Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Martin Pipe 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cashew King View Post
    An interesting update in the Henderson blog this week:

“Despite saddling five runners in the Betfair Hurdle, sadly luck wasn’t on our side and it was LOUGH DERG SPIRIT who fared best of the quintet when finishing 6th and I was very pleased with that effort as he’d been off since early November. I can see him well capable of going up another half a mile and the Martin Pipe Conditional Jockeys’ Hurdle could be next for him.”

Can’t see it quoted yet!
    20/1 NRNB with 365 BOG 1/4 odds. Will be on within 24 hours.
    Lough Derg Spirit Rated OR 133 now.
    Last edited by Kevloaf; 16 February 2018, 09:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
      20/1 NRNB with 365 BOG 1/4 odds.
      Cheers Kev - Skybet have gone the same 20s NRNB

Comment

Looking at Hendo's best placed horses...

2009 - 1st - Andystown OR 133
        2010 - 2nd / 3rd / 5th Radium OR 131, Peveril OR 130, Lord Generous OR 135
        2011 - 3rd - First Point OR 138 (also had 11th and 12th)
        2012 - 3rd - Oscar Nominee OR 135
        2013 - 8th - Kells Bells 140 (also 13th)
        2014 - 5th One Lucky Lady OR 133 (also 8th)
        2015 - 8th - Full Shift OR 135
        2016 - PU and UR
        2017 - 5th - Thomas Campbell OR 137 and UR

The race only started in 2009, so that is all the data we have... but a pretty impressive place rate...

16 runners in total (not 100% accurate)

Placed finishes5 in the top 4 = 31.25%
        Top 5 placed Finished 8/16 = 50%
        Win rate 1 in 16 = 6.25%

I think I like the chances of Lough Derg Spirit hitting the frame and his slickness over the hurdles should be an advantage.

Comment

Backed Early doors 20/1 nrnb bog. Crying out for a step up in trip imo lightly campaigned and all over him for this. Been waiting along while for him to be added nrnb. And the price is well in line with what I was thinking. Would have a cracking chance.

Also added

le richebourg 16/1 bog nrnb. Who wants some decent ground

Whisky sour the other one to catch my eye and I like his mark but at this stage he's too short for me. Really like him though

And RED JACK
          Last edited by Scooby91; 16 February 2018, 10:32 PM.
          https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
          Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
            Backed Early doors 20/1 nrnb bog. Crying out for a step up in trip imo lightly campaigned and all over him for this. Been waiting along while for him to be added nrnb. And the price is well in line with what I was thinking. Would have a cracking chance.

Also added

le richebourg 16/1 bog nrnb. Very simular reasoning

Whisky sour the only other one to catch my eye and I like his mark but at this stage he's too short for me
            Personally wouldn't class 4 runs as lightly campaigned and his mark looks quite high at 142 compared to some others... however I backed him earlier on so I am very pleased to see you have as well. I remember Kevin Blake saying they expected a big run from him before the race Mengli Khan won and also that he'd want better ground. I thought 20/1 was too big (is too big) for the horse than went off 6/4 in the bumper that VIsion Des Flos and Hollowgraphic were 2 lengths ahead.

I've now got Early Doors and Lough Derg Spirit e/w both 20s

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
              Personally wouldn't class 4 runs as lightly campaigned and his mark looks quite high at 142 compared to some others... however I backed him earlier on so I am very pleased to see you have as well. I remember Kevin Blake saying they expected a big run from him before the race Mengli Khan won and also that he'd want better ground. I thought 20/1 was too big (is too big) for the horse than went off 6/4 in the bumper that VIsion Des Flos and Hollowgraphic were 2 lengths ahead.

I've now got Early Doors and Lough Derg Spirit e/w both 20s
              Early doors mark is 140 in Ireland thats lenient to my eye. I'm still certain he wants a trip.

Early doors 20/1 nrnb bog
              Le richebourg 16/1 nrnb bog
              My only 2 win only

. I'd love to add whisky sour at 16s at some point if became available.
              I Also want to see real steels mark. Hes also crying out for a trip

Jetz
              Dicey o Reilly
              Someday
              Burrows saint
              All onn the shortlist.

Dortmund park another who would look to be going here to me but once again he's too short for me. And hes the type phil could well give plenty as 141 is too lenient.
              Last edited by Scooby91; 16 February 2018, 11:30 PM.
              https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
              Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                Early doors mark is 140 in Ireland thats lenient to my eye. I'm still certain he wants a trip.

Early doors 20/1 nrnb bog
                Le richebourg 16/1 nrnb bog
                My only 2 win only

. I'd love to add whisky sour at 16s at some point if became available.
                I Also want to see real steels mark. Hes also crying out for a trip

Jetz
                Dicey o Reilly
                Someday
                Burrows saint
                All onn the shortlist.

Dortmund park another who would look to be going here to me but once again he's too short for me. And hes the type phil could well give plenty as 141 is too lenient.
                In the last week I have asked for prices on Jetz, Early Doors, Lough Derg Spirit and Tower Bridge.

Notably Tower Bridge qualifies for the 50k stable staff bonus this year which really caught my eye.

Comment

Henderson confirms Diese Des Bieffes will be one of his "main ones" for this race. Only 12s/14s nrnb but 20/1 with Hills insurance looks more than fair to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Viking Flagship View Post
                    Henderson confirms Diese Des Bieffes will be one of his "main ones" for this race. Only 12s/14s nrnb but 20/1 with Hills insurance looks more than fair to me.
                    Perfect, have already backed him NRNB for both this and the Coral Cup knowing one would be void.

Comment

I'd really fancy Jessy Harrington's Impact Factor for this race if he was to have an entry. He has some very decent form in the book finishing second respectively to Getabird and Paloma Blue on his first two starts before getting off the mark nicely at Punchestown last month.

A current mark of 132 seems fair. He's entered up for a good grade two at Naas this Sunday was hoping to get a price somewhere before he runs but no joy. He's not entered for any of the grade 1 novice hurdles at the festival so I'm only assuming the Martin Pipe would be the target if going to the festival.
                      Last edited by SeanRock; 21 February 2018, 11:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SeanRock View Post
                        I'd really fancy Jessy Harrington's Impact Factor for this race if he was to have an entry. He has some very decent form in the book finishing second respectively to Getabird and Paloma Blue on his first two starts before getting off the mark nicely at Punchestown last month.

A current mark of 132 seems fair. He's entered up for a good grade two at Naas this Sunday was hoping to get a price somewhere before he runs but no joy. He's not entered for any of the grade 1 novice hurdles at the festival so I'm only assuming the Martin Pipe would be the target if going to the festival.
                        Fair shout. Really lightly raced for his age. Probably a shade low in the weights to get in currently, cut off was 135 last season I think, but does have an entry on Sunday, so maybe a big run then, before heading to the festival?

Which conditional would she likely use?

Comment

Blow By Blow, a grade 1 winner in bumpers, currently off 132 in Ireland goes in the same race that Champagne Classic finished 3rd in last year before winning at the festival.

Comment

Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                            Fair shout. Really lightly raced for his age. Probably a shade low in the weights to get in currently, cut off was 135 last season I think, but does have an entry on Sunday, so maybe a big run then, before heading to the festival?

Which conditional would she likely use?
                            Yeah hopefully a nice run at Naas on Sunday then onto the festival. It's a race Jessy won last year with one of her mares that went on to run in the mares novice race. Wouldn't be worrying myself about conditional jockey bookings just yet COD, her daughter Kate does ride for her on occasion tho.
                            Last edited by SeanRock; 21 February 2018, 06:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Folski View Post
                              Blow By Blow, a grade 1 winner in bumpers, currently off 132 in Ireland goes in the same race that Champagne Classic finished 3rd in last year before winning at the festival.
                              Looking at the jockey bookings he's 3rd choice Folski. He's a horse i couldn't wait to see jumping hurdles but he's been a big disappointment based on his bumper form. He looks a lazy type to me that does as little as possible and not in a good way.

Comment

I’ve BBB any race from before the season so would nice to get a run for my money in anything but wouldn’t expect a return

Comment

Working...
                                X