Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham 2019 Ante-Post bets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Listening to Wylie it looks like he's hoping Bellshill will be his GC runner next year, with the whip rules they would have to put his head in front on the line though

Comment

• Originally posted by MrMcGoldrick View Post
      Listening to Wylie it looks like he's hoping Bellshill will be his GC runner next year, with the whip rules they would have to put his head in front on the line though
      I'm sure he is hoping for that.... but Bellshill won't be on my shortlist. a 0.75L win over Djakadam isn't Gold Cup winning form....and the 10L in the RSA that he was beaten in the RSA is incredibly flattering behind Might Bite.

He's been to Cheltenham 3 times and been beaten 16L, 32L and 10L(Might Bite) so you can argue it isn't his track either, despite running over the wrong trip in one of them.

I think he's had his brightest moment in the sun this week personally.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
        I'm sure he is hoping for that.... but Bellshill won't be on my shortlist. a 0.75L win over Djakadam isn't Gold Cup winning form....and the 10L in the RSA that he was beaten in the RSA is incredibly flattering behind Might Bite.

He's been to Cheltenham 3 times and been beaten 16L, 32L and 10L(Might Bite) so you can argue it isn't his track either, despite running over the wrong trip in one of them.

I think he's had his brightest moment in the sun this week personally.
        Can't disagree with any of that Kev, my thinking was that if they could only get him home by leathering him all the way up the run in I don't want to see it anyway.

Comment

• I backed Bellshill the other day (and in the Irish National) but I couldn’t have him to beat Might Bite at Cheltenham based on their RSA.

Good horse is Bellshill mind. But not quite Gold Cup winnin ckass. Could well run a decent race but won’t be winning imo.

Comment

• Had a few quid on COMMANDER OF FLEET for the Ballymore, 16/1 skybet. Thought he won his Bumper easily at Punchy and I can see him doing the same route as Samcro.

Comment

• Originally posted by PitLad View Post
              Had a few quid on COMMANDER OF FLEET for the Ballymore, 16/1 skybet. Thought he won his Bumper easily at Punchy and I can see him doing the same route as Samcro.
              Great minds PitLad - I took the easy way out and went Any Race @ 12's with Hills.
              I've lost far too many AP bets over the years by having the "wrong" race for Novices.

Comment

• Just done a life changer e/w lucky 15

Hollowgraphic - Ballymore - 33/1
                Annamix - Supreme - 20/1
                Willoughby Court - Ryanair - 25/1
                Summerville Boy - Champion Hurdle - 14/1

I did debate didtheyleaveuoutto for the supreme but a 50p e/w pays £168k

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                  Less than a month before the 2018 festival.... I've had my first bet for 2019

Presenting Percy 40/1 for the Gold Cup - currently on their specials page
                  Monalee is also 33/1 for the Gold Cup.

They're vying for favourtism for the RSA, and I would anticipate whichever won being single figures.

A lot of water to go under the bridge until then, but at the moment we have no STANDOUT Gold Cup contender this year (bar possibly Might Bite) and as for the novices, I see Presenting Percy and Monalee as the most obvious Gold Cup contenders next year...
                  I just started reading through this thread again , and TOP of the list is this , !! . I'm very Envious Kev !. well done in your analysis
                  got it spot on , Have a Monalee 33-1 ticket , but P.percy only in multiples at the
                  Moment , Guessing the 6-1 currently available.Is going to be around for a while , So
                  will wait before doing a single , but definitely think is a Top contender.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigChaang View Post
                    I just started reading through this thread again , and TOP of the list is this , !! . I'm very Envious Kev !. well done in your analysis
                    got it spot on , Have a Monalee 33-1 ticket , but P.percy only in multiples at the
                    Moment , Guessing the 6-1 currently available.Is going to be around for a while , So
                    will wait before doing a single , but definitely think is a Top contender.
                    Thanks BC. Certainly sets me up nicely for the race at this stage but a helluva long way to go!

A 100/1 shot each way, finishing 4th in a 5 runner race in his ideal conditions is testimant to how hard it can be

I like your bet HF. A little too speculative for me at the moment with only one confirmed target... Annamix a highly likely target and the other two hopeful but not confident. I like it all the same though.

Comment

• I’ll be happy with a cash out come February!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hurricane fly View Post
                        I’ll be happy with a cash out come February!
                        Good point, 365 will take over 90% of my bets I imagine.

Comment

• Long shot but if anybody here wants tickets for Nottingham racing on Friday for £10 then PM me. Got 5 going spare. Evenings racing and beer festival from all around the world PLUS the inaugural running of the 'Grand Tashional'.

Comment

• Reinvested my winnings on silver streak, with a patent. 1.- Altior - champ chase . - 5-4.
                            2. - penhill - stayers hdle. - 9-1.
                            3. - presenting percy - gold cup . - 6-1.

Comment

• Does anyone other than sky bet have an any race market up yet. I can't find hills?
                              https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                              Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                                Does anyone other than sky bet have an any race market up yet. I can't find hills?
                                William Hill and Ladbrokes are the others I've seen so far

Comment

Working...
                                X