Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham 2019 Ante-Post bets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Had a bet on Mengli Khan myself,Native river , where did you see he's been confimed chasing ?.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigChaang View Post
      Had a bet on Mengli Khan myself,Native river , where did you see he's been confimed chasing ?.
      Elliot said pre-Punchestown festival that "he will definitely go chasing next year" tweet below:

https://twitter.com/attheraces/statu...944?lang=en-gb

Hopefully it'll be more reliable comment then if Mullins had said it

Comment

• Originally posted by Native River View Post
        Elliot said pre-Punchestown festival that "he will definitely go chasing next year" tweet below:

Great !, Thanks N.R.

Comment

• Originally posted by Native River View Post

I really like Mengli Khan and think the Arkle is the target based on everything that happened over hurdles.... the slight reservation is that he's essentially a flat horse and for all that he LOOKS like a big 'chasing-type' ... I will want to see him jump fences before I got too carried away with him.

I haven't got any historical data to go back on regarding horses than ran at 2 on the flat going chasing. 25/1 is a fair price but I am not pulling the trigger yet.

I'd take 25/1 any race mind, he could end up in the Grand Annual or even back over hurdles in the county

Comment

• The horse that Tom Segal called the only novice chaser who could give Footpad a race over the minimum trip is also available at 25/1 in the any race market.

Comment

• Has anyone asked Skybet for a price on Mengli Khan in the any race market? Still not worked out how yet

Comment

• Originally posted by somer1 View Post
                Has anyone asked Skybet for a price on Mengli Khan in the any race market? Still not worked out how yet
                I haven't.

I believe you "tweet" them with a #requestabet

Comment

• Anyone like Rapid Escape?

Only reason I say, obviously his last 2 runs were pretty disappointing.

That said the bumper he won at Navan pre-Christmas, Elliott has thrown some decent sorts at that race or not ran anything at all.

Samcro, Death Duty & Don Cossack.

That to me reads as he's his best bumper horse.

Not quoted for anything that I can see at the moment.

Comment

• I don't use fb or twitter so will just keep looking every now and again

Comment

• Me niether Somer , but i looked it up the other night online , I think Faugheen said you can bet in shop with coral , I think i looked
                      at Coral . william hill and Ladbrokes, , and from memory i think coral had the better prices ,but will try to check this.
                      and let you know.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigChaang View Post
                        Me niether Somer , but i looked it up the other night online , I think Faugheen said you can bet in shop with coral , I think i looked
                        at Coral . william hill and Ladbrokes, , and from memory i think coral had the better prices ,but will try to check this.
                        and let you know.
                        Cheers BC. No need as we don't have a Coral here.Will look it up and get the best price I can.

Comment

• I've just had 1 pt on Laurina (Arkle) and Samcro (JLT) at 74/1

Pretty foolish to have anything other than free bets on a Mullins horse, this far out when the target isn't clear and she hasn't been declared as going chasing yet... but, I figure Melon is an obvious CH contender, wasn't far off and clearly likes Cheltenham, and was bought to be a Champion Hurdler...

Mullins isn't embarrassed with any standouts for the 2m novice chase division next year based on his 2m novice hurdlers (not to say there isn't another Footpad lurking - but that was out of the blue)

14/1 with 365, and then I decided that because the bookies have the JLT as the most likely, and its speculative anyway, I'll double them up. They'd both likely go off short prices for the 'most obvious' races for them.

There is obviously a decent chance Laurina may go chasing and STILL end up in the Mares Hurdle.... HOWEVER Benie Des Dieux is the one to beat in that now isn't she? I see it as her obvious festival target... and I know it is way too early, but that slots in nicely for now.

Comment

• Bet 365 have Might Bite @ 10/1 for the King George and Gold cup double.

and Presenting Percy @ 40/1 for the same double.
                            What we thinking?

Comment

• Buveur D'air at 7/2 is insulting.

He's a two time Champion Hurdle winner and was 4/1 this time last year.

2nd fav is Samcro who goes chasing.
                              3rd fav is Melon who was beaten by BVD but is 5/1 against the 7/2 with WH! Mental.
                              Next 3 are Min, Summerville Boy and Laurina.... unlikely Min or Laurina turn up... and Summerville Boy can't jump properly at this stage.

If it wasn't so far out, I'd start the CH 2019 thread or put it in the June Yankee thread!

Comment

• Originally posted by somer1 View Post
                                Bet 365 have Might Bite @ 10/1 for the King George and Gold cup double.

and Presenting Percy @ 40/1 for the same double.
                                What we thinking?
                                The Might Bite one I don't like at all.... not big enough odds to bother with when he'll be a backable price.

PP at 40/1 would interest me, if I had any inclination he'd go KG... however I do think he'll be peaking for March only ....

So I'd be happy leaving both personally...

Comment

Working...
                                X