Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Martin Pipe 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good word from NH & Nico for Stowaway Magic last night will he run here?? 33/1 nrnb seems a good price

Comment

• Carter McKay and Sandsend heading here according to one of the previews last night. Going to have both onside given mullins' record in the race, both have decent profiles and form for this

Comment

• Happy to read this. (I want him onside wherever he goes but) I'll be incredibly keen on him for this race if he is able to sneak in what will likely be one of the bottom weights. Off 136 he is going to be cutting it fine. Entries in this race (136 may sneak in), Coral (think that'll be too low), County (could well be his best chance of getting in a race though I am keen for a step up in trip) and interestingly they still have the entry in the Albert Bartlett (a good sign, for this race that they see him as a stayer)

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Mullins was quick to nominate Deal D&#39;Estruval as his best chance in the handicaps, saying he&#39;s on a nice mark for whatever race he gets into <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/mullinsstabletour?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw ">#mullinsstabletour</a> <a href="https://t.co/FtE3fPr2mI">pic.twitter.com/FtE3fPr2mI</a></p>&mdash; Weekender (@RPWeekender) <a href="https://twitter.com/RPWeekender/status/971005475671044097?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 6, 2018</a></blockquote>
        <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Comment

• Blow By Blow also pleasing Elliott and confirmed for this

Comment

• Is Dell Arca the only Pipe horse likely to get in ?

I know he is qualified for Pertemps and Cheltenham form not encouraging but has the feeling of something that might have looked obvious after the event.

Comment

• Just reinvested my Hunter Call refund. Had Stowaway Magic @ 33/1 1pt win for this. Not sure it will be fancied by many here & his form is nothing amazing. But Hend & Nico said he is coming here & he came back over hurdles in his last race and had a good race Nico said he would have a chance. Plus the money was burning a hole in my account and I did not have a running in this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Old Vic View Post
                Is Dell Arca the only Pipe horse likely to get in ?

I know he is qualified for Pertemps and Cheltenham form not encouraging but has the feeling of something that might have looked obvious after the event.
                Is Mr Big Shot likely to get in

Comment

• Originally posted by Sirbetalot View Post
                  Just reinvested my Hunter Call refund. Had Stowaway Magic @ 33/1 1pt win for this. Not sure it will be fancied by many here & his form is nothing amazing. But Hend & Nico said he is coming here & he came back over hurdles in his last race and had a good race Nico said he would have a chance. Plus the money was burning a hole in my account and I did not have a running in this.
                  You should have put it on Sandsend

Comment

• Originally posted by Montelado View Post
                    Is Mr Big Shot likely to get in
                    Is the 25/1 still there? He won't be that if he did get in. Difficult to predict as many will go elsewhere or not run. Probably odds against but still a better chance than Flawless Escape.

Comment

• I haven't bought in to Flawless Escape at all...

Has anyone on here made a case for him? I haven't seen much about him at all, and he's single figures and going one way

Comment

• I can only imagine Mr Big Shot has been tipped up somewhere because oddschecker is a sea of blue. At this rate if he got in he would be near enough favourite. Given his absence one of the more interesting gambles.

Comment

• BLOW BY BLOW

7yo ch g (1-32161)

Robin Des Champs - Shean Rose

It was good to see him win a Grade 3 at Clonmel the last day and he seems to be getting his act together. He’ll go for the Martin Pipe. I suppose in general he has been a bit disappointing as he looked a very good bumper horse, but the fast pace over there will suit him and he is going the right away again now.

I see he already has the market leader in Flawless Escape and Sire Du Berlais has been well backed, but 20/1 for BBB is a big price in this isn't it?
                          Last edited by Kevloaf; 9 March 2018, 10:16 PM.

Comment

• FLAXEN FLARE

9yo ch g (3U-2320P)

Windsor Knot - Golden Angel

He just doesn’t have the heart for jumping fences and he’ll go back over hurdles in the Martin Pipe. He has been in very good form at home and he could be a lively outsider in that.

I'm actually really interested in this horse at 50/1 NRNB with Betfair. Elliott had the fav in The Storyteller last year, ended up with Runfordave placing 3rd off 140. I know ovbviously Gordon likes the race, but do the owners want a winner? Or is the coincedence?

Flaxen Flare is rated 143 for the race... Festival form reads:
                            2013 - 1st - Fred Winter
                            2014 - 5th - County Hurdle
                            Missed the next few with a 236 day break, a win at cork then a 689 day break

Chasing obviously not for him, but he's definitely going to get in... and purely on the basis he's been 1st and 5th before... 50/1 is a big price? Trainer knows what he's doing...

ANyone else like him? I wihs it was 5 places, I'd definitely have a bet

I might anyway! 50/1 I don't need loads of reasons

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                              FLAXEN FLARE

9yo ch g (3U-2320P)

Windsor Knot - Golden Angel

He just doesn’t have the heart for jumping fences and he’ll go back over hurdles in the Martin Pipe. He has been in very good form at home and he could be a lively outsider in that.

I'm actually really interested in this horse at 50/1 NRNB with Betfair. Elliott had the fav in The Storyteller last year, ended up with Runfordave placing 3rd off 140. I know ovbviously Gordon likes the race, but do the owners want a winner? Or is the coincedence?

Flaxen Flare is rated 143 for the race... Festival form reads:
                              2013 - 1st - Fred Winter
                              2014 - 5th - County Hurdle
                              Missed the next few with a 236 day break, a win at cork then a 689 day break

Chasing obviously not for him, but he's definitely going to get in... and purely on the basis he's been 1st and 5th before... 50/1 is a big price? Trainer knows what he's doing...

ANyone else like him? I wihs it was 5 places, I'd definitely have a bet

I might anyway! 50/1 I don't need loads of reasons
                              A fair chance Kev. If you took that seasonal debut over hurdles literally (I know it's dangerous but it's his only hurdle form line this season) where he was only beat 11 lengths by Apple's Jade off levels you would have to say 143 he could be chucked in now going back over hurdles, how would most of this lot do against AJ off levels?

All of his better performances have been over the Martin Pipe distance so another positive.

You don't need many reasons to back a 50/1 shot, and I see enough positives here.

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                                A fair chance Kev. If you took that seasonal debut over hurdles literally (I know it's dangerous but it's his only hurdle form line this season) where he was only beat 11 lengths by Apple's Jade off levels you would have to say 143 he could be chucked in now going back over hurdles, how would most of this lot do against AJ off levels?

All of his better performances have been over the Martin Pipe distance so another positive.

You don't need many reasons to back a 50/1 shot, and I see enough positives here.
                                To be honest I think I've been lured in my the analysis that was done on the level stakes profit you'd make backing previous festival winners. 50/1 is a big price...albeit he won 5 years ago.

It isn't putting people off backing Cue Card though and he's a 10 times shorter...he last won at the festival the same year ... although obviously has done better in between

I've had 0.5 pts e/w for now. will add another 0.5 pts when I see some enhanced place terms maybe

Comment

Working...
                                X