Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Geraghty Form

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Geraghty Form

Really feel like he is riding brutally at the minute and can only win where the horse is undoubtedly the best horse in the race. He is 5/20 the last 2 weeks but all have been even money or shorter (1/16, 3/10, 8/15, 5/6, Evns) and one of those wins he was handed the race due to Ainchea falling at the last. It's got to a stage where I have no confidence in him in a tight finish at all. I thought the ride he gave Drumacoo last week was atrocious.

Big Race wins per RP this season.

03Feb18 Betfred "Supports Jack Berry House" Contenders Hurdle (Listed Race) Buveur D'Air
    27Jan18 JCB Triumph Trial Juvenile Hurdle (Grade 2) (Registered As The Finesse) Apple's Shakira
    01Jan18 BetBright Dipper Novices' Chase (Grade 2) Yanworth
    26Dec17 Unibet Christmas Hurdle (Grade 1) Buveur D'Air
    22Dec17 St Andrews Holdings Championship Standard Open National Hunt Flat Race (Listed Race) Didtheyleaveuoutto
    16Dec17 Unibet International Hurdle (Grade 2) My Tent Or Yours
    03Dec17 Bar One Racing Juvenile Hurdle (Grade 3) Espoir D'Allen
    02Dec17 Unibet Fighting Fifth Hurdle (Grade 1) Buveur D'Air
    18Nov17 JCB Triumph Trial Juvenile Hurdle (Registered As The Prestbury Juvenile Hurdle) (Grade 2) Apple's Shakira
    11Nov17 Read Noel Fehily At 188Bet Hurdle Unowhatimeanharry

10 big wins there, 3 are Buveur D'Air and he accounts for both grade 1 wins.

What do ye think?

I'd be more worried if D.Jacob was on one of mine.

Comment

You have just reminded me of this - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgVBeWlcHW8

Comment

Originally posted by charlie View Post
        That's nearly 2 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Folski View Post
          Really feel like he is riding brutally at the minute and can only win where the horse is undoubtedly the best horse in the race. He is 5/20 the last 2 weeks but all have been even money or shorter (1/16, 3/10, 8/15, 5/6, Evns) and one of those wins he was handed the race due to Ainchea falling at the last. It's got to a stage where I have no confidence in him in a tight finish at all. I thought the ride he gave Drumacoo last week was atrocious.

Big Race wins per RP this season.

03Feb18 Betfred "Supports Jack Berry House" Contenders Hurdle (Listed Race) Buveur D'Air
          27Jan18 JCB Triumph Trial Juvenile Hurdle (Grade 2) (Registered As The Finesse) Apple's Shakira
          01Jan18 BetBright Dipper Novices' Chase (Grade 2) Yanworth
          26Dec17 Unibet Christmas Hurdle (Grade 1) Buveur D'Air
          22Dec17 St Andrews Holdings Championship Standard Open National Hunt Flat Race (Listed Race) Didtheyleaveuoutto
          16Dec17 Unibet International Hurdle (Grade 2) My Tent Or Yours
          03Dec17 Bar One Racing Juvenile Hurdle (Grade 3) Espoir D'Allen
          02Dec17 Unibet Fighting Fifth Hurdle (Grade 1) Buveur D'Air
          18Nov17 JCB Triumph Trial Juvenile Hurdle (Registered As The Prestbury Juvenile Hurdle) (Grade 2) Apple's Shakira
          11Nov17 Read Noel Fehily At 188Bet Hurdle Unowhatimeanharry

10 big wins there, 3 are Buveur D'Air and he accounts for both grade 1 wins.

What do ye think?
          I'd agree about Baz, just can't get him right, and he always seems to be amongst the first to stop riding

Comment

That's nearly 2 years ago.
            I know, 2016 under the video sort of gives it away .

I wouldn't be too concerned. You are looking at 20 races in two weeks where he is at 25% on EVS or shorter horses. 32% of odds on favs win so from that I wouldn't deduce too much.

Comment

I'd think ... thank goodness BVD is the best horse in the race.

I really like Barry especially in the big races. I think he will have a few winners in March and I'm not concerned that he isn't as prolific around smaller tracks than his predecessor. He isn't the strongest in a finish but he's still incredibly capable ... ones from the very top of my head would be Jezki, More of that, Finiams Rainbow and Riverside Theatre ... he's top class ... So MY main feeling is class is permanent and form is temporary

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                I'd think ... thank goodness BVD is the best horse in the race.

I really like Barry especially in the big races. I think he will have a few winners in March and I'm not concerned that he isn't as prolific around smaller tracks than his predecessor. He isn't the strongest in a finish but he's still incredibly capable ... ones from the very top of my head would be Jezki, More of that, Finiams Rainbow and Riverside Theatre ... he's top class ... So MY main feeling is class is permanent and form is temporary
                It's a fair point from the OP but I think this is nail on the head stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by charlie View Post
                  I've never seen that before. Brilliant from Chappers

Comment

Sods law comes into play now, so I've done the treble on him today at Ascot, also added the 2 JP/Mark Walsh runners at Gowran for a Canadian, just in case

Comment

Originally posted by MrMcGoldrick View Post
                      Sods law comes into play now, so I've done the treble on him today at Ascot, also added the 2 JP/Mark Walsh runners at Gowran for a Canadian, just in case
                      I was thinking of doing something similar

Comment

I was thinking of doing something similar
                        Better to live with disappointment than regret Folski

Comment

Haha, I wonder if he's got her up in that battle

No.

Comment

Ive mentioned this before and I no longer see him a positive to my bet if hes jocked up which is disappointing because i used to really rate him.

Comment

Yep, Dieg man first to stop being ridden, probably well beaten at the time but from a punters perspective it looks bad, seems to be a regular thing with Baz nowadays, maybe the JP job is just too cushy

Comment

Working...
                              X