Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2018 Bookie Specials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
    So, as ryan demands As the treble is only 13.58/1 best price I trhought I'd have look at some distances etc...

Buveur D'air's wins have been by (as decimal)
    1.75L over John Constable, Jockey messing around?
    2.25L over The New One
    3.5L over Irving
    5L Over My Tent Or Yours - Grade 1 Aintree Hurdke
    4.5L Over MTOY - Champion Hurdle
    1.5L over Rayvin Black - jockey messing around
    2.25L - over Gino Trail in a CHASE
    3.25L over Cloudy Dream in a CHASE
    0.25L This was actually a neck over Petit Mouchoir G1 at Aintree
    7L over Breath of BLighty
    11L over Wait For Me

Average of 3.8 lengths for Buveur D'air

Altior's wins have been by (as decimal)
    8L over Special Tiara G1 at Sandown
    6L over Cloudy Dream G1 Arkle
    13L over Fox Norton
    18L over Marracudja
    6L over Charbel G1 at Sandown
    63L over Black Corton (2 runner race)
    7L over Min G1 Supreme
    13L over Open Eagle
    0.5L over Maputo - strongly ridden out - novice hurdle trial
    1.25L over ch'tibello - stroingly ridden out - novice hurdle
    34L over Murray Mount

Average of 15.4 lengths for Altior

Might Bite's wins have been by (as decimal)
    1L over DOuble Shuffle G1 King George
    8L over Frodon
    2L over Whisper at Aintree G1
    Nose over WHisper - (Chelt) idling when veered right 1f out, headed final 130yds, ran on again final 90yds, led final stride
    30L over Gorran Haven
    14L over Premier Bond
    8L over Simply A Legend
    1L over Souriyan - (Chelt) hung right and idled after last, joined final 120yds, ran on again to assert nearing
    15L over Royalraise

Average of 8.7 lengths for Might Bite

What can we summarise? Obviously the value of each of those distances is incredibly unstable, as they range from horses optimum conditions to almost pointless bits of form, and some of the defeats may well be better form than some of the wins etc - however it does show that on average all 3 of the horses are over the 2L mark... which would be a positive?

You'd DEFINITELY worry that Might Bite has NOT hit the critera on 2 of the occasions that were at Cheltenham though, although the RSA win if he didn't idle would have been miles over 2L! Big IF though!

A look back at the last 10 years for each of the races (again, hard to put a value on the relevance of this BUT...)
    Champion Hurdle - won by:
    4.5, 4.5, 1.5, 0.25, 2.5, 3.75, 1.25, 3.5, 0.25, 1
    Average 2.3L

Champion Chase - won by:
    0.1, 3.5, 1.25, 6, 19, 1.25, 5, 6, 7, 19
    Average 6.8L

Gold Cup - won by:
    2.75, 4.5, 1.5, 0.25, 7, 2.25, 7, 7, 13, 7, 2.5

Summary of that....

50% of the last 10 CH's would have qualified
    70% of the last 10 CC's would have qualified
    80% of the last 10 GC's would have qualfied.

I suppose first things first is you need to be confident all 3 will win

To be perfectly honest, I don't know how useful this information is, but because I've spent 28 minutes on it I am much more inclined to have the bet than I was 30 minutes ago!

Legend Kev. Superb stuff.

Comment

I rest my case Kev , you should be on the staff at the Racing post , OR " are you Tom Segal in disguise "

Comment

Great work that Kev

Comment

Cracking info Kev

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
            So, as ryan demands As the treble is only 13.58/1 best price I trhought I'd have look at some distances etc...

Buveur D'air's wins have been by (as decimal)
            1.75L over John Constable, Jockey messing around?
            2.25L over The New One
            3.5L over Irving
            5L Over My Tent Or Yours - Grade 1 Aintree Hurdke
            4.5L Over MTOY - Champion Hurdle
            1.5L over Rayvin Black - jockey messing around
            2.25L - over Gino Trail in a CHASE
            3.25L over Cloudy Dream in a CHASE
            0.25L This was actually a neck over Petit Mouchoir G1 at Aintree
            7L over Breath of BLighty
            11L over Wait For Me

Average of 3.8 lengths for Buveur D'air

Altior's wins have been by (as decimal)
            8L over Special Tiara G1 at Sandown
            6L over Cloudy Dream G1 Arkle
            13L over Fox Norton
            18L over Marracudja
            6L over Charbel G1 at Sandown
            63L over Black Corton (2 runner race)
            7L over Min G1 Supreme
            13L over Open Eagle
            0.5L over Maputo - strongly ridden out - novice hurdle trial
            1.25L over ch'tibello - stroingly ridden out - novice hurdle
            34L over Murray Mount

Average of 15.4 lengths for Altior

Might Bite's wins have been by (as decimal)
            1L over DOuble Shuffle G1 King George
            8L over Frodon
            2L over Whisper at Aintree G1
            Nose over WHisper - (Chelt) idling when veered right 1f out, headed final 130yds, ran on again final 90yds, led final stride
            30L over Gorran Haven
            14L over Premier Bond
            8L over Simply A Legend
            1L over Souriyan - (Chelt) hung right and idled after last, joined final 120yds, ran on again to assert nearing
            15L over Royalraise

Average of 8.7 lengths for Might Bite

What can we summarise? Obviously the value of each of those distances is incredibly unstable, as they range from horses optimum conditions to almost pointless bits of form, and some of the defeats may well be better form than some of the wins etc - however it does show that on average all 3 of the horses are over the 2L mark... which would be a positive?

You'd DEFINITELY worry that Might Bite has NOT hit the critera on 2 of the occasions that were at Cheltenham though, although the RSA win if he didn't idle would have been miles over 2L! Big IF though!

A look back at the last 10 years for each of the races (again, hard to put a value on the relevance of this BUT...)
            Champion Hurdle - won by:
            4.5, 4.5, 1.5, 0.25, 2.5, 3.75, 1.25, 3.5, 0.25, 1
            Average 2.3L

Champion Chase - won by:
            0.1, 3.5, 1.25, 6, 19, 1.25, 5, 6, 7, 19
            Average 6.8L

Gold Cup - won by:
            2.75, 4.5, 1.5, 0.25, 7, 2.25, 7, 7, 13, 7, 2.5

Summary of that....

50% of the last 10 CH's would have qualified
            70% of the last 10 CC's would have qualified
            80% of the last 10 GC's would have qualfied.

I suppose first things first is you need to be confident all 3 will win

To be perfectly honest, I don't know how useful this information is, but because I've spent 28 minutes on it I am much more inclined to have the bet than I was 30 minutes ago!
            Only just seen this Kev. Cracking work. You’ve excelled yourself.

Comment

Altior to win the CC by 4+ lengths 11:4

Altior(CC) and Native River (GC) both to win 14/1

Both with Skybet

Comment

Altior boosted to evens with Skybet NRNB

Comment

William Hill - 28 Days to go

Getabird (Supreme), Buveur D'air (CHurdle), Apples Jade (Mares) & Might Bite (GC) - all to win @ 28/1
                  (Would be 24/1 separately)

Comment

Skybet - 10+ winning favourites @ 4/1 from 2/1

Comment

Coral - Footpad and Laurina both to win @ 4/1. Around 3/1 elsewhere

Comment

Not so much a special, but a Request-A-Bet on SkyBet - P Nicholls to have 3 or more winners 8/1 - Now, initially I sat there thinking that is a pretty poor price, probably wanted at least another 6pts on top of that before considering it, then I decided to take a look at his potential list of runners for the festival (in no particular order):

Frodon - Currently about 11th in the betting of the Ryanair though I suspect at least 5 or 6 ahead of him currently will not run in this race anyway, and although would need to improve must go with a chance of some sort after his latest facile success over c&d.

Movewiththetimes - Being owned by JP a few members on here fancied this horse early on as a potential handicap plot, and that could still be on the agenda, currently in the betting in a few races at the festival, including the Close Brothers Handicap on day 1.

Black Corton - Probably has it all to do in the RSA, but a model of consistency this season and wouldn't be the biggest shock if he ran a big race.

Diego Du Charmil - Be surprised if he goes for the Arkle, as looked well held by the current 3rd favourite for that race, but is fairly handicapped and has festival form, will likely go with a solid chance, I suspect down the handicap route, for whichever race he contests.

Connetable - I'm actually surprised he is as big as he is for the Pertemps, but does have a knack for finding at least one too good, looks as though handicapper has his measure, but is consistent enough.

Old Guard & Topofthegame - Both entered in the Coral Cup and for me both with big chances. The former is also entered in the Stayers' but I'll be surprised if he goes down that route having been held by a couple this season that are more prominent in the betting for that race.

Politologue - Has it all to do to even get close to Altior in the Champion Chase, but stranger things have happened over time!

Act Of Valour & Sao - Two very well thought of juveniles, both likely to go with big chances in the Fred Winter, many on the forum are already on at least one of them already, but maybe one of Nicholls' stronger chances of a win during the festival.

Modus - Support, after his win at the weekend, in the JLT, and must go with a fair chance, given how the opposition is now looking fairly weak with some expected runners to take up engagements in the RSA as opposed to here at the festival.

Wonderful Charm, Pacha Du Polder, Virak & Caid Du Berlais - Probably Nicholls' best chance of a winner at the festival comes in the Foxhunters where he looks to have a strong hand. The 5/1 SkyBet Request-A-Bet for him to train the winner of this race is certainly a bet worth taking IMO.

Other horses: Cyrname, Capitaine, Clan Des Obeaux, Romain De Senam, Le Prezien, Bouvreuil, Divin Bere, Saphir De Rheu, Dolos & San Benedeto are just some of the others he has to play his hand with, some of which look well handicapped to increase his chance of having that 3 or more winners for this bet to come off!

Just my thoughts on his current crop, and whilst I would have liked to have had a bigger price, but as I don't actually have many of his covered yet I thought I'd go in on the 8/1 for small stakes.

I will certainly be making notes of the handicap horses that find money coming for them when all weights are out and the week before the festival kicks off.

Comment

Not specifically Chelt related but Sky are doing a promotion where you get a free bet for every five bets you place, so five x £50 bets and you get a free £50 bet, this is up to a max of five free bets.
                          So stake £1250 and get £250 in free bets, thought that was OK....

Comment

Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
                            Not specifically Chelt related but Sky are doing a promotion where you get a free bet for every five bets you place, so five x £50 bets and you get a free £50 bet, this is up to a max of five free bets.
                            So stake £1250 and get £250 in free bets, thought that was OK....
                            Thanks Ista, that's right up my street

Where is it though on their website?
                            Last edited by Rhinestone_Cowboy; 14 February 2018, 08:00 PM.

Comment

I love the Skybet £25 money back as a free bet on the first race of every day. What systems do they have to prevent multiple accounts? Is there anything stopping me getting a few of my mates to open accounts and place bets on my behalf? I assume they have to use their own bank card, but other than that is there anything else I am missing? Ie, tracking the device/IP you log in from etc

Comment

Originally posted by Rhinestone_Cowboy View Post
                                Thanks Ista, that's right up my street

Where is it though on their website?
                                Skybet don’t always have the same offers for all customers - I don’t have the offer Ista has but have The Cheltenham bonus builder instead - which a number of my mates with Skybet accounts don’t have.

Comment

Working...
                                X