Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Festival Yankees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Decent price yankee for me would be

XC - Tiger Roll @ 9/1
    Ryanair - Waiting Patiently @7/1
    Arkle - Saint Calvados @6/1
    Gold Cup - Road To Respect @ 10/1

Comment

The ante post Yankee is looking half decent at the moment. This might be the year that we get some money back from at least one of our FJ Yankees.

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
        The ante post Yankee is looking half decent at the moment. This might be the year that we get some money back from at least one of our FJ Yankees.
        Probably will be FM as I was in Australia when this one was decided so never got on it haha, unlike last year when I was on the lot and watched my money sail away

I'm confident this year that the FJ Yankees will be profitable though

Comment

A positive omen is, touch wood of course, the ante post yankee is still looking like a good bet at this stage.....I'm not sure if that was the case this time last year!

It is just a bit of fun.... I will ALWAYS back whatever the selections are regardless of how I feel about them..... the only difference is that if I really like it I'll put my normal stake on , if I don't... I'd just put a smaller stake on.... but nobody needs to know what you put on...as long as we all get on

Comment

what was the ante-post yankee for this year?, i seemed to have missed the posting somehow

Comment

Just a reminder that members need to volunteer, it's great that people have a view of who would be good owners but we need those to put their hands up (if they're prepared to)...

Comment

Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
                Just a reminder that members need to volunteer, it's great that people have a view of who would be good owners but we need those to put their hands up (if they're prepared to)...
                Sorry in advance if this is me being stupid but can you explain what you mean by owners? I am keen to be involved but perhaps I have missed something

Comment

Originally posted by charlie View Post
                  Sorry in advance if this is me being stupid but can you explain what you mean by owners? I am keen to be involved but perhaps I have missed something
                  I think he means owner of an individual daily yankee as in the person who makes the final decision on their specified daily yankee, but people need to come out and say they want to do them rather than being put forward by others. So if you fancy a go tell Ista.

Comment

Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                    I think he means owner of an individual daily yankee as in the person who makes the final decision on their specified daily yankee, but people need to come out and say they want to do them rather than being put forward by others. So if you fancy a go tell Ista.
                    Thank you COD. So the person in charge their specified daily yankee makes the final decision for the forum, not just their own individual opinion.

Ista, I would like to put my name in the hat so to speak.

Comment

Ista, just been through the thread, not sure if you had already made a note of those that have definitely volunteered (not me putting them forward) so far, but if not they are as follows:

robith
                      KingSprinterSacre
                      Middle_Of_March
                      Viking Flagship
                      charlie

And Folski was a half yes haha!

Comment

Originally posted by charlie View Post
                        Thank you COD. So the person in charge their specified daily yankee makes the final decision for the forum, not just their own individual opinion.

Ista, I would like to put my name in the hat so to speak.
                        and a fifth "owner/captain" picks the best bet from each day to create a yankee for the week.

I did that last year.... we had a small return for a loss, but it is good fun

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                          and a fifth "owner/captain" picks the best bet from each day to create a yankee for the week.

I did that last year.... we had a small return for a loss, but it is good fun
                          Definitely. Especially if we are all on

Comment

Five confirmed their interest which makes this very easy.

Tuesday - robith]
                            Wednesday - KingSprinterSacre
                            Thursday - Middle_of_March
                            Friday - Viking Flagship
                            Main - charlie

All have been sent PMs, anyone who doesn't respond or is unable to do this will be replaced

Comment

Five confirmed their interest which makes this very easy.

Tuesday - robith]
                              Wednesday - KingSprinterSacre
                              Thursday - Middle_of_March
                              Friday - Viking Flagship
                              Main - charlie

All have been sent PMs, anyone who doesn't respond or is unable to do this will be replaced
                              Thanks Ista.

Good luck all .... the more opinions we all make in the respective threads the better it is

Comment

Working...
                              X