Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Davy Russell rides at the 2018 festival

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
    Where are the odds for that toffee?

What odds is Jack Kennedy? He has the rides on Apple's Jade and Samcro so I can see him being ahead of Ruby before the RSA starts... and Ruby I am not expecting to have a fantastic Wednesday?
    Only WilliamHill have odds at the moment:

Ruby 1/2
    Geraghty 5/1
    Jack 7/1
    Davy 12/1
    D Jacob 16/1
    Townend 20/1
    Nico 25/1

Comment

Originally posted by Toffees View Post
      No confirmations yet, and you never know what will happen between here and March, Monalee could easily rock on to the JLT if Davy think PP has the beating of him.
      Absolutely, but as things stand, all the signs point to PP and Monalee going head to head in the RSA.

Comment

Originally posted by Toffees View Post
        Only WilliamHill have odds at the moment:

Ruby 1/2
        Geraghty 5/1
        Jack 7/1
        Davy 12/1
        D Jacob 16/1
        Townend 20/1
        Nico 25/1
        That stands out to me... I'm taking it that Apple's Jade and Samcro are bankers.... but he will have a ride in every handicap he can, and in every chase for Gigginstown? ... he proved he can win on an "outsider" in Labaik....

I expect at least 2
        I would be confident of 3
        Hopeful of 4... which would give him a good chance?

Then again..... Ruby is 1/2 and has won it 9 out of the last 10 years... with no sign of weakness in his mounts.

Maybe 1/2 is buying money

Comment

That stands out to me... I'm taking it that Apple's Jade and Samcro are bankers.... but he will have a ride in every handicap he can, and in every chase for Gigginstown? ... he proved he can win on an "outsider" in Labaik....

I expect at least 2
          I would be confident of 3
          Hopeful of 4... which would give him a good chance?

Then again..... Ruby is 1/2 and has won it 9 out of the last 10 years... with no sign of weakness in his mounts.

Maybe 1/2 is buying money
          Haha maybe so but they were years that Willie was dominating. Id lay 1/2 if I had the chance anyway

Comment

I like Jack at 7/1 there. Ruby doesn't have the 'certainties' he has had in previous years

Comment

Originally posted by charlie View Post
              I like Jack at 7/1 there. Ruby doesn't have the 'certainties' he has had in previous years
              Getabird, Footpad, Laurina, UDS, Hollowgraphic/Blackbow are his likely "favourites" -

Will look like being 2nd fav on Faugheen, Min, Next Destination, Let's Dance/BDD, Inviation Only/ABP...

Some interesting other runners? Killultagh Vic perhaps, Stormy Ireland, Yorkhill/Douvan?

I definitely would NOT lay it ..... however probably not as strong on paper as other years?

100% has more strength in depth than any other jockey though.... as Jack isn't Elliott's number 1 for every horse... and therefore neither is Davy..... and Barry doesn't have the depth in terms of rides because he always rides for JP...

Comment

Ruby a no brainer, just wish I had the nerve to stick all me money on it, although where is the fun in that...

Comment

Would be interesting if Davy got booked for hunters call, I,ve already backed hc for county but just thinking who will he use.

Comment

Getabird, Footpad, Laurina, UDS, Hollowgraphic/Blackbow are his likely "favourites" -

Will look like being 2nd fav on Faugheen, Min, Next Destination, Let's Dance/BDD, Inviation Only/ABP...

Some interesting other runners? Killultagh Vic perhaps, Stormy Ireland, Yorkhill/Douvan?

I definitely would NOT lay it ..... however probably not as strong on paper as other years?

100% has more strength in depth than any other jockey though.... as Jack isn't Elliott's number 1 for every horse... and therefore neither is Davy..... and Barry doesn't have the depth in terms of rides because he always rides for JP...
                    Daryl on footpad ?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Vic View Post
                      Daryl on footpad ?
                      Jacob has been quoted as being on Sceau Royal and Ruby for Footpad. Fortunately

Not his choice

Comment

Does anyone have any doubts over Ruby's race fitness? Targets for a return get put back each week and we are probably looking at him returning, at most, 14 days before Cheltenham. Will he really be at the top of his game with such a short reintroduction?

Comment

Originally posted by giantchelsea View Post
                          Does anyone have any doubts over Ruby's race fitness? Targets for a return get put back each week and we are probably looking at him returning, at most, 14 days before Cheltenham. Will he really be at the top of his game with such a short reintroduction?
                          I'm surprised more has not been made of this. Even if Ruby was only 70% he wouldn't tell anyone because no jockey on the planet wants to miss Cheltenham.

Comment

Originally posted by giantchelsea View Post
                            Yeah, however I'd also think he's that little bit better than anyone else that it shouldn't matter too much. Nothing noticable.

If Getabird and Footpad don't strike it could be a long old week though?

Comment

I'm surprised more has not been made of this. Even if Ruby was only 70% he wouldn't tell anyone because no jockey on the planet wants to miss Cheltenham.
                              Come back earlier and you risk a ban....

Comment

Yeah, however I'd also think he's that little bit better than anyone else that it shouldn't matter too much. Nothing noticable.

If Getabird and Footpad don't strike it could be a long old week though?
                                I know these jump jockeys are one tough lot but for me this is a pretty interesting pre Cheltenham story that seems to be slipping under the radar, especially when it was intimated he would be fine for the Dublin Racing Festival over two weeks ago.

The problem from a punting perspective is that it is impossible to quantify the effect a jockey has on the result of a race and then how things will pan out if said jockey is only 95%. But I don't think I'd be lumping on Ruby at odds on to be top jock.

Comment

Working...
                                X