Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Festival Yankees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Festival Yankees

Afternoon All

Saw some discussion earlier about the festival yankees so thought it was about time we got our arses in gear.

Anyone keen to own a yankee should express their interest here, owners to be appointed on Sunday 18 Feb.
    In the event more than five people put their hands up I'll have to make a call so please don't be offended if you are not selected, your input in the discussion is just as important.

Five total yankees, one for each day and an overall festival yankee.
    A thread will be set up for each yankee with discussion/debate encouraged by all members (more the merrier), the owners job will be to make final four selections from the suggestions made by members, it will be the owners decision whether their yankee will be win or each way.

Discussion will increase when weights are out and targets become clearer but having owners in place soon is sensible.

Deadline for each yankee must be Sunday 11 March to enable those traveling the chance to get on before setting off.

Please get involved, we're due......

Seeing this thread popping up has me all giddy. i love the yankees each year. and yes i have a good feeling about this year.

Comment

I was a newbie last year so came to it late, and a bit of an eejit, but would happily put myself forward

Comment

Decent price yankee for me would be.

Gold Cup- Native River
        Triumph- Apple Shakira
        X Country- Cause of Causes(obviously)
        Foxhunters- Burning Ambition

Comment

Well done Ista.

Comment

After last years performance (when I got involved!?!) - our expectations are pretty low!

Comment

Originally posted by Leman14 View Post
              After last years performance (when I got involved!?!) - our expectations are pretty low!
              And me I nominate anyone else but me

Comment

Originally posted by ryanh97 View Post
                And me I nominate anyone else but me
                I'm with Leman and Ryan on this haha, not me this year, unless of course you like losing your money

Comment

Nice one Isty, someone had to pull the trigger, I think those chosing the Yankees last year were newer members who hadn't selected before, that seemed to work out well, save somebody getting it in the neck twice

Comment

In the nicest possible way, the best captains are the ones who are undecided and have no axe to grind. I used to do industrial quantities of pub quizzes and was pretty good but hated being captain because the best players have absolute confidence in their own answer even when they're wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMcGoldrick View Post
                      Nice one Isty, someone had to pull the trigger, I think those chosing the Yankees last year were newer members who hadn't selected before, that seemed to work out well, save somebody getting it in the neck twice
                      Haha I don't think anybody got it in the neck!

I do agree new members getting to be the captains is a nice idea though again.

We could utilise the polls too

Comment

I nominate Scooby for one of the captains.
                        I’d love to know what a mythical Yankee of his best Exchange priced good things would pay!
                        I’ve enjoyed reading his long odds tactical approach, just from memory he must have a fair few leading contenders at triple digits.

Comment

Originally posted by Brital View Post
                          I nominate Scooby for one of the captains.
                          I’d love to know what a mythical Yankee of his best Exchange priced good things would pay!
                          I’ve enjoyed reading his long odds tactical approach, just from memory he must have a fair few leading contenders at triple digits.
                          I second this conpletely if Scooby fancies it

Comment

I wouldnt mind doing one of the days this year if you need another volunteer lads

Comment

MoM, SeanRock and Folski all new this year too ...?

Comment

Working...
                              X