldrick; 15 March 2019, 10:34 PM.

Comment

• I see it clearer now, what I thought was an extensive portfolio in fact wasn't. I should be having a few bets in each race to cover all occurrences instead of 1 pick per race.
                  That way I could have covered my Santini bet in the RSA with the 2 rivals at decent odds so a profit is shown.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrMcGoldrick View Post
                    Very slightly ahead, great Tuesday, poor Wednesday, superb Thursday, then hard luck Friday, so near to fantastic, then acute disappointment. Such is life, looking back I have made money at 18 of the last 21 festivals, but this one not amongst the best. Have to be honest and say that for some reason my heart wasn't in it for a lot of the year to the extent it usually is, not sure why, but have certainly enjoyed it whilst it's been on.
                    I think a distraction has been the rugby world cup, have been feeding money onto the All Blacks for months, taken my focus away probably, has been great this week though, so looking forward to making more effort for next year, soon be here.
                    I get that bet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Old Vic View Post
                      I get that bet.
                      After watching the six nations it feels even better, can't see anything from this hemisphere troubling them.

Comment

Working...
                      X