Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham 2019 Ante-Post bets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Must admit never used the exchanges so its a bit foreign to me

Comment

• Originally posted by taylorch1990 View Post
      Must admit never used the exchanges so its a bit foreign to me
      Well worth logging in to to check, especially at big prices.

I "try" to check exchanges everytime I have oddschecker open but don't always remember.

Comment

• Are the exchanges for win only bets? As so far I've only placed ew ante post bets.

Comment

• Originally posted by taylorch1990 View Post
          Are the exchanges for win only bets? As so far I've only placed ew ante post bets.
          They have a "win" market and a "place" market so you would have to back in both markets if you wanted the equivilant of each way bet.

... it is because of that, you'll usually get a bigger price on the "win" section.

Comment

• Thanks for the clarification, I'll keep that in mind for next time.

Comment

• Added Envoi Allen any race 14's

Comment

• Hopefully will get to see lot more of Mullins and Elliot horses after this week. More rain in forecast for most of the week.

Comment

• Nice start over fences for Style De Garde. Needs to settle better but looks a nice prospect.

Comment

• apologies if this has been asked before but when do we expect bookies to go NRNB? Is it always a similar time of year?
                    ........... and apologies if this is the wrong thread!!

Comment

• It went earlier than usual last year but usually around the Christmas / NY period

Comment

• Originally posted by Joleg View Post
                        apologies if this has been asked before but when do we expect bookies to go NRNB? Is it always a similar time of year?
                        I am sure we started documenting this - I'll try and find it but it might be tough.

Comment

• Originally posted by Joleg View Post
                          apologies if this has been asked before but when do we expect bookies to go NRNB? Is it always a similar time of year?
                          Early new year from memory.

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                            Early new year from memory.
                            It's normally around my bday which is mid jan. Skybet normally come out the blocks quickly

Comment

• Couple of general questions..

I notice people on the forum often refer to using up free bets for their antepost betting plans - And many imply it is not the same as using real money !
                              It is the same as using money isn't it ?
                              Is this just psychological justification (of which us gamblers are experts at)

And secondly, many will cite the cash out options as a potential strategy and again justification for making some of the bets.
                              Could Bet365 remove this option at any time ?
                              Anybody know the rules on this ?

Comment

• Last year I'm sure sky bet were one of the 1st bookmakers to go nrmb around the 7th or 8th of Jan I think although I think the year before it was maybe a couple of weeks later than this

Comment

Working...
                                X