Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Martin Pipe 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by archie View Post
    Ratings on the BHA database updated on Tuesday mornings.
    Cheers, will help a lot these next few weeks

Comment

I use this for the UK:

For Ireland (usually updated Mondays):

Comment

Perfect, thanks. Won't be much work getting done today

Comment

My 1st bet for this race.
          Delta work 20/1 ew 1/4
          https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
          Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
            My 1st bet for this race.
            Delta work 20/1 ew 1/4
            Expecting him to run in the 2m6 race at Leopardstown?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
              Expecting him to run in the 2m6 race at Leopardstown?
              I'm not sure.
              I actually cashed out. I want to see the weights and entries. And I don't think hes one that's going to catch the imagination and shorten right up.
              https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
              Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

Black Op given 150, fair old hike that. Ballymore or Bartlett it is

Comment

Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                  I'm not sure.
                  I actually cashed out. I want to see the weights and entries. And I don't think hes one that's going to catch the imagination and shorten right up.
                  Fair enough.

One of only 2 races (Brown Plate the other) that I am yet to have a bet in!

Mullins has 3 winners from the brief history in this race, anyone got an idea who he'll be lining up?

A race to look at potential jockey bookings in? J.Bowen? M.Bastyn? B.Frost?

Comment

Do we think Momella will end up here or the Coral Cup?

I was optimistic that Skelton might give a steer in the Racing Post but he seemed happier to list the more 'obvious' horses. Perhaps that was an indirect plus?

Presumably, she is currently waiting for better ground?

Comment

Originally posted by kinloch brae View Post

I was optimistic that Skelton might give a steer in the Racing Post but he seemed happier to list the more 'obvious' horses. Perhaps that was an indirect plus?

Rated 142 now... cracking Cheltenham form .... might depend on whether Harry Skelton wants/will get the ride?

16/1 NRNB for both... certainly gone straight to the top of my shortlist

Comment

Funnily enough , i put this bet on today , 25-1 hills. for this race .

Comment

I got Hills to add Diese Des Bieffes to their market for this and have duly added him to my book at 20/1. Off a lovely mark of 137 and with Mitch Bastyan on top this is the obvious race for him to take in at the festival and his form is pretty rock solid

Comment

After her win before Xmas, Skelton said the target was the Mares race at Fairyhouse, so it was likely they’d miss Cheltenham all together - not seen anything since to say there,s any change to that plan.

“Momella paid a handsome compliment to On The Blind Side when winning a mares’ handicap hurdle at Cheltenham last Saturday against more experienced rivals.

She is likely to be entered in both the Mares race and the Festival’s two-mile novice event for mares, the Trull House Stud Dawn Run. However, trainer Dan Skelton favours bypassing both contests in favour of a 2m4f Fairyhouse Grade One later that same month.”
                            Last edited by Cashew King; 1 February 2018, 07:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cashew King View Post
                              After her win before Xmas, Skelton said the target was the Mares race at Fairyhouse, so it was likely they’d miss Cheltenham all together - not seen anything since to say there,s any change to that plan.

“Momella paid a handsome compliment to On The Blind Side when winning a mares’ handicap hurdle at Cheltenham last Saturday against more experienced rivals.

She is likely to be entered in both the Mares race and the Festival’s two-mile novice event for mares, the Trull House Stud Dawn Run. However, trainer Dan Skelton favours bypassing both contests in favour of a 2m4f Fairyhouse Grade One later that same month.”
                              Thanks.

I haven't, but if you have taken the 25/1 then if we take that plan at face value it seems you haven't lost your money.

That said it does sound like a massively optimistic plan given that she will have been off the track for four months and will probably need to find 10-14lbs. If they think she is a genuine Grade 1 horse then why not try and exploit the handicap mark first? There are plenty of winnable mares races out there.

Comment

Thanks.

I haven't, but if you have taken the 25/1 then if we take that plan at face value it seems you haven't lost your money.

That said it does sound like a massively optimistic plan given that she will have been off the track for four months and will probably need to find 10-14lbs. If they think she is a genuine Grade 1 horse then why not try and exploit the handicap mark first? There are plenty of winnable mares races out there.
                                I agree. I am quite surprised by the comments. As a bit of a target trainer, or a chap who certainly knows how to "lay one out" for the festival, the fact he hasn't mentioned it would be a negative. He doesn't usually hide anything, if he thinks one is well handicapped he'll say?

Comment

Working...
                                X