Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Martin Pipe 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am on Minds Eye for this (thankfully NRNB) but they have dropped him in trip tomorrow. Gigginstown usually throw a half decent one at this race but it seems it might not be this one. That said he doesn't appear to be quoted for the County.

Comment

Originally posted by kinloch brae View Post
      I am on Minds Eye for this (thankfully NRNB) but they have dropped him in trip tomorrow. Gigginstown usually throw a half decent one at this race but it seems it might not be this one. That said he doesn't appear to be quoted for the County.
      If Minds Eye runs half decent tomorrow it will go here and I believe will go very close at fest. 16s NRNB with 365

Comment

Originally posted by Geordieboy83 View Post
        If Minds Eye runs half decent tomorrow it will go here and I believe will go very close at fest. 16s NRNB with 365
        That's what I have taken but what makes you think having gone down in trip they will go back up again?

Comment

Sure I read it somewhere that that was the plan. Will try and find it

Comment

Very, very strange tactics with Minds Eye today. The horse isn't a front runner but they try and make all in the kind of race which is never won by a horse that makes all. Run at complete odds with the way he was supported.

Hardly the best preparation if they intend to go here.

Comment

Originally posted by kinloch brae View Post
              Very, very strange tactics with Minds Eye today. The horse isn't a front runner but they try and make all in the kind of race which is never won by a horse that makes all. Run at complete odds with the way he was supported.

Hardly the best preparation if they intend to go here.
              Wouldnt be fiddling with the horse would they? Didnt back it , but thought it was rather strange tactic.

Comment

I thought Deal D'estruval ran an eye catching race yesterday in the Coral Hurdle, coming second behind Off You Go.

I wasn't overly impressed with his debut at Tramore but he seemed to come on a lot yesterday and ran a really encouraging race, travelled through the race very nicely.

He ran off 127 yesterday so you'd have to hope that the handicapper takes a strong view of the race and gives him a good increase to maybe squeeze into the bottom of the weights. The Martin Pipe 135+ the last 2 years) compared to what has generally been a higher mark needed in the Coral Cup with a mark of 136+ last year and 139+ in 2016 needed to run. Interestingly he is entered up in another race this Thursday and although coming very soon after this, I wonder if they will take up the run if he has come out of the weekend well?

The horse got a decent mention in One Jump Ahead this year:

Despite racing three times over hurdles during the Spring earlier this year, the four year old is described as still being backward and a real chaser in the making. From the same source as Burrows Saint, namely Guillaume Macaire, he finished fourth and third on his first two races at Lyon (2m and 2m2). Only beaten half a length at Fontainebleau (2m1 very soft) last time in Mid April, the Balko gelding was acquired in June. His experience will stand him in good stead.
                I think it's noteworthy he was entered up in all the grade 1 novice hurdle races at Cheltenham which shows they must think highly of the horse. I also noted Joe Chambers tweet yesterday:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Stunning day’s racing. <br>The crowd round the paddock for the hurdle race will live long. F ran better, spring time can’t come soon enough, we’ll plough on.<br>Min was very professional, first time since we owned him that he got a lead (I think).<br>Deal is the future. <br>On to tomorrow.</p>&mdash; Joe Chambers (@chambers2_joe) <a href="https://twitter.com/chambers2_joe/status/959879473167523840?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 3, 2018</a></blockquote>
                <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

=> Deal is the future <=

Now on first look the Coral Cup would probably be the first race you'd think of? However i'd be more inclined to look at the Martin Pipe for the horse as his profile looks better for that race plus he'd probably have more chance of getting into that race. Plus if he is that well thought of by connections, and is considered as a real chasing in the making than this race would seem the logical fit. Mullins has a strong record in the race winning it in 2015 with Killultagh Vic, 2014 with Don Poli and Sir Des Champs in 2011. If you look at the past winners of the race:

Champagne Classic
                Ibis du Rheu
                Killultagh Vic
                Don Poli
                Salubrious
                Attaglance
                Sire des Champs

They've all gone onto become strong staying chases, notably the Mullins winners.

I've requested him to be added in both the Martin Pipe, Coral and Any Race markets

Comment

Originally posted by jono View Post
                  I thought Deal D'estruval ran an eye catching race yesterday in the Coral Hurdle, coming second behind Off You Go.

I wasn't overly impressed with his debut at Tramore but he seemed to come on a lot yesterday and ran a really encouraging race, travelled through the race very nicely.

He ran off 127 yesterday so you'd have to hope that the handicapper takes a strong view of the race and gives him a good increase to maybe squeeze into the bottom of the weights. The Martin Pipe 135+ the last 2 years) compared to what has generally been a higher mark needed in the Coral Cup with a mark of 136+ last year and 139+ in 2016 needed to run. Interestingly he is entered up in another race this Thursday and although coming very soon after this, I wonder if they will take up the run if he has come out of the weekend well?

The horse got a decent mention in One Jump Ahead this year:

I think it's noteworthy he was entered up in all the grade 1 novice hurdle races at Cheltenham which shows they must think highly of the horse. I also noted Joe Chambers tweet yesterday:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Stunning day’s racing. <br>The crowd round the paddock for the hurdle race will live long. F ran better, spring time can’t come soon enough, we’ll plough on.<br>Min was very professional, first time since we owned him that he got a lead (I think).<br>Deal is the future. <br>On to tomorrow.</p>— Joe Chambers (@chambers2_joe) <a href="https://twitter.com/chambers2_joe/status/959879473167523840?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 3, 2018</a></blockquote>
                  <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

=> Deal is the future <=

Now on first look the Coral Cup would probably be the first race you'd think of? However i'd be more inclined to look at the Martin Pipe for the horse as his profile looks better for that race plus he'd probably have more chance of getting into that race. Plus if he is that well thought of by connections, and is considered as a real chasing in the making than this race would seem the logical fit. Mullins has a strong record in the race winning it in 2015 with Killultagh Vic, 2014 with Don Poli and Sir Des Champs in 2011. If you look at the past winners of the race:

Champagne Classic
                  Ibis du Rheu
                  Killultagh Vic
                  Don Poli
                  Salubrious
                  Attaglance
                  Sire des Champs

They've all gone onto become strong staying chases, notably the Mullins winners.

I've requested him to be added in both the Martin Pipe, Coral and Any Race markets
                  Thats some excellent analysis there
                  Good shout!

Comment

Yeah I like that jono. Let us know the prices you get...

Comment

So far 10's any race has been offered, 12/1 Martin Pipe and 14/1 Coral Cup. None of those prices interest me enough right now

Comment

Superb write up that; have we heard anywhere if he’s likely to be on the boat over?

Comment

Originally posted by jono View Post
                          So far 10's any race has been offered, 12/1 Martin Pipe and 14/1 Coral Cup. None of those prices interest me enough right now
                          He's priced up NRNB for the Supreme at around 20s annoyingly enough.

Have you/anyone requested him on the exchanges?

Comment

I got William Hills to add him to their market

Comment

Originally posted by FaugheenTheMachine View Post
                              I got William Hills to add him to their market
                              14/1 hmm... best so far...

Better a 7/1 winner than a 14/1 running in the wrong race?

Comment

I’ll try and get him into the Skybet market a sneaky way and ask for two bigger name horses alongside him hoping they don’t work out which one we want priced!

Comment

Working...
                                X