Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham 2019 Ante-Post bets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SeanRock View Post
    I see Pym has an entry at Chepstow on Saturday for the novice hurdle race Altior kicked off his unbeaten streak over timer in!

Also Vision Des Flos hasn't been declared for the 2m novice chase at Newton Abbot tomorrow. He also has an entry for Chepstow on Saturday in a listed event over 2m 3f.

Will be keeping a close eye on both if they're declared.
    Tizzard has just that race at Chepstow for Cue Card, Thistlecrack and Finians Oscar so it looks the likely starting point for VDF.

Comment

• Originally posted by somer1 View Post
      Welcome to the Fat Jockey Old Persian.Got that for covered as well
      Cheers Somer1 - I've got loads of others pencilled in, I just haven't pressed the button yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
        Tizzard has just that race at Chepstow for Cue Card, Thistlecrack and Finians Oscar so it looks the likely starting point for VDF.
        Would people be confident he'll go down the Arkle route? I'm not so sure. Although, Cue Card did run in the Arkle after running in that race, the JLT at the time was only a Grade 2 and was just getting going. Obviously the other 2 didn't run in the Arkle.

Comment

• Originally posted by Folski View Post
          Would people be confident he'll go down the Arkle route? I'm not so sure. Although, Cue Card did run in the Arkle after running in that race, the JLT at the time was only a Grade 2 and was just getting going. Obviously the other 2 didn't run in the Arkle.
          We won’t know until we’ve seen him jump fences Folski. He’ll need to settle better this season if he wants to win a JLT that’s for sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
            Suprised mr fisher wasn't mentioned . He'll be the one all the hype is around
            I was surprised too as I’ve read many positive comments about Mister Fisher by Henderson and also in Paul Ferguson’s book. He had decent if unspectacular bumper form but he wouldn’t be the first Henderson horse to improve massively once sent hurdling.

Comment

• Originally posted by SeanRock View Post
              We won’t know until we’ve seen him jump fences Folski. He’ll need to settle better this season if he wants to win a JLT that’s for sure.
              Assuming all goes well I mean, do we trust Tizzard to run him there. I don't personally. Nice horse though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Folski View Post
                Assuming all goes well I mean, do we trust Tizzard to run him there. I don't personally. Nice horse though.
                I'd trust CT to run him in the race that suits best.

Comment

• I don't think determining which race they opt for is worth the extra price risk tbh, 20/1 and available to boost in the 'any race' market with WH.

I got a boosted 25/1 as he was one of my first bets I struck after this year's festival, but plenty of value still left in his 'any race' price.

Comment

• The any race market is definitely the way to go alright! Especially with very little difference in the prices quoted for the specifics. 22/1 will Hills will hopefully look good value on Saturday evening.

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                      I don't think determining which race they opt for is worth the extra price risk tbh, 20/1 and available to boost in the 'any race' market with WH.

I got a boosted 25/1 as he was one of my first bets I struck after this year's festival, but plenty of value still left in his 'any race' price.
                      Totally agree, it's not worth the stress.

Comment

• Does anyone know any bookies that has kings Socks priced up? Was on last year when travelled amazingly well most the way round only to hang towards end. I really think may have a decent season and may go somewhat under the radar.

Comment

• Originally posted by Geordieboy83 View Post
                          Does anyone know any bookies that has kings Socks priced up? Was on last year when travelled amazingly well most the way round only to hang towards end. I really think may have a decent season and may go somewhat under the radar.
                          Nope i fully expect him to have a shocker of a season and win the Plate, ala Ballynagour.

Comment

• Benatar is a 1/2 shot at 6/4 today. His only danger bar the fences is already a NR.
                            https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                            Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Pym is taking his chance over hurdles according to Nicky on Twitter, sounds quite upbeat, quote was "Pym has been declared to make his hurdles debut @Chepstow_Racing tomorrow in the race we won with Altior for the same owners. We’ve all had to be patient with him but hopefully it’ll be worth it!".

Have just jumped on the 20's 'Any Race' myself.

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                                Pym is taking his chance over hurdles according to Nicky on Twitter, sounds quite upbeat, quote was "Pym has been declared to make his hurdles debut @Chepstow_Racing tomorrow in the race we won with Altior for the same owners. We’ve all had to be patient with him but hopefully it’ll be worth it!".

Have just jumped on the 20's 'Any Race' myself.
                                Did the same this morning, but would only let me have £18!

Comment

Working...
                                X