Page 104 of 104 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104
Results 1,031 to 1,037 of 1037
    Quote Originally Posted by jonthehammer View Post
    Not sure where to put this as there are no threads or books yet but did anyone see the race Aspen Colorado won yesterday?
    Similar to Mia's Storm (and apologies again, i've not gone through other threads to see if this was mentioned), was running over fences last year, fell twice so was put in a handicap hurdle off top weight yesterday - ended up winning reasonably comfortably. I think this was more than likely a confidence booster and will be put over the larger obstacles next time out.

I'm not sure if any of you guys were at the Cheltenham Preview evening last year in Cargo (absolute shambolic venue for what it's worth), but Paul Kealy, spoke very highly of Mia's Storm and backed her chances for a novice chase. Now for some reason or another, I can't quite remember why, she ended up missing the festival. But could be one to keep an eye on over the coming months if she takes to fences this time round.

Quote Originally Posted by jkite16 View Post
    Similar to Mia's Storm (and apologies again, i've not gone through other threads to see if this was mentioned), was running over fences last year, fell twice so was put in a handicap hurdle off top weight yesterday - ended up winning reasonably comfortably. I think this was more than likely a confidence booster and will be put over the larger obstacles next time out.

I'm not sure if any of you guys were at the Cheltenham Preview evening last year in Cargo (absolute shambolic venue for what it's worth), but Paul Kealy, spoke very highly of Mia's Storm and backed her chances for a novice chase. Now for some reason or another, I can't quite remember why, she ended up missing the festival. But could be one to keep an eye on over the coming months if she takes to fences this time round.
    Backed Mia's Storm yesterday and she took a huge drift, BJG left me down for a very nice double with a horrendous ride on Dostal Phil. I was going to say she could be worth a go in the stayers as she wasn't quoted but was too lazy to write something up last night.

Quote Originally Posted by jkite16 View Post

I'm a fan of Mia's Storm as well jkite. My first thought seeing her over hurdles was that it was a prep race for the Ladbroke Trophy and it looked a pretty ideal one at that. A mark of 149 looks pretty attractive.
    Didn’t quite look the same horse after that Kempton fall last Christmas but hopefully the summer break and that win and run has done her a confidence boost.

A few reservations would be:

- She would want good ground which will be a question mark until nearer the day
    - You really need to be up to running in a Gold Cup to be winning this race when you look at the likes of Native River, Total Recall, Many Clouds, Smad Place, Bobs Worth, Denman etc - not sure she is quite up to that level yet

But she looked a fine jumper on her first 2 chase starts last season, would fall into a second season chaser which I always like in this race, and the distance is no worry. Considering Elegant Escape (another favourite of mine) is bordering on favouritism for the race and she beat him fair and square at Chepstow last season, depending on her odds she could be a good bet for the race. Hoping she sneaks into the market at a big price.

W.hills today - L.15 - 1. - Mengli khan - arkle -20-1.
    2. - Buveur D'air - ch hdl - 7-2.
    3. - Next destination - R.s.a chs - 10-1.
    4. - Auvergnat - X country chs -12-1.

Ive not seen the race but see Vision Des Flos fell ?
    Any positives before he went ?

Quote Originally Posted by CUEMYCARD View Post
    Ive not seen the race but see Vision Des Flos fell ?
    Any positives before he went ?
    Too far out. Just a novicey mistake But not a positive, would only take another fall to reconsider fences

Actually an unseat but the bad news is that he ran loose for the rest of the race without jumping any fences so he's had a race but they've learned nothing.