Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Martin Pipe 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Martin Pipe 2018

Apologies if there is already a thread, I did look but couldn’t spot one!

We all know that Elliott loves this race, he won it last year with his 2nd choice when every preview night was throwing up The Storyteller prior to his withdrawal.

I’m convinced Poli Roi is a better horse than he is currently showing.

Skybet have given 16/1 NRNB, I can’t see him going off a bigger price than that if he ended up there on the day.

I had it in mind before his last run, so watched him and it was a good enough run to make me put him up NRNB.

Any thoughts/opinions?

Originally posted by cpfcpatriot View Post

We all know that Elliott loves this race, he won it last year with his 2nd choice when every preview night was throwing up The Storyteller prior to his withdrawal.

Skybet have given 16/1 NRNB, I can’t see him going off a bigger price than that if he ended up there on the day.

I had it in mind before his last run, so watched him and it was a good enough run to make me put him up NRNB.

Any thoughts/opinions?
    Was on my list. Unlikely to make it now made a noise after his last race as posted by someone else before,
    I'd be assuming he misses the festival all together. Unless he just needs his pallet cauterised. But sounds worse, so probably a hobday and out for 12 weeks or so.

It's nrnb anyway so .........

My previous main fancy runs today diesse des bieffes. I'd be assuming that's the martin pipe dream over
    Last edited by Scooby91; 13 January 2018, 06:32 AM.
    https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
    Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
      Was on my list. Unlikely to make it now made a noise after his last race as posted by someone else before,
      I'd be assuming he misses the festival all together. Unless he just needs his pallet cauterised. But sounds worse, so probably a hobday and out for 12 weeks or so.

It's nrnb anyway so .........

My previous main fancy runs today diesse des bieffes. I'd be assuming that's the martin pipe dream over

Are you a backer of DDB today Scooby? He definitely looks like he'll improve for the step up in trip.

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
        Are you a backer of DDB today Scooby? He definitely looks like he'll improve for the step up in trip.
        I havent, i try to avoid big handicaps pre festival. Deffinately think he'll improve for the step up and he's a nice horse. When he was 8/1 ew I diddnt know if he was going here. So at current prices I can leave the race alone. As its a pretty big field and there's a few decent types in the race

Comment

Cheers Scooby. It looks a competitive race but he could be absolutely chucked in. I assume NJH will be looking at the Ballymore if he wins today?!

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
            Cheers Scooby. It looks a competitive race but he could be absolutely chucked in. I assume NJH will be looking at the Ballymore if he wins today?!
            Quite likely yes. Can't see him scraping in the MP of 140 if he won. But you never know.

Comment

I’d be fairly convinced that William Henry is a better horse than DDB at this point. Happy to be proved wrong as it will give If The Cap Fits form an even more solid look

Comment

William Henry did it well and saves my Mengli bacon

Comment

Originally posted by cpfcpatriot View Post

Any thoughts/opinions?
                  I thought he had great chance here , hope he makes it ,not heard anything from yard to say definitely misses festival.If he makes it i expect tidal wave of money for him before day and on it and he hoses up (obviously talking through my hopeful pocket lol)

Comment

Sky have Duc Des Genievres at 8/1 NRNB
                    Bet 365 have the same horse 20/1 NRNB

Any indication DDG would get in this race? Obviously the price discrepancy interested me... surely not!

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                      Sky have Duc Des Genievres at 8/1 NRNB
                      Bet 365 have the same horse 20/1 NRNB

Any indication DDG would get in this race? Obviously the price discrepancy interested me... surely not!
                      He would be my 2nd choice for this race if he doesn’t go for one of the Novice races, so eye catching last week.

Comment

The clock is ticking looks to be still on a mark of 140. He would interest me here.

Comment

Gordon Elliott has won the last two running of the 13:50 W.T. O'Grady Memorial Irish EBF Novice Hurdle today....

The Storyteller (who was fav for the Martin Pipe before getting ruled out) and Westend Star - who was beaten at the festival.

Dortmund Park has a different profile, but is he one that might end up there? On his French bumper form he has oodles of ability as has been highlighted on the forum.... and Elliott would want to win the Pipe race I'd imagine... I might request a price?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                            Gordon Elliott has won the last two running of the 13:50 W.T. O'Grady Memorial Irish EBF Novice Hurdle today....

The Storyteller (who was fav for the Martin Pipe before getting ruled out) and Westend Star - who was beaten at the festival.

Dortmund Park has a different profile, but is he one that might end up there? On his French bumper form he has oodles of ability as has been highlighted on the forum.... and Elliott would want to win the Pipe race I'd imagine... I might request a price?
                            Decent shout kev.
                            Delta work I have in mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                              Decent shout kev.
                              Delta work I have in mind.
                              Yeah I can see that....certainly a realistic target. WIll have to check whether he has anything in hand on his mark when it comes out... coming 2nd and 3rd to some good animals...

Comment

Working...
                              X